SOTD: November 2020

Tell us about your SOTD - was it BBS?

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Wednesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 4
RVT Yuka Lyptik SS
Prep ASB
H&V Bergamot Vetiver AS Splash

Today’s shave was dedicated to my dear friend Mo, who created and sent me this wonderful Yuka Lyptik soap. It has a great scent which is practically identical to the Halls eucalyptus lozenges, it lathers like a bomb, and the menthol sensation is pretty damned strong - definitely stronger than the Frosty Bay Rum soap. The skincare is also excellent just like all of Mo’s soaps. The Prep always gives me perfect postshave care, and the Bergamot Vetiver aftershave from Henri et Victoria smells beautiful - not only that it’s very mentholated, and it’s made by an artisan who lives about two hours away from me. These Minora blades are absolutely awesome - they help me get such fantastic shaves - I ended up as smooth as a baby’s tukhis!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:15 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Wednesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 4
RVT Yuka Lyptik SS
Prep ASB
H&V Bergamot Vetiver AS Splash

Today’s shave was dedicated to my dear friend Mo, who created and sent me this wonderful Yuka Lyptik soap. It has a great scent which is practically identical to the Halls eucalyptus lozenges, it lathers like a bomb, and the menthol sensation is pretty damned strong - definitely stronger than the Frosty Bay Rum soap. The skincare is also excellent just like all of Mo’s soaps. The Prep always gives me perfect postshave care, and the Bergamot Vetiver aftershave from Henri et Victoria smells beautiful - not only that it’s very mentholated, and it’s made by an artisan who lives about two hours away from me. These Minora blades are absolutely awesome - they help me get such fantastic shaves - I ended up as smooth as a baby’s tukhis!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Great shave there Jeff! G;ad you enjoyed the soap :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:26 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Wednesday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 4
RVT Yuka Lyptik SS
Prep ASB
H&V Bergamot Vetiver AS Splash

Today’s shave was dedicated to my dear friend Mo, who created and sent me this wonderful Yuka Lyptik soap. It has a great scent which is practically identical to the Halls eucalyptus lozenges, it lathers like a bomb, and the menthol sensation is pretty damned strong - definitely stronger than the Frosty Bay Rum soap. The skincare is also excellent just like all of Mo’s soaps. The Prep always gives me perfect postshave care, and the Bergamot Vetiver aftershave from Henri et Victoria smells beautiful - not only that it’s very mentholated, and it’s made by an artisan who lives about two hours away from me. These Minora blades are absolutely awesome - they help me get such fantastic shaves - I ended up as smooth as a baby’s tukhis!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Great shave there Jeff! G;ad you enjoyed the soap :)
Thanks Mo!

I enjoyed it so much!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Thursday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 5
Bundubeard Sanga Symphony SS
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Bleu de Chanel AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel EdP

Jaco’s tallow based soaps are absolutely magnificent - this Sanga Symphony has such a gorgeous scent, I love how it lathers, the slickness helps the blade skate across my face, and it has such a soothing postshave feeling. The Nivea Cool Kick balm is very moisturizing as well as soothing, and the Bleu de Chanel is my number one fragrance. Three passes gave me such a brilliant BBS shave that I enjoyed so much!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby dappershaves » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Beautiful Shaves Everyone
:o:::

Thursday Shave (all menthols)
6/8 Sheffield Silversteel & Bone
Stirling MITA Pre-Shave / Proraso White Tub & Boar
Proraso Green AS
Stirling MITA ASB
3 Passes
dappershaves
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Location: Centurion

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:55 am

dappershaves wrote:Beautiful Shaves Everyone
:o:::

Thursday Shave (all menthols)
6/8 Sheffield Silversteel & Bone
Stirling MITA Pre-Shave / Proraso White Tub & Boar
Proraso Green AS
Stirling MITA ASB
3 Passes


Nice Shave! :o:::
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:07 pm

dappershaves wrote:Beautiful Shaves Everyone
:o:::

Thursday Shave (all menthols)
6/8 Sheffield Silversteel & Bone
Stirling MITA Pre-Shave / Proraso White Tub & Boar
Proraso Green AS
Stirling MITA ASB
3 Passes
Great shave Jacques!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Friday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 6
Gilly’s Lush Life SS
Prep ASB
Aqua Velva Sport AS Splash

My sixth time using this Minora blade and it’s still going really strong. This Lush Life soap from Gilly’s has a lovely scent which I find difficult to describe, it gives great lather with a pleasant menthol sensation, and it’s very skin friendly. After a nice massage with the Prep the Aqua Velva Sport aftershave went on good and chilly - to me its scent is beautiful. Three passes resulted in a perfect BBS shave!

Have a great weekend - be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby PJFourie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 am

Beautiful shaves gentlemen!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PJFourie
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby PJFourie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 am

What a beautiful morning here in the far north. Finally we’re getting a break from the heat and possibly some rain. Everyone here is waiting for the big rain. The was equally satisfying.

Pre shave: Bundubar
Soap: Bundubeard Gentle Giant
Brush: Yaqi White Knight 30mm
Razor: Vintage Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Minora
ASB: Beardburrys plus 5 drops Baobab oil
ASS: Whitch Hazel with essential oils.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PJFourie
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby dappershaves » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 am

My shave today is not important. Shave education for me is important but also to share and pass that knowledge on. This shave demonstration was recorded live some months ago during lockdown. The video I uploaded to the tube to enable sharing, it’s around 29min and is a 3 pass straight razor shave demo for those interested. The video quality being a live feed did jump around during recording, please don’t be frustrated as the content presented I believe is uselful. happy shaves, dappershaves
:o:::

https://youtu.be/OfvkONmh-VU
dappershaves
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Location: Centurion

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:48 pm

PJFourie wrote:What a beautiful morning here in the far north. Finally we’re getting a break from the heat and possibly some rain. Everyone here is waiting for the big rain. The was equally satisfying.

Pre shave: Bundubar
Soap: Bundubeard Gentle Giant
Brush: Yaqi White Knight 30mm
Razor: Vintage Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Minora
ASB: Beardburrys plus 5 drops Baobab oil
ASS: Whitch Hazel with essential oils.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice one Pieter.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:00 pm

dappershaves wrote:My shave today is not important. Shave education for me is important but also to share and pass that knowledge on. This shave demonstration was recorded live some months ago during lockdown. The video I uploaded to the tube to enable sharing, it’s around 29min and is a 3 pass straight razor shave demo for those interested. The video quality being a live feed did jump around during recording, please don’t be frustrated as the content presented I believe is uselful. happy shaves, dappershaves
:o:::

https://youtu.be/OfvkONmh-VU


Wow! Nice on Dapper! Nice to see you shave.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Great shaves Pieter & Jacques!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Saturday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 7
Bundubeard On The Berg SS
Nip Man ASB
Max Disinfecting AS Splash

Jaco’s On The Berg soap is an absolute delight - it’s tallow based I believe and the scent is beautiful - it’s also difficult for me to describe because it seems complex but I would say that it’s very outdoorsy. The lather is such a pleasure to work up and it gets really thick, rich, as well as slick, and the postshave feeling is superb. The Nip Man balm is from the UK and it has a nice minty scent, it’s very moisturizing, it cools well, and it has a great soothing sensation. The Max Disinfecting aftershave is from Bulgaria and it also smells very nice, it stings like hell for a couple of seconds but then it feels so good on the skin. Three passes did the job for me - smooth as a glass table top!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Saturday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 7
Bundubeard On The Berg SS
Nip Man ASB
Max Disinfecting AS Splash

Jaco’s On The Berg soap is an absolute delight - it’s tallow based I believe and the scent is beautiful - it’s also difficult for me to describe because it seems complex but I would say that it’s very outdoorsy. The lather is such a pleasure to work up and it gets really thick, rich, as well as slick, and the postshave feeling is superb. The Nip Man balm is from the UK and it has a nice minty scent, it’s very moisturizing, it cools well, and it has a great soothing sensation. The Max Disinfecting aftershave is from Bulgaria and it also smells very nice, it stings like hell for a couple of seconds but then it feels so good on the skin. Three passes did the job for me - smooth as a glass table top!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice shave there Jeff!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:57 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Saturday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Minora day 7
Bundubeard On The Berg SS
Nip Man ASB
Max Disinfecting AS Splash

Jaco’s On The Berg soap is an absolute delight - it’s tallow based I believe and the scent is beautiful - it’s also difficult for me to describe because it seems complex but I would say that it’s very outdoorsy. The lather is such a pleasure to work up and it gets really thick, rich, as well as slick, and the postshave feeling is superb. The Nip Man balm is from the UK and it has a nice minty scent, it’s very moisturizing, it cools well, and it has a great soothing sensation. The Max Disinfecting aftershave is from Bulgaria and it also smells very nice, it stings like hell for a couple of seconds but then it feels so good on the skin. Three passes did the job for me - smooth as a glass table top!

Be well and safe!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice shave there Jeff!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
Thanks Mo!

Where is Mount Taffelberg?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby PJFourie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:40 am

Great shave Jeff and nice video Jacques!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PJFourie
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby dappershaves » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:58 am

Thank you for the kind words gents.
:o:::

Sunday Shave
1904 Bengall 6/8 - Carbon Steel
Calfskin Strop (100)
Mudder Focker & Boar
Thayers
3 Passes
dappershaves
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Location: Centurion

Re: SOTD: November 2020

Postby PJFourie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Bright Sunday morning shave.

Pre shave: Bundubar
Soap: Bundubeard On the Berg
Brush: Bundubeard synthetic
Razor: Gold Dollar 66
ASS: Clubman
ASB: Clubman

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PJFourie
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shave Of The Day

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
cron