New to forum

New to the Master Shave forum? Drop in, say hello and introduce yourself.

New to forum

Postby PJFourie » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Hello everyone. I’m Pieter from Vaalpark. I really like my shaving rituals and goodies. I don’t own a DE razor, but I do have some Proraso pre-shave cream, shaving cream, aftershave balm and aftershave (the green ones). I also like nice aftershaves and colognes as specially the older types. I love the old school barbershop scents and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PJFourie

Re: New to forum

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:13 pm

PJFourie wrote:Hello everyone. I’m Pieter from Vaalpark. I really like my shaving rituals and goodies. I don’t own a DE razor, but I do have some Proraso pre-shave cream, shaving cream, aftershave balm and aftershave (the green ones). I also like nice aftershaves and colognes as specially the older types. I love the old school barbershop scents and stuff.

Welcome to the forum Pieter. Always nice to meet a fellow shaving enthusiast. You ar ein good company here. Once you start with the DE razors, the shaves get even better. :)

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Welcome to the group Pieter! :)

I’m one of the few non-South African members here. I’m an Israeli dude living in Canada. Enjoy yourself here!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby lladets » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 pm

PJFourie wrote:Hello everyone. I’m Pieter from Vaalpark. I really like my shaving rituals and goodies. I don’t own a DE razor, but I do have some Proraso pre-shave cream, shaving cream, aftershave balm and aftershave (the green ones). I also like nice aftershaves and colognes as specially the older types. I love the old school barbershop scents and stuff.

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that in no time you will be trying a D/E razor and then you will be hooked!!
lladets

Postby BLES » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi Pieter, welkom by die forum.

I noticed the forum is quite silent lately. It used to be very active forum till a few months ago. Unfortunately I myself is one of those guilty chaps who silently disappeared from the forum. Unfortunately a lot of factors contributed to my absence of which the main one was that my wife and I decided to scale down tremendously. We decided to pursue the "tiny house" lifestyle/dream. No turning back now as our home was sold last week. I realised yesterday that this decision will affect my hoarding of shaving gear, soaps and aftershave tremendously as I will only have one tiny drawer available for my gear. I'll definitely keep you in mind when thinning the herd.

BTW, from which bloodline were you born? I myself is from the bloodline of the last son in the second marriage, Jonathan Fourie (B21) (1738-d)

Bles Fourie
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby dini » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 am

Welcome to the forum , Pieter .
dini

Postby PJFourie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:52 pm

Thank you all

PJFourie

Postby PJFourie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 pm

BLES wrote:Hi Pieter, welkom by die forum.

I noticed the forum is quite silent lately. It used to be very active forum till a few months ago. Unfortunately I myself is one of those guilty chaps who silently disappeared from the forum. Unfortunately a lot of factors contributed to my absence of which the main one was that my wife and I decided to scale down tremendously. We decided to pursue the "tiny house" lifestyle/dream. No turning back now as our home was sold last week. I realised yesterday that this decision will affect my hoarding of shaving gear, soaps and aftershave tremendously as I will only have one tiny drawer available for my gear. I'll definitely keep you in mind when thinning the herd.

BTW, from which bloodline were you born? I myself is from the bloodline of the last son in the second marriage, Jonathan Fourie (B21) (1738-d)

Bles Fourie

I’m not so sure Bles. I’ll have ask my dad. He is Alexander Fenwick Fourie.

PJFourie

Postby Bundubeard » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:28 am

Welcome Pieter! Wow Bles, Tiny house...you'll have to get a thread going on that. Been keeping an eye on the movement, but not sure if I will ever be able to do that. Congratulations on the sale of the house, not easy in these times.
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Kry daai boendoe van jou gesig af/Get that bundu off your face
Bundubeard

Postby Natie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:16 am

Welcome Pieter.

You will enjoy it here.

Natie

Postby Chrisvo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 am

Welcome to the forum, Pieter.

You should definitely try a DE razor when you can. Blades are super cheap but the rabbit hole is deep!
Chrisvo

Postby Jock McSwart » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:27 am

Welcome Pieter!

Greetings from a cold, wet and windy Scotland.

I started with the real brush and proper shaving soap a few years ago, and it already made a big improvement to my shaving experience.

About two years ago I thought it would be cool to shave like a cowboy, and now I shave daily with a straight razor or a shavette (that's the one with the disposable blades). Absolutely love it and can't wait for the next shave!

I also have two DE razors, I sometimes use them when I am pushed for time.

I am sure you will find your own preference, all I can say is that when you start seeing shaving a a treat rather than a chore it becomes something to look forward to.
Jock McSwart

Postby PJFourie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:49 pm

Thank you all

PJFourie

Postby matthewoli98 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Hey there Pieter.
Sorry it took so long for me to welcome you but welcome here! If you need any tips on starting out with a safety razor feel free to drop me a message, i started just over a year ago, and the amount ive learnt in a year is quite astounding.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
Matthew Olivier (aka matthewoli98)
Instagram-matthewoli98
Cell number-0788630709
matthewoli98

Return to Introductions