SOTD: September 2019

Tell us about your SOTD - was it BBS?

Re: SOTD: September 2019

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Good morning all, shave of the day: Parker 99R razor, Feather Blade, Vie Long Anniversary brush, Taylor Of Old Bond Street Coconut shave cream, New York Shaving Co Aftershave #wetshaving #sotd

Superb shave! Wonderful scent from this creamz and super smooth result.

Have a great day, stay safe, and keep on shaving! Image

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Lekker skeer my broer!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Wednesday morning:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Shark day 4
Super Max Menthol SC
Prep ASB
Mennen Skin Bracer AS Splash

This Super Max Menthol cream is one of the items I found when I went down to my storage locker to get some blades last week. It’s from Bulgaria and it has a nice, although weird kind of scent but it lathers terrifically. It’s not a face-freezer but you can still feel a decent cooling sensation from it and the postshave care is pretty good. There’s nothing like a nice massage with the Prep and a couple of splashes of the Skin Bracer. I only had time for two passes but I had a great BBS shave nonetheless!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:33 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Wednesday morning:

Super Speed/Shark day 4
Super Max Menthol SC
Prep ASB

This Super Max Menthol cream is one of the items I found when I went down to my storage locker to get some blades last week. It’s from Bulgaria and it has a nice, although weird kind of scent but it lathers terrifically. It’s not a face-freezer but you can still feel a decent cooling sensation from it and the postshave care is pretty good. There’s nothing like a nice massage with the Prep and a couple of splashes of the Skin Bracer. I only had time for two passes but I had a great BBS shave nonetheless!
Great shave Jeff! Your storage locker is a treasure chest of shaving gear ;)

This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:34 pm

JAYDEE wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Good morning all, shave of the day: Parker 99R razor, Feather Blade, Vie Long Anniversary brush, Taylor Of Old Bond Street Coconut shave cream, New York Shaving Co Aftershave #wetshaving #sotd

Lekker skeer my broer!
Thank you very much Jeff!

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:08 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:

Super Speed/Shark day 4
Super Max Menthol SC
Prep ASB

Great shave Jeff! Your storage locker is a treasure chest of shaving gear ;)

Thanks Mo!

It was a lot bigger a couple of years ago but I got rid of quite a bit of stuff!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby Natie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:25 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Tuesday morning:

Super Speed/Shark day 3
RVT Green Fields SS
Prep ASB
Italian Barber Amici AS Splash

It’s been quite a while since I used the Green Fields soap and I’m really happy that I did. This is a South African treasure with a delightful peppermint scent that fills the bathroom, rich, slick lather, and it’s so cooling that it can easily pass for a menthol soap. Its postshave care is also very comfortable and soothing. As always the Prep gave me a terrific, cooling, soothing, and moisturizing feeling - what a great balm it is. The Amici aftershave from Italian Barber is mildly mentholated and what a beautiful scent it has - even my wife loves it. Three passes made my stubble disappear and left me smooth as a glass table top!

Klink so lekker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Natie

Postby Natie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Lekker shave Mo.
What bristles are on the vie long? I’ve been watching their horse hair brushes for a while now.

Natie

Postby Natie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Super Speed/Shark day 4
Super Max Menthol SC
Prep ASB

Lekker skeer Jeff.

Natie

Postby Natie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Good evening guys
I had a few questions from afrikaans people of where and with what i started. Even some of my friends that i thought would never be interested in wet shaving. So i did this one yesterday.

https://youtu.be/a0YSXGl13BI

Natie

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Natie wrote:

Super Speed/Shark day 4
Super Max Menthol SC
Prep ASB

Lekker skeer Jeff.

Baie dankie my broer!

Jou skeer was lekkerder! ;)
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:10 pm

My Thursday morning Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
Super Speed/Shark day 5
Stirling Glacial Black Cherry SS
Stirling Glacial Unscented ASB
Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash
Aramis EdT

My face is frozen stiff after this ungodly menthol assault (in a good way!) but I enjoyed every minute of it. The mentholated pre-shave soap from Stirling started the ball rolling with its invigorating cooling sensation, it leaves your skin spotlessly clean, it softens up your stubble, and its slickness turns your face into a skating rink. The Glacial Black Cherry soap has such a delightful scent, the lather is so rich as well as easy to work up, and the freeze hits you like ten tons of frigid bricks. The Glacial Unscented balm doesn’t lack menthol either - not only is it as cold as ice, it has such wonderful moisturizing and soothing. The Alcolado Glacial splash froze the daylights out of me. This shave was a three pass BBS work of art!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 pm

JAYDEE wrote:My Thursday morning Grand Freeze:

Super Speed/Shark day 5
Aramis EdT

My face is frozen stiff after this ungodly menthol assault (in a good way!) but I enjoyed every minute of it. The mentholated pre-shave soap from Stirling started the ball rolling with its invigorating cooling sensation, it leaves your skin spotlessly clean, it softens up your stubble, and its slickness turns your face into a skating rink. The Glacial Black Cherry soap has such a delightful scent, the lather is so rich as well as easy to work up, and the freeze hits you like ten tons of frigid bricks. The Glacial Unscented balm doesn’t lack menthol either - not only is it as cold as ice, it has such wonderful moisturizing and soothing. The Alcolado Glacial splash froze the daylights out of me. This shave was a three pass BBS work of art!

Great shave Jeff! Sounds like a cold one! :)
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:13 pm

JAYDEE wrote:My Thursday morning Grand Freeze:

Super Speed/Shark day 5
Aramis EdT

Great shave Jeff! Sounds like a cold one! :)

Thanks Mo!

This shave was FRIGID - not cold! :lol:
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:14 am

Morning all, shave of the day: Shave of the day: Vintage slant razor, Feather blade, Brushguy brush, Test soap, Nivea Splash #sotd #wetshaving

Outstanding shave. This old slant razor is very aggressive and needs a light touch. Baby smooth shave.

Have a great day, stay safe and keep on shaving! Image

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:58 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Morning all, shave of the day: Shave of the day: Vintage slant razor, Feather blade, Brushguy brush, Test soap, Nivea Splash #sotd #wetshaving

Outstanding shave. This old slant razor is very aggressive and needs a light touch. Baby smooth shave.

Terrific shave Mo!

Is that the new menthol soap?
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:03 pm

JAYDEE wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Morning all, shave of the day: Shave of the day: Vintage slant razor, Feather blade, Brushguy brush, Test soap, Nivea Splash #sotd #wetshaving

Terrific shave Mo!

Is that the new menthol soap?

Thanks Jeff! Yes, it is the new soap, working very well!

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Friday morning:

Super Speed/Shark day 6
Palmira SC
Svoboda ASB
Groom AS Splash
Oscar Pour Lui EdT

I think this Shark blade is starting to lose some of its sharpness because it didn’t take off as much stubble during my first pass as it did earlier in the week. This Palmira cream from Serbia has a lovely old school scent with great lather and it gives great skincare also. The Svoboda balm from Russia has a nice clean, soapy scent, it’s quite mentholated, and is it ever moisturizing as well as soothing. Two passes with some touching up earned me a good BBS shave so I can’t complain!

Have a great weekend!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:57 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Friday morning:

Super Speed/Shark day 6
Palmira SC
Svoboda ASB
Groom AS Splash
Oscar Pour Lui EdT

I think this Shark blade is starting to lose some of its sharpness because it didn’t take off as much stubble during my first pass as it did earlier in the week. This Palmira cream from Serbia has a lovely old school scent with great lather and it gives great skincare also. The Svoboda balm from Russia has a nice clean, soapy scent, it’s quite mentholated, and is it ever moisturizing as well as soothing. Two passes with some touching up earned me a good BBS shave so I can’t complain!

Have a great weekend!

Great shave Jeff! :)
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:15 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Friday morning:

Super Speed/Shark day 6
Palmira SC
Svoboda ASB
Groom AS Splash
Oscar Pour Lui EdT

Have a great weekend!

Great shave Jeff! :)

Thanks my friend!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Natie wrote:Good evening guys
I had a few questions from afrikaans people of where and with what i started. Even some of my friends that i thought would never be interested in wet shaving. So i did this one yesterday.

https://youtu.be/a0YSXGl13BI

I didn’t know that you have the Kameelperd - isn’t it wonderful?
JEFF
JAYDEE

PreviousNext

Return to Shave Of The Day