Cardio Log - March 2017

From weight training to healthy exercise programs, find health and fitness information for a healthy lifestyle.

Re: Cardio Log - March 2017

Postby deepsouth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

WHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 am

I received a SMS from the club last night. Tomorrow morning they will host a club run at the clubhouse. 5, 8 & 16. I think I must pull up my socks and go for the 8... :think:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Thug » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:54 am

I did a 30km bike ride this morning.

Tomorrow - probably a 15km run
Sunday - a similar distance.
Thug

Postby DAVEP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:20 am

Parkrun wif the family again tomorrow at Gillooleys hopefully do better than my time last Saturday.
DAVEP

Postby BLES » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:37 am

Thug wrote:I did a 30km bike ride this morning.

Tomorrow - probably a 15km run
Sunday - a similar distance.

I admire your dedication Thug... :clap: :clap:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby BLES » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:37 am

DAVEP wrote:Parkrun wif the family again tomorrow at Gillooleys hopefully do better than my time last Saturday.

Hats off to you Dave.... :clap: :clap:
BLES

Postby DAVEP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:14 pm

BLES wrote:
DAVEP wrote:Parkrun wif the family again tomorrow at Gillooleys hopefully do better than my time last Saturday.

Hats off to you Dave.... :clap: :clap:

Thanks BLES the difference it has made to my weight loss is quite significant I also went to a book launch of two ladies from CT Bernadine Douglas and Bridgette who launched a new Banting book with Tim Noaks and they did an assessment for me and gave a specific eating plan to me which I have been following for a two weeks and with the Parkrun and regular gym visits and strictly following the eating plan I have lost 5kg in the two weeks.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Dave, I did the banting thing and lost 10kg's in a few months, I don't use sugar at all anymore and only eat certain carbs, much improvement. My Missus is dead keen on crossfit and I fear a heart attack from it :-) Naturally I have to join her....

Well done on your successes, it's worth every drop of sweat expended !
deepsouth

Postby DAVEP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:47 pm

deepsouth wrote:Dave, I did the banting thing and lost 10kg's in a few months, I don't use sugar at all anymore and only eat certain carbs, much improvement. My Missus is dead keen on crossfit and I fear a heart attack from it :-) Naturally I have to join her....

Well done on your successes, it's worth every drop of sweat expended !

Thanks DS these two ladies are awesome and I have had more success with them than merely following the Meal Revolution they have a clinic in CT their company is Slender Slim 4 U (SS4U) really nice helpful and supportive ladies.
DAVEP

Postby Thug » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:59 pm

DAVEP wrote:Thanks BLES the difference it has made to my weight loss is quite significant I also went to a book launch of two ladies from CT Bernadine Douglas and Bridgette who launched a new Banting book with Tim Noaks and they did an assessment for me and gave a specific eating plan to me which I have been following for a two weeks and with the Parkrun and regular gym visits and strictly following the eating plan I have lost 5kg in the two weeks.

Well done Dave, that's brilliant!! Keep at it.

I'm in the fortunate position that I can eat anything I like and don't need to lose weight.
Thug

Postby DAVEP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:07 pm

Thug wrote:
DAVEP wrote:Thanks BLES the difference it has made to my weight loss is quite significant I also went to a book launch of two ladies from CT Bernadine Douglas and Bridgette who launched a new Banting book with Tim Noaks and they did an assessment for me and gave a specific eating plan to me which I have been following for a two weeks and with the Parkrun and regular gym visits and strictly following the eating plan I have lost 5kg in the two weeks.

Well done Dave, that's brilliant!! Keep at it.

I'm in the fortunate position that I can eat anything I like and don't need to lose weight.

Thanks Tony I can only dream about being like you are unfortunately I have battled with my weight since my early teens, and now am pre type 2 diabetic in other words extremely insulin resistant.
DAVEP

Postby Jacquers » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:10 pm

Dave, sounds like a low carb / low GI diet will work for you., I also have to watch what I eat, especially carbs and I do like my pasta!
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Thug » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:35 pm

A 14.8km run this morning.
Legs felt heavy after yesterday's ride.
Thug

Postby DAVEP » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:41 am

Jacquers wrote:Dave, sounds like a low carb / low GI diet will work for you., I also have to watch what I eat, especially carbs and I do like my pasta!

Hi Jacquers yes you are correct I am on a very strict LCHF eating plan at the moment and the last two weeks I have lost 5kg more than I have ever before on any other eating plan.
DAVEP

Postby DAVEP » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:43 am

I completed another Parkrun on Saturday and managed a sub 49min for the 5km course. My weight this morning is down another 2kg. Not a bad weekend at all.
DAVEP

Postby Thug » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:46 am

DAVEP wrote:I completed another Parkrun on Saturday and managed a sub 49min for the 5km course. My weight this morning is down another 2kg. Not a bad weekend at all.

That's brilliant, well done Dave.
Thug

Postby deepsouth » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

Good job Dave, once you hit ketosis (around two weeks in) the feeling is great! Everything gels, you're system is in tune.

I still take a teaspoon of coconut oil in my morning espresso for that extra boost, with winter around the corner it's much easier to get into the good fats, think of yummy stews with brisket or short rib fats. Roasted veg....Hmmm

I have been on a bit of a pescatarian kick - I'm over beef/chicken and only for bacon - don't eat pork at all. I'm really enjoying the regimen, but have to kill off carbs.

I love my seafood!
deepsouth

Previous

Return to Exercise, Workout, and Fitness