Fitness log - September 2017

From weight training to healthy exercise programs, find health and fitness information for a healthy lifestyle.

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby c4Chucky » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
c4Chucky wrote:Bly jy's terug op die been ;)

I've been hit by the flu for the fourth time this year!!!
It really took a toll on my kung fu, so I know how you feel.
It's called the Kung flu.. Knocks you out for days....

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shave Awesome!

www.razorrebel.co.za
User avatar
c4Chucky
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby Thug » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:17 am

27km ride this morning.
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby Thug » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am

Another 28km this morning.
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby Thug » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 am

11km trail run on Saturday. Was supposed to be 24km but felt a couple of twinges in my hamstring, so bailed.
82km singlespeed ride on Sunday.
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 am

Some superb distances covered the past few days Thug. :clap: :clap:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:40 am

Saturday 15km club run.
Sunday 20km ride.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby Thug » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:43 am

Thanks Bles and likewise, you too.

How did the knee feel on that 15k?
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 am

Thug wrote:Thanks Bles and likewise, you too.

How did the knee feel on that 15k?

The knee is still having a slight pain when running downhill. The one guy at the club who also suffer from runner’s knee said it can take up to 8 months to completely heal...as long as you don't overdo it... :hmmm
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 am

Ouch, take it easy BLES.

I remember somebody who had 'Prayer's Knee'. It's a strain injury from kneeling too much...
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:49 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Ouch, take it easy BLES.

I remember somebody who had 'Prayer's Knee'. It's a strain injury from kneeling too much...

Now that's not good.... :lol: :lol:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 am

Did only a 5km run after work yesterday. It was extremely hot outside. :surprised
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby Thug » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:46 pm

BLES wrote:Did only a 5km run after work yesterday. It was extremely hot outside. :surprised


Well done.

My legs were seriously tired after the weekend, so didn't ride this morning, although I did plan to.
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 am

Thug wrote:
BLES wrote:Did only a 5km run after work yesterday. It was extremely hot outside. :surprised


Well done.

My legs were seriously tired after the weekend, so didn't ride this morning, although I did plan to.

Sometimes a bit of rest is all one need to enhance performance. :D

So, yesterday I did another 5km in this warm Pretoria weather. My plan for today is a 5km after work and an 8km club run tonight. :thumbup:

I'm currently shopping for new shoes. After 3 pairs of Asics Gel Nimbus I think it is time to change the scenery. I'm still deciding between the Puma Speed 500/600 Ignite, Asics Gel-Kayano or New Balance Fresh Foam 1080. Any thoughts or suggestions?
The Brooks Ravena & Pureflow as well as Mizuno Wave are also tempting.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby Thug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am

BLES wrote:
Thug wrote:
BLES wrote:Did only a 5km run after work yesterday. It was extremely hot outside. :surprised


Well done.

My legs were seriously tired after the weekend, so didn't ride this morning, although I did plan to.

Sometimes a bit of rest is all one need to enhance performance. :D

So, yesterday I did another 5km in this warm Pretoria weather. My plan for today is a 5km after work and an 8km club run tonight. :thumbup:

I'm currently shopping for new shoes. After 3 pairs of Asics Gel Nimbus I think it is time to change the scenery. I'm still deciding between the Puma Speed 500/600 Ignite, Asics Gel-Kayano or New Balance Fresh Foam 1080. Any thoughts or suggestions?
The Brooks Ravena & Pureflow as well as Mizuno Wave are also tempting.


Well done on the run.
Shoes are so personal. What works for me might not work for you.
All I can recommend is something which is comfortable. :)
If the Nimbus have served you well, why change?
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks Thug. These are all shoes suggested for my running profile, weight and length. I was happy with the Nimbus until my last pair which I belief is part and parcel of my knee injury. When I run with the older pairs I feel no pain or discomfort but as soon as I run with the latest pair I feel some discomfort / pain after a day or two of use. :|
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby deepsouth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 am

Vibram five fingers? Or as I do, barefoot on the beach
A man well lathered is half shaved
User avatar
deepsouth
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby jegreen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

BLES wrote:
I'm currently shopping for new shoes. After 3 pairs of Asics Gel Nimbus I think it is time to change the scenery. I'm still deciding between the Puma Speed 500/600 Ignite, Asics Gel-Kayano or New Balance Fresh Foam 1080. Any thoughts or suggestions?
The Brooks Ravena & Pureflow as well as Mizuno Wave are also tempting.


Shoes are very difficult to recommend, which is why its best to stick to what works. But sometimes they get it wrong with a new version, as you experienced. Previously I used New Balance for many years until a pair messed up my ankles badly due to the foam in the soles collapsing. That's when I learnt that I needed to look at a shoe designed to handle 100kg+.

My last 3 sets of shoes, still all being used, are Brooks Glycerine (previous model), Asics Cumulus (previous model), Asics Nimbus (current model). Very happy with all 3, chosen for comfort rather than speed. The Cumulus is the lightest and best for competition, while the other 2 are quite heavy. The other shoes that were on my shortlist: Asics GT-1000, GT-2000, Saucony Triumph, Saucony Progrid, Brooks Adrenaline, New Balance 1260. For now I'll be sticking to Asics.
User avatar
jegreen
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:36 am

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 pm

jegreen wrote:
BLES wrote:
I'm currently shopping for new shoes. After 3 pairs of Asics Gel Nimbus I think it is time to change the scenery. I'm still deciding between the Puma Speed 500/600 Ignite, Asics Gel-Kayano or New Balance Fresh Foam 1080. Any thoughts or suggestions?
The Brooks Ravena & Pureflow as well as Mizuno Wave are also tempting.


Shoes are very difficult to recommend, which is why its best to stick to what works. But sometimes they get it wrong with a new version, as you experienced. Previously I used New Balance for many years until a pair messed up my ankles badly due to the foam in the soles collapsing. That's when I learnt that I needed to look at a shoe designed to handle 100kg+.

My last 3 sets of shoes, still all being used, are Brooks Glycerine (previous model), Asics Cumulus (previous model), Asics Nimbus (current model). Very happy with all 3, chosen for comfort rather than speed. The Cumulus is the lightest and best for competition, while the other 2 are quite heavy. The other shoes that were on my shortlist: Asics GT-1000, GT-2000, Saucony Triumph, Saucony Progrid, Brooks Adrenaline, New Balance 1260. For now I'll be sticking to Asics.


I weight 100kg+ when I started running again and that's why I chose the Nimbus at the time. My weight dropped to below 90kg and my speed increased over the years so it might be that the Nimbus is not working for me as it used to do. :hmmm

From your shoe list I can see you’re more of a stability shoe guy appose to me being a neutral shoe guy. It is strange how the Nimbus cater in both these shoe categories. :think:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:24 pm

deepsouth wrote:Vibram five fingers? Or as I do, barefoot on the beach

If you're not used running barefoot you'll first have to get your minimalist running technique in order and I've heard from other runners complaining about smelly feet when running with it. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Fitness log - September 2017

Postby BLES » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm

I only did a 5k yesterday. Time didn't permit for me to make it on time for the club run. :( This afternoon after work another 5k. This must be a fast 5 because tonight we're going to braai! :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

PreviousNext

Return to Exercise, Workout, and Fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron