SOTD - November 2018

Tell us about your SOTD - was it BBS?

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby Clouds » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:01 am

Thug wrote:Muhle R41
Voskhod
Wolf Whiskers Black Wolf
Eufros Brisa de Oriente
Fine L'Orange Noir
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW awesome shave Thug.
Is your R41 the 2011 model everyone raves about?
How long did you wait for your Wolf Whiskers? I was on his website a week or so back and saw that he has a fairly long waiting list.
Clouds
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Great shave @Thug!
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Very chilly weather here in Montreal but I still have a reputation to maintain, right? Loll The Lea Menthol cream is something I plan to use more often because it’s so good. Do I ever love its scent and lather, its menthol effect is I would call medium-strong, and its postshave care is pretty good. The Prep (damn, I love it!) took away what little irritation I had, and the Fougere Santal aftershave earned me a couple of big kisses from the wife. Another perfect BBS shave!
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:42 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Very chilly weather here in Montreal but I still have a reputation to maintain, right? Loll The Lea Menthol cream is something I plan to use more often because it’s so good. Do I ever love its scent and lather, its menthol effect is I would call medium-strong, and its postshave care is pretty good. The Prep (damn, I love it!) took away what little irritation I had, and the Fougere Santal aftershave earned me a couple of big kisses from the wife. Another perfect BBS shave!
Great shave Jeff!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:42 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Very chilly weather here in Montreal but I still have a reputation to maintain, right? Loll The Lea Menthol cream is something I plan to use more often because it’s so good. Do I ever love its scent and lather, its menthol effect is I would call medium-strong, and its postshave care is pretty good. The Prep (damn, I love it!) took away what little irritation I had, and the Fougere Santal aftershave earned me a couple of big kisses from the wife. Another perfect BBS shave!
Great shave Jeff!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:43 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Very chilly weather here in Montreal but I still have a reputation to maintain, right? Loll The Lea Menthol cream is something I plan to use more often because it’s so good. Do I ever love its scent and lather, its menthol effect is I would call medium-strong, and its postshave care is pretty good. The Prep (damn, I love it!) took away what little irritation I had, and the Fougere Santal aftershave earned me a couple of big kisses from the wife. Another perfect BBS shave!
Great shave Jeff!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks a lot Mo!

These days I rarely use creams, but this Lea Menthol is one that I really enjoy!
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Very chilly weather here in Montreal but I still have a reputation to maintain, right? Loll The Lea Menthol cream is something I plan to use more often because it’s so good. Do I ever love its scent and lather, its menthol effect is I would call medium-strong, and its postshave care is pretty good. The Prep (damn, I love it!) took away what little irritation I had, and the Fougere Santal aftershave earned me a couple of big kisses from the wife. Another perfect BBS shave!
duplicate post
Apologies.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
Last edited by RiverValleyTrading on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:56 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Very chilly weather here in Montreal but I still have a reputation to maintain, right? Loll The Lea Menthol cream is something I plan to use more often because it’s so good. Do I ever love its scent and lather, its menthol effect is I would call medium-strong, and its postshave care is pretty good. The Prep (damn, I love it!) took away what little irritation I had, and the Fougere Santal aftershave earned me a couple of big kisses from the wife. Another perfect BBS shave!
Great shave Jeff!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:03 pm

@Mo Tomorrow it’s going to be one of YOUR delightful soaps. I haven’t yet decided which one but it’ll definitely be an RVT one! ;)
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:06 pm

JAYDEE wrote:@Mo Tomorrow it’s going to be one of YOUR delightful soaps. I haven’t yet decided which one but it’ll definitely be an RVT one! ;)
Thanks Jeff. Sorry about the duplicate posts... My phone is gone shwonky....

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:11 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:@Mo Tomorrow it’s going to be one of YOUR delightful soaps. I haven’t yet decided which one but it’ll definitely be an RVT one! ;)
Thanks Jeff. Sorry about the duplicate posts... My phone is gone shwonky....

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk


It’s all good my friend!

It’s happened to me too before! Loll
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby Chrisvo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Thursday's SOTD

Threw in a new blade for this shave. Also went with Tabac, always delivering a superb lather. Three pass BBS! A fantastic shave.

Tools:

- Tabac Shave Soap and Aftershave
- Nivea Balm
- Vintage Omega Boar Brush
- Personna Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
- 1930s Myatt Daymark Razor

Image

Finished up with a cold water rinse, my mentholated witch hazel, a good burn from the Tabac AS and replenished the skin with the Nivea balm.
Chrisvo
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:06 pm

@Chrisvo Like they say in Italian “questo e superbo - che bella rasatura!”

Translation:

This is superb - what a nice shave!
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Chrisvo wrote:Thursday's SOTD

Threw in a new blade for this shave. Also went with Tabac, always delivering a superb lather. Three pass BBS! A fantastic shave.

Tools:

- Tabac Shave Soap and Aftershave
- Nivea Balm
- Vintage Omega Boar Brush
- Personna Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
- 1930s Myatt Daymark Razor

Image

Finished up with a cold water rinse, my mentholated witch hazel, a good burn from the Tabac AS and replenished the skin with the Nivea balm.


Great shave ChrisVo! :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby Thug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Clouds wrote:WOW awesome shave Thug.
Is your R41 the 2011 model everyone raves about?
How long did you wait for your Wolf Whiskers? I was on his website a week or so back and saw that he has a fairly long waiting list.


Thanks Clouds.
It's the 2013 version, so not as aggressive.

I was on Peter's list for 2/3 months or so. It wasn't too bad.

JAYDEE wrote:Great shave @Thug!


Thanks Jeff.


Great shaves Jeff & Chrisvo!
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby Natie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Good evening wet shavers.

You all had such good shaves today to end the week with. My SOTD:

Pre: hot shower and Nivea face wash. Prep.

Soap: RVT Frosty bay rum SS.

Brush: Bundubeard hardekool pure badger brush.

Razor: Dovo straight razor.


Post: pure primal after shave oil.

After shave: old spice whitewater.

Strop: locally produce cow hide strop.

Image

It was a lovely 2 pass shave with a DFS result.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Natie
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm

SOTD - November 2018

Postby CastleShave » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 pm

What an amazing Scent! Wholly Kaw has done it realllly well this time! scent strength is much stronger than the others I have! both off the puck and stronger lathered! I think when it comes down to Wholly kaw I must bowl lather. the performance of this soap completely changed.

Bowl: Castle Shave Lather Bowl
Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: Wholly Kaw Pashas Pride
Razors: 15/16 Barbers Rattlers (x2)
Brush: 30mm El Druida Custom
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Pashas Pride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q__EauKRsKA

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CastleShave
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Natie wrote:Good evening wet shavers.

You all had such good shaves today to end the week with. My SOTD:

Pre: hot shower and Nivea face wash. Prep.

Soap: RVT Frosty bay rum SS.

Brush: Bundubeard hardekool pure badger brush.

Razor: Dovo straight razor.


Post: pure primal after shave oil.

After shave: old spice whitewater.

Strop: locally produce cow hide strop.

Image

It was a lovely 2 pass shave with a DFS result.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovely shave there Natie!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: SOTD - November 2018

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 pm

CastleShave wrote:What an amazing Scent! Wholly Kaw has done it realllly well this time! scent strength is much stronger than the others I have! both off the puck and stronger lathered! I think when it comes down to Wholly kaw I must bowl lather. the performance of this soap completely changed.

Bowl: Castle Shave Lather Bowl
Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: Wholly Kaw Pashas Pride
Razors: 15/16 Barbers Rattlers (x2)
Brush: 30mm El Druida Custom
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Pashas Pride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q__EauKRsKA

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice looking shave there!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 11984
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

PreviousNext

Return to Shave Of The Day

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest