SOTD: July 2022

Tell us about your SOTD - was it BBS?

SOTD: July 2022

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:34 pm

Mid summer here in Canada and a lot of blistering heat on the way so here’s my kickoff post for July!

Friday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 10
Stirling Glacial Citron SS
Prep ASB
Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE

Re: SOTD: July 2022

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:55 am

Great sshave Jeff!

I used a new razor today: The Leaf Twig-Thorn

It's a very interesting design with a head that reminds me a bit of the old Schick Injector.

It takes standard DE blades snapped in half. (You can also buy half blades).

The head itself is very slim and looks a bit odd on the fat tapered handle

Not overly aggressive, but does require more rinsing since the slim head doesnt catch much lather.

I used Stirling Ozark Soap. Overall, very good shave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:40 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Great sshave Jeff!

I used a new razor today: The Leaf Twig-Thorn

It's a very interesting design with a head that reminds me a bit of the old Schick Injector.

It takes standard DE blades snapped in half. (You can also buy half blades).

The head itself is very slim and looks a bit odd on the fat tapered handle

Not overly aggressive, but does require more rinsing since the slim head doesnt catch much lather.

I used Stirling Ozark Soap. Overall, very good shave.
Thanks Mo!

That’s a helluva nice looking razor!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:30 pm

Saturday morning:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 11
Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick SS
Prep ASB
Reef Point Fougère Santal AS Splash

As a general rule I’m not big on glycerine soaps but there are some exceptions and Jaco’s soaps are among those exceptions. His Kudu’s Kick is so nicely scented - if you like coffee and peppermint then you’ll love this soap, the lather is such a pleasure to work up, it becomes very thick, rich, slick and protective, there’s a wonderful menthol sensation, and the skincare is excellent. I enjoyed my massage with the Prep so much, and the Fougère Santal aftershave from Reef Point was a gift from my darling wife a while back - it smells so beautiful and is it ever mentholated. Three passes left me ultra BBS - this was such a delightful shave!

Enjoy the weekend - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:49 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Saturday morning:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Prep ASB

As a general rule I’m not big on glycerine soaps but there are some exceptions and Jaco’s soaps are among those exceptions. His Kudu’s Kick is so nicely scented - if you like coffee and peppermint then you’ll love this soap, the lather is such a pleasure to work up, it becomes very thick, rich, slick and protective, there’s a wonderful menthol sensation, and the skincare is excellent. I enjoyed my massage with the Prep so much, and the Fougère Santal aftershave from Reef Point was a gift from my darling wife a while back - it smells so beautiful and is it ever mentholated. Three passes left me ultra BBS - this was such a delightful shave!

Greta shave there Jeff!

Sent from my V2027 using Tapatalk
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:20 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Saturday morning:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Prep ASB

Greta shave there Jeff!

Sent from my V2027 using Tapatalk
Thanks Mo!

Dave and Jaco sent me this soap and the Klipspringer’s Kick! Nice stuff!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:32 pm

Sunday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 12
MSC Frosted Spearmint SS
Prep ASB
MSC Frosted Spearmint AS Spray

My brother Fernando’s soaps and aftershaves never cease to amaze me and to freak me out whenever I use them - his Frosted Spearmint is absolutely magnificent. The scent is beautiful - it’s identical to the Stirling Glacial Spearmint except not as intensely mentholated, the tallow formula promotes such awesome lather, there’s indeed more than enough menthol in it to satisfy me, and it’s so skin friendly. The Prep is another South African treasure, and the Frosted Spearmint aftershave has the same gorgeous scent as the soap not to mention how it freezes like a ton of menthol bricks. Smoother than silk from three glorious passes!

Enjoy your Sunday - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Menthol Monday:

What a great Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 13
Bundubeard Cool as a Cucumber X 3 SS
Prep ASB
Osage Rub AS Splash

My brother Jaco makes fabulous soaps also - most of them are glycerine based and they have awesome scents with great lather as well as excellent skincare. There are two versions of Cool as a Cucumber and this one is the X 3 variant which has a very high menthol content that’s comparable to the Stirling Glacial soaps. The scent of this soap is very nice - along with the cucumber you also get lots of peppermint, the lather explodes off the brush, the menthol sensation hits like a sledgehammer, and it’s so skin friendly. The Prep and the Rubby Dubby Doo were a perfect finish. Three passes gave me such a dynamite BBS shave which I enjoyed immensely!

Have a good week - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:52 pm

Tuesday morning:

Salaam aleikum wa Rahmat Allah al barakatu!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 14
Hamol SC
Prep ASB
Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

A great Syrian barbershop experience from this Hamol cream - my friend who’s a mechanic visited his family in Damascus a few years ago and he brought me back a couple of tubes of this lovely cream - the scent is so nice, it lathers like crazy, it has a mild but very pleasant menthol sensation, and it’s so skin friendly. This cream is so popular in Syrian barbershops and it’s apparently very cheap over there. The Prep felt so good when I massaged it on, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave’s beautiful scent made me smell and feel like I just stepped out of a barbershop over here. The Wilkinson Sword blade is pretty much kaput now but I managed to get one last hoorah from it with a great three pass BBS shave!

Enjoy your day - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:07 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Tuesday morning:

Salaam aleikum wa Rahmat Allah al barakatu!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 14
Hamol SC
Prep ASB
Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

A great Syrian barbershop experience from this Hamol cream - my friend who’s a mechanic visited his family in Damascus a few years ago and he brought me back a couple of tubes of this lovely cream - the scent is so nice, it lathers like crazy, it has a mild but very pleasant menthol sensation, and it’s so skin friendly. This cream is so popular in Syrian barbershops and it’s apparently very cheap over there. The Prep felt so good when I massaged it on, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave’s beautiful scent made me smell and feel like I just stepped out of a barbershop over here. The Wilkinson Sword blade is pretty much kaput now but I managed to get one last hoorah from it with a great three pass BBS shave!

Great shaves there Jeff!

I toook the Leaf Thorn razor for a spin today a Big Ben blade and Haslinger soap.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby shiomoto » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:55 pm

Howzit, Gents!

SOTD 06JUL2022:
-Yaqi Adjustable, setting 1
-Rapira Super Stainless
-Kent BK4S synthetic
-PAA Awesome Sauce
-Proraso Green splash
SOTD06JUL2022.jpg

Have finally finished up the 25+ old tubes of Indian/Pakistani creams, in just under a year. Next, I will be working through some of the old tubs of croaps/creams that have dried up and gone decolourised.
Old creams 06JUL2022.jpg

Stay safe and well, everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shiomoto

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:19 pm

shiomoto wrote:Howzit, Gents!

SOTD 06JUL2022:
-Yaqi Adjustable, setting 1
-Rapira Super Stainless
-Kent BK4S synthetic
-PAA Awesome Sauce
-Proraso Green splash
SOTD06JUL2022.jpg

Have finally finished up the 25+ old tubes of Indian/Pakistani creams, in just under a year. Next, I will be working through some of the old tubs of croaps/creams that have dried up and gone decolourised.
Old creams 06JUL2022.jpg

Stay safe and well, everyone!
Welcome back!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Wednesday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/new Wilkinson Sword
MSC Vintage Spice SS
CutiBase Moisturizer
MSC Vintage Spice AS Splash

For those of you who love the scent of the discontinued Shulton Old Spice soap and aftershave this Vintage Spice is a perfect substitute and it’s an EXACT copy. This soap is so precious and so special to me because I’m a Shulton Old Spice lover from the first time I ever used it. The soap is tallow based so you’re guaranteed to get magnificent lather, the scent is so delightful, and it’s so skin friendly. The CutiBase moisturizer is so soothing, and the Vintage Spice aftershave is witch hazel based so there’s no burning or stinging, it has the same gorgeous scent as the soap, and it has great staying power. Another super duper easy peasy three pass BBS shave which I enjoyed so much - thanks so much Fernando for these two treasures!

Have a good day - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:35 pm

Thursday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 2
Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
Prep ASB
Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Oh my God any colder and I would have gotten freezer burn - this Glacial Electric Sheep soap packs one b…ch of a menthol sensation. The scent is so beautiful, at least to me. It’s a delightful blend of lemon, citronella, and eucalyptus just like the regular version of Electric Sheep, it’s the first and only mutton tallow based Glacial soap so not only do you get awesome lather that has so much slickness, you’re guaranteed to get such gentle, soothing skincare. The Prep felt so good when I was massaging it into my skin, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave’s icy cold menthol kick along with its gorgeous old school barbershop scent were heavenly. Three passes gave me another perfect BBS shave!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:53 pm

Friday morning:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 3
MSC Grapefruit Cinnamon SS
CutiBase Moisturizer
Pinaud Bay Rum AS Splash

Here’s another lovely soap from Fernando that I’ve neglected and I regret it because it’s so good. This Grapefruit Cinnamon has such a nice scent - to be honest I don’t smell the cinnamon at all, it’s tallow based like all Fernando’s soaps so the lather is heavenly, and it’s very good in the skincare department. The CutiBase moisturizer is such a good balm albeit expensive, and I absolutely love the Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave. What a delightful three pass BBS shave this was

Enjoy your weekend - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:23 pm

Great shaves all around Jeff!
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:44 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Great shaves all around Jeff!
Thanks so much Mo!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:53 pm

Saturday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 4
MSC Peppermint Lime SS
Prep ASB
MSC Peppermint Lime AS Splash

My first time using this Canadian made Tech and I must say that I’m very pleased with it as well as very impressed. It’s a three piece razor and although it’s very mild it’s very efficient and it performs great. Fernando’s Peppermint Lime soap and aftershave are both treasures - the scent is so beautiful, the soap is tallow based so needless to say the lather is such a pleasure to work up - it’s so slick, there’s a helluva strong menthol sensation from it, and the skincare is perfect. The Prep gave me lots of additional soothing care, and the Peppermint Lime aftershave has no stinging or burning sensation because it’s witch hazel based, it has the same lovely scent as the soap, and it’s frigidly cold. Smoother than silk from three glorious passes - what a great shave!

Enjoy your weekend - be well and safe! Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:42 pm

Sunday morning’s Custom Made Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 5
MSC Wintergreen SS
Prep ASB
MSC Wintergreen AS Splash

If you’ll notice there are no labels on the soap tub or the aftershave bottle because they were custom made for me - my brother Fernando is such a soap and aftershave genius. IMHO his stuff easily competes with any of the so called “high end” brands and it beats many of them. His Wintergreen soap is a tallow based menthol atom bomb with the exact same scent as the Stirling Glacial Wintergreen soap, it lathers beautifully, it’s so slick, and it’s so skin friendly. The Prep is unbeatable when it comes to moisturizing and soothing while the Wintergreen aftershave is witch hazel based like all of Fernando’s other aftershaves, it has the same beautiful scent as the soap, and the menthol kick from it is friggin lethal - so lethal that it passes the B&M Arctique. My Tech gave me another brilliant three pass BBS shave that I enjoyed so much. Wish me good luck with my golf games today!

Enjoy your Sunday - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:10 pm

Menthol Monday:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 6
Godrej Menthol Mist SC
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

No Grand Freeze this morning because I woke up too late so I just grabbed the first thing in front of me. By itself the Godrej Menthol Mist cream is pretty cold although it’s nowhere near as cold as my other mentholated soaps, it smells quite nice, it lathers beautifully, and the skincare is pretty good. The Prep and the Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave were a perfect finish. I’m really enjoying my Tech a lot - what a great shave I had despite how rushed I was!

Have a good week - be well and safe!Image

JEFF
JAYDEE

Next

Return to Shave Of The Day