Gold Dollar Straight Razor Pass Around

Gold Dollar Straight Razor Pass Around

Postby dappershaves » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:45 am

Razor will be sterilised, cleaned and tested before sending to next member.

How to join the pass around...
- Must be member here with more than 20 posts and known to the community.
- Return the equipment in same condition as received in a timely manner.
- Stick to the agreement and timeframes.
- Record and share your shaves/thoughts of this razor.
- Not allowed to borrow the razor to anyone else during your time with the razor.
- By accepting this offer you indemnify me from any and all personal damages and or injuries

I have a Gold Dollar 208 Straight Razor that is shave ready and available as pass around for members here to give you opportunity and time to experience using a straight. The razor was finished on a natural whetstone and is unmodified. Thus the bevel angle on the razor is larger at 19.2 degrees due to the thicker spine and not perfectly suited for extremely coarse and heavy beards, that said I enjoyed the shaves off this razor.

The idea here is that you request to use the razor for a max of 15 days. You do that by replying to this thread and motivate why you want to give it a try. You can either collect the razor from me in Centurion, or you arrange/pay for the shipping+returns. I will include a paddle strop and instructions for use during your 15 days and help you with advice/couching if needed.

This offer is based on first come/first serve basis whilst I reserve the right to deny access.

6/8 Gold Dollar 208
1/2 Hollow
Carbon Steel
Made in China

happy shave - dappershaves
Last edited by dappershaves on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
dappershaves

Re: Gold Dollar Pass Around

Postby Clouds » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Nice one Jacques.
I'm out, but make take you up in the future.
I need to use the Wecks with the baby wheels!!
Clouds

Re: Gold Dollar Pass Around

Postby dappershaves » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Thank you Claudio, whenever you are ready. You’ll be off the training wheels quickly...
dappershaves

Re: Gold Dollar Straight Razor Pass Around

Postby dappershaves » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Thank you Matthew for the visit earlier today it was nice to finally put a face to a name. Enjoy the Gold Dollar and let us know how it goes.
:o:::
dappershaves

Postby matthewoli98 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:49 pm

dappershaves wrote:Thank you Matthew for the visit earlier today it was nice to finally put a face to a name. Enjoy the Gold Dollar and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for selling me the slim adjustable! Sorry for my ignorance on straight razors lol, still very new to it. I'll definitely give the straight a try sometime in the next month or so.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
Matthew Olivier (aka matthewoli98)
Instagram-matthewoli98
Cell number-0788630709
matthewoli98

Postby dappershaves » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:21 am

matthewoli98 wrote:
dappershaves wrote:Thank you Matthew for the visit earlier today it was nice to finally put a face to a name. Enjoy the Gold Dollar and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for selling me the slim adjustable! Sorry for my ignorance on straight razors lol, still very new to it. I'll definitely give the straight a try sometime in the next month or so.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Only pleasure Matthew, I am happy you are enjoying the Slim. They are great versatile razors, would love to hear your thoughts on the GD. Ultra slick lather with a flat blade angle and no pressure will suit you well.
:o::: dappershaves
dappershaves

Return to Straight Razor Discussion