SOTD: September, 2021

Tell us about your SOTD - was it BBS?

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:11 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Sunday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 12
MSC Cherry Freeze SS (glycerine version)
Prep ASB
Alt Innsbruck AS Splash

This glycerine version of Cherry Freeze is actually a very good soap although I must admit that I prefer the tallow one. The scent is good, yet it seems to smell a lot like cherry cough syrup but it’s still acceptable to me. The lather is excellent, the menthol sensation is good, and it’s very skin friendly. The Prep and the Alt Innsbruck did a great job of moisturizing, cooling, and soothing my skin not to mention how nice I smell. I managed to get a terrific BBS shave in three easy passes!

Have a good Sunday - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovely shave there Jeff!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
Thanks Mo!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Menthol Monday:

A true Grand Freeze!

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 13
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
Bleu de Chanel Parfum

This Gillette blade is still alive and kicking - day 13 and it helped me get a fantastic three pass BBS shave. The Glacial Lemon soap, balm, and aftershave had me shivering the whole time but it felt great!

Have a good week - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:44 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Menthol Monday:

A true Grand Freeze!

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 13
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
Bleu de Chanel Parfum

This Gillette blade is still alive and kicking - day 13 and it helped me get a fantastic three pass BBS shave. The Glacial Lemon soap, balm, and aftershave had me shivering the whole time but it felt great!

Have a good week - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Great shave there Jeff! :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15689
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:13 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Menthol Monday:

A true Grand Freeze!

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 13
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
Bleu de Chanel Parfum

This Gillette blade is still alive and kicking - day 13 and it helped me get a fantastic three pass BBS shave. The Glacial Lemon soap, balm, and aftershave had me shivering the whole time but it felt great!

Have a good week - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Great shave there Jeff! :)
Thanks so much Mo!

It was so frigid and fantastic!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Tuesday morning:

King C. Gillette Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 14
Lider Classic SC
L’Oreal Hydra Power Moisturizer
Booster Iced Lime AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
Bleu de Chanel EdP

Once again I decided to use something that I’ve been neglecting for a long time so I pulled out the Lider Classic cream. It’s from Poland and it has a very nice lemony scent with some other notes which I can’t describe, the lather is excellent, it’s quite slick, and the postshave feeling is good. The L’Oreal Hydra Power moisturizer works great as a balm, and the Booster Iced Lime aftershave is an old Canadian barbershop classic - the scent is so nice but it doesn’t clash with the Bleu de Chanel. The Gillette blade gave me one last hoorah with a terrific three pass BBS shave!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:47 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Tuesday morning:

King C. Gillette Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 14
Lider Classic SC
L’Oreal Hydra Power Moisturizer
Booster Iced Lime AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
Bleu de Chanel EdP

Once again I decided to use something that I’ve been neglecting for a long time so I pulled out the Lider Classic cream. It’s from Poland and it has a very nice lemony scent with some other notes which I can’t describe, the lather is excellent, it’s quite slick, and the postshave feeling is good. The L’Oreal Hydra Power moisturizer works great as a balm, and the Booster Iced Lime aftershave is an old Canadian barbershop classic - the scent is so nice but it doesn’t clash with the Bleu de Chanel. The Gillette blade gave me one last hoorah with a terrific three pass BBS shave!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice shave there Jeff. I like the Lider cream. Scent reminds me of the old South African Palmshave lime.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15689
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:42 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Tuesday morning:

King C. Gillette Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Gillette day 14
Lider Classic SC
L’Oreal Hydra Power Moisturizer
Booster Iced Lime AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
Bleu de Chanel EdP

Once again I decided to use something that I’ve been neglecting for a long time so I pulled out the Lider Classic cream. It’s from Poland and it has a very nice lemony scent with some other notes which I can’t describe, the lather is excellent, it’s quite slick, and the postshave feeling is good. The L’Oreal Hydra Power moisturizer works great as a balm, and the Booster Iced Lime aftershave is an old Canadian barbershop classic - the scent is so nice but it doesn’t clash with the Bleu de Chanel. The Gillette blade gave me one last hoorah with a terrific three pass BBS shave!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice shave there Jeff. I like the Lider cream. Scent reminds me of the old South African Palmshave lime.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
Thanks so much Mo!

I find those two creams smell completely different!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Wednesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/new Minora
Mickey Lee Paradise Frost SS
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Sport AS Splash

Do I ever love these Minora blades - last year I received a bunch of them from Jaco and I haven’t used them in a while so I wanted to go with one for the next two weeks because they have great longevity and they’re very sharp as well as smooth. The Paradise Frost is a lovely soap - the scent is a beautiful blend of grapefruit and other notes, it’s tallow based so the lather works up thick, rich, and slick, there’s a bit of a menthol sensation, and the postshave feeling is very comfortable. The Prep and the Aqua Velva Sport aftershave beefed up the cooling and left me feeling and smelling great. What an awesome BBS shave this was!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:16 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Wednesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/new Minora
Mickey Lee Paradise Frost SS
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Sport AS Splash

Do I ever love these Minora blades - last year I received a bunch of them from Jaco and I haven’t used them in a while so I wanted to go with one for the next two weeks because they have great longevity and they’re very sharp as well as smooth. The Paradise Frost is a lovely soap - the scent is a beautiful blend of grapefruit and other notes, it’s tallow based so the lather works up thick, rich, and slick, there’s a bit of a menthol sensation, and the postshave feeling is very comfortable. The Prep and the Aqua Velva Sport aftershave beefed up the cooling and left me feeling and smelling great. What an awesome BBS shave this was!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great shave there Jeff!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15689
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:48 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Wednesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/new Minora
Mickey Lee Paradise Frost SS
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Sport AS Splash

Do I ever love these Minora blades - last year I received a bunch of them from Jaco and I haven’t used them in a while so I wanted to go with one for the next two weeks because they have great longevity and they’re very sharp as well as smooth. The Paradise Frost is a lovely soap - the scent is a beautiful blend of grapefruit and other notes, it’s tallow based so the lather works up thick, rich, and slick, there’s a bit of a menthol sensation, and the postshave feeling is very comfortable. The Prep and the Aqua Velva Sport aftershave beefed up the cooling and left me feeling and smelling great. What an awesome BBS shave this was!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great shave there Jeff!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
Thanks so much Mo!

This soap is really lekker but I wish it had more of a menthol sensation because it’s too subdued.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:59 pm

Thursday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Minora day 2
Stirling Black Ice SS
Prep ASB
Razorock Don Donato AS Splash

This Black Ice is a refill puck that I bought a long time ago and like a shmuck I forgot that I had it so a couple of weeks ago I came across it when I was looking for something in my storage locker. The scent is IMHO very nice - it’s a sweet anise type like the Glacial Obsidian, the lather works up so rich with the typical Stirling slickness thanks to the tallow formula, it’s got a wonderful menthol sensation, and the postshave feeling is fantastic. As always the Prep delivers its own special cooling and soothing care, while the Don Donato aftershave smells so beautiful and feels so good. A special thanks to my Yaqi Barber Pole synthetic for whipping up such awesome lather. What a great BBS shave this was!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:33 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Thursday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Minora day 2
Stirling Black Ice SS
Prep ASB
Razorock Don Donato AS Splash

This Black Ice is a refill puck that I bought a long time ago and like a shmuck I forgot that I had it so a couple of weeks ago I came across it when I was looking for something in my storage locker. The scent is IMHO very nice - it’s a sweet anise type like the Glacial Obsidian, the lather works up so rich with the typical Stirling slickness thanks to the tallow formula, it’s got a wonderful menthol sensation, and the postshave feeling is fantastic. As always the Prep delivers its own special cooling and soothing care, while the Don Donato aftershave smells so beautiful and feels so good. A special thanks to my Yaqi Barber Pole synthetic for whipping up such awesome lather. What a great BBS shave this was!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great shave Jeff! What a collection of soaps you have! :) Enjoy your day.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15689
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:44 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Thursday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Minora day 2
Stirling Black Ice SS
Prep ASB
Razorock Don Donato AS Splash

This Black Ice is a refill puck that I bought a long time ago and like a shmuck I forgot that I had it so a couple of weeks ago I came across it when I was looking for something in my storage locker. The scent is IMHO very nice - it’s a sweet anise type like the Glacial Obsidian, the lather works up so rich with the typical Stirling slickness thanks to the tallow formula, it’s got a wonderful menthol sensation, and the postshave feeling is fantastic. As always the Prep delivers its own special cooling and soothing care, while the Don Donato aftershave smells so beautiful and feels so good. A special thanks to my Yaqi Barber Pole synthetic for whipping up such awesome lather. What a great BBS shave this was!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great shave Jeff! What a collection of soaps you have! :) Enjoy your day.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
Thanks Mo!

I’m trying to get rid of some of them but it’s not so easy!

Have a great day too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby PJFourie » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:39 pm

Great shaves gentlemen!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PJFourie
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: SOTD: September, 2021

Postby PJFourie » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Thursday shave with Woody’s and Wars. I really like this LEAF Twig razor and the Lord Platinum blades are superb. I love how this razor gets in under my nose. The head of the razor is very low profile and the edge of the blade sits very close to the sides of the razor. The brush is another favorite of mine, which is the Yaqi Black Knight. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PJFourie
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Previous

Return to Shave Of The Day

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests