'Forum soaps'

Shaving gear and other stuff for guys and girls.

Visit Bundubeard's Shop

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby Bundubeard » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:01 am

1 x African Potato X3 left, Dave,looks like I'll be dropping yours off today.
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Kry daai boendoe van jou gesig af/Get that bundu off your face
Bundubeard
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Donkerhoek, Pretoria

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby deepsouth » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:26 pm

I desperately need to finalize this, I've been incredibly busy the past few weeks...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
A man well lathered is half shaved
User avatar
deepsouth
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:44 pm

I’m almost drooling for my Vanilla X3! Lol
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 pm

deepsouth wrote:I desperately need to finalize this, I've been incredibly busy the past few weeks...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Did you order an African Potato X3 as well?
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby Thug » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:38 pm

So my feedback on the soaps I purchased.

The Vanilla x1 was ever so slightly stronger than the Meißner Gentle Menthol I have. A nice Menthol kick without being overpowering.

The African Potato x3 though was in your face. A strong Menthol but not eye-watering. Manageable but probably more suitable as a summer soap.

I did bloom both soaps prior to using them and they generated great lather with good protection.

Recommended.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Thug wrote:So my feedback on the soaps I purchased.

The Vanilla x1 was ever so slightly stronger than the Meißner Gentle Menthol I have. A nice Menthol kick without being overpowering.

The African Potato x3 though was in your face. A strong Menthol but not eye-watering. Manageable but probably more suitable as a summer soap.

I did bloom both soaps prior to using them and they generated great lather with good protection.

Recommended.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks for the info Thug!

It helps me a lot because this way I can compare it to the Kameelperd and Stirling Glacials when I get my Vanilla X3. I used the Kameelperd yesterday and it was cold to the point where it felt borderline painful during my second pass, but in a very nice way. :)
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby Rowanmf » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:22 pm

hmmm , adds that to the shopping list ..
Rowanmf
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:29 pm

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby Bundubeard » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:25 am

Thanks for the feedback guys, luckily summer has arrived. (and left again) :D Anyone did any 'testing' to determine whether a warm scuttle or brush scuttle delivers a different experience?
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Kry daai boendoe van jou gesig af/Get that bundu off your face
Bundubeard
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Donkerhoek, Pretoria

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Bundubeard wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys, luckily summer has arrived. (and left again) :D Anyone did any 'testing' to determine whether a warm scuttle or brush scuttle delivers a different experience?



I find it depneded on the nature of the soap. In some cases I found that the warm scuttle thinned out the lather (perhaps it made it dry faster), however when you applied to the face, and the temperature normalised, it tightened up again.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:16 pm

I finally received the two new soaps - the Vanilla X 3 and the African Potato X 3. Both of them smell really nice, I must say. The big decision is which one to try first!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:53 pm

JAYDEE wrote:I finally received the two new soaps - the Vanilla X 3 and the African Potato X 3. Both of them smell really nice, I must say. The big decision is which one to try first!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice! :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 15175
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:55 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:I finally received the two new soaps - the Vanilla X 3 and the African Potato X 3. Both of them smell really nice, I must say. The big decision is which one to try first!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice! :)


Thanks Mo!

I think it’ll be the African Potato for tomorrow!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Well, as I said I decided to go with with the hyper-mentholated African Potato soap this morning and it’s definitely killer cold. Honestly, I don’t know how Jaco was able to get the scent to be so brilliant with all that menthol in it. As soon as you open the container to sniff the soap you get bashed in the face with those powerful menthol fumes but then that lovely exotic, earthy scent comes through very clearly. I didn’t bloom the soap - in fact all I did was wet my brush, shake off some of the water, and then I swirled it on the puck for around 25 seconds and I had such rich, THICK lather which was easily enough for four, or even five passes. Seconds after I began lathering up the menthol sensation started hitting me and I felt like my face was freezing. The blade glide is so good and along with the freeze you get a terrific moisturizing feeling which feels so good both during and after a shave. Jaco, you’re a soap genius!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby Bundubeard » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:35 am

Glad you finally got some of the 'specials'! Not sure where to go next for you, maybe dry ice in a tub...maybe the -80 degrees freezing the cells on your face will have you think you have reached arctic Nirvana :mrgreen:
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Kry daai boendoe van jou gesig af/Get that bundu off your face
Bundubeard
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:45 pm
Location: Donkerhoek, Pretoria

Re: 'Forum soaps'

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:47 am

Bundubeard wrote:Glad you finally got some of the 'specials'! Not sure where to go next for you, maybe dry ice in a tub...maybe the -80 degrees freezing the cells on your face will have you think you have reached arctic Nirvana :mrgreen:


Wait until you read the next report. It’s going to be on the Vanilla one! ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE
 
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Previous

Return to Bundubeard/Boendoebaard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron