Cardio Log - March 2017

From weight training to healthy exercise programs, find health and fitness information for a healthy lifestyle.

Cardio Log - March 2017

Postby BLES » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 am

Since Sunday I’m back on the road running again. Sunday morning 5km, Monday Morning, 5km and last night 6.5 km. This morning when on the road again I thought it would be fun to start a cardio log for March as I know there are quite a few runners and cyclist here on the forum. I make use of the Thinnmann Training Log on my computer but thought something simple like the template below will work quite well for here.

Date:
Time:
Distance:
Type of cardio:
Pace:
Course:
Notes / comments:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: Cardio Log - March 2017

Postby BLES » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 am

Date: 2017/03/01 at 04:00 AM
Time: Unknown
Pace: Unknown
Distance: 5KM
Type of cardio: Running
Course: Road
Notes / comments: For the next two weeks I’ll be running without a timer to get back in routine after which I’ll start with a 10km program again. This morning was on a flat route and one can feel the season is changing as it was quite chill outside. My 21 year old son was my partner in crime. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Thug » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 am

Great thread Bles. I'll definite make use of it.

I'll be doing the Kinetic 8km trail run tonight at Randpark Golf Club

I have quite a few races planned this year

Trail Running:
- Captain Carrot
- Land Rover Modderfontein
- The Oxpecker
- Num Num
- 4 Peaks

Cycling:
- Swazi Frontier

edit: I use a Suunto Ambit 3 Peak for both running and cycling (I have a Garmin 910XT available for sale if anyone is interested).
Thug

Postby BLES » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:20 am

Those are some spectacular races Thug. I don’t have too many races planned for this year as I mainly focus on getting my fitness levels back. For now it is interval, tempo runs and speed work during the week with at least one long run over the week-ends. I do however plan to do the Bobbies 10k in two weeks’ time and then definitely on my radar this year will be the Spingbok Vasbyt in July. A fantastic race, but a pushing course. A mix of tarmac and trail running with steep climbs and decent.
I currently run with a Garmin Forerunner 10
BLES

Postby Thug » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Date: 1 March 2017
Time: 19:32
Distance: 8km
Pace: 5.11 /km
Course: Randpark Golf Course
Notes / comments:
Kinetic Trail Run,
107m ascent
time - 41:15
Thug

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:19 am

Thug wrote:Date: 1 March 2017
Time: 19:32
Distance: 8km
Pace: 5.11 /km
Course: Randpark Golf Course
Notes / comments:
Kinetic Trail Run,
107m ascent
time - 41:15

Fantastic run there Thug. I'm working towards the 5 minutes per km but unfortunately there is still a lot of work ahead. :oo What trail running shoes are you currently running with?
BLES

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:24 am

Date:[/b] 2017/03/02 at 04:15 AM
Time: Unknown
Pace: Unknown
Distance: 5KM
Course: Road
Notes / comments: Different route this morning with a slight climb for the first 3km. Since Sunday till this morning I did about 26.5km road running. I must still work in a long run for this week.
BLES

Postby Thug » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:39 am

BLES wrote:Fantastic run there Thug. I'm working towards the 5 minutes per km but unfortunately there is still a lot of work ahead. :oo What trail running shoes are you currently running with?

Thanks Bles.

My time last night was a couple of minutes slower than my PB on that route, so there is still some way to go.

I ran last night in Altra Lone Peak 3.0's which are a zero drop shoe. I also use the Inov-8 Trail Rock 255's which are a 6mm drop and then the long ultra distance shoe I have is the Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 which are an 8mm drop.
Thug

Postby deepsouth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 am

I finally managed to eat a pizza by myself last night - was good :lol: You guys are making me feel unfit (which is very apt, as it's true)
Time to dust off something resembling cardio...used to cycle quite a lot, but certainly not doing that again - association with those inconsiderate packs of short-tempered, ill-mannered, entitled donkeys will not be made ever. In fact the argus is coming up - time to stock up on a waterpistol :lol:
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Thug wrote:
BLES wrote:Fantastic run there Thug. I'm working towards the 5 minutes per km but unfortunately there is still a lot of work ahead. :oo What trail running shoes are you currently running with?

Thanks Bles.

My time last night was a couple of minutes slower than my PB on that route, so there is still some way to go.

I ran last night in Altra Lone Peak 3.0's which are a zero drop shoe. I also use the Inov-8 Trail Rock 255's which are a 6mm drop and then the long ultra distance shoe I have is the Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 which are an 8mm drop.

You and my sons will get along well. They always talk about the different drops of the shoes. :lol: :lol: My trail running shoes is the New Balance MT101 shoe. They are light and low to the ground. This photo is downloaded from the internet but I do have the exact same pair and colour as in the photo.
New-Balance-MT101.jpg

My road runners are 3 different pairs of Asics Gel Nimbus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLES

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 pm

deepsouth wrote:I finally managed to eat a pizza by myself last night - was good :lol: You guys are making me feel unfit (which is very apt, as it's true)
Time to dust off something resembling cardio...used to cycle quite a lot, but certainly not doing that again - association with those inconsiderate packs of short-tempered, ill-mannered, entitled donkeys will not be made ever. In fact the argus is coming up - time to stock up on a waterpistol :lol:

excuses, excuses... :lol: :lol: :clap:
BLES

Postby Thug » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Cool trail shoes.
I always imagined you running in something similar to these :lol:

shoes.png

In my road running days, I used to run in Asics Gel Cumulus (the cheaper cousin of the Nimbus).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thug

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Thug wrote:Cool trail shoes.
I always imagined you running in something similar to these :lol:

shoes.png

In my road running days, I used to run in Asics Gel Cumulus (the cheaper cousin of the Nimbus).

:lol: :lol: Their only good for sprinting... ;)
BLES

Postby deepsouth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:28 pm

I run in these, but only to a cold beer :lol: run=amble in this scenario :lol:
alt110.jpg
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Jacquers » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Running is tough!

I'm relatively cycling fit and recently started running. So far I've done a +-6km beach run (running on sand is tough and will leave you with sore legs) and 2 trail runs of 3.6km each. The running is definitely tougher and more strenuous than cycling the same distance or even twice the distance.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby BLES » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:18 am

# Friday # Rest day # Pizza night :D Tomorrow = LSD
BLES

Postby BLES » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:25 am

Jacquers wrote:Running is tough!

I'm relatively cycling fit and recently started running. So far I've done a +-6km beach run (running on sand is tough and will leave you with sore legs) and 2 trail runs of 3.6km each. The running is definitely tougher and more strenuous than cycling the same distance or even twice the distance.

It's only tough in the beginning. Once you get running fit it becomes addictive... You guy there in PE have such lovely safe running and cycling paths down there from the aquarium to Summer-strand. When we come down for work we always run that stretch in the early mornings and it is surprisingly to see how many runners and cyclists are already on the road that time of the morning. Here in Pretoria I'm lucky to see 3 people that time of the morning running or cycling... :cry:
BLES

Postby BLES » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:26 am

deepsouth wrote:I run in these, but only to a cold beer :lol: run=amble in this scenario :lol:
alt110.jpg

Falip Fa le's :lol: :lol: :lol:
BLES

Postby Thug » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Date: 4 March 2017
Time: 07:38
Distance: 8.3km
Pace: 5.34 /km
Course: From home to Alberts Farm, Parkrun and the back home
Notes / comments:
Took it easyish as I have Captain Carrot tomorrow
Thug

Postby BLES » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 am

Thug wrote:Date: 4 March 2017
Time: 07:38
Distance: 8.3km
Pace: 5.34 /km
Course: From home to Alberts Farm, Parkrun and the back home
Notes / comments:
Took it easyish as I have Captain Carrot tomorrow

The time still looks good for an easy run. How did it go with the Captain Carrot?
BLES

Next

Return to Exercise, Workout, and Fitness