What is your EDC (Every day carry)

All the other fine accouterments that go hand in hand with looking and feeling sharp; discussions including watches, jewelry and fine attire. Including hair, beard and mustache maintenance.

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby admin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:56 pm

BLES wrote:Three years ago? Come now chaps, let's see those EDC especially with COVID-19 making it more creative. :D

Heres is my current EDC setup.

Handkerchief
Labello lip balm
Casio G-Shock with paracord strap
Parker pen
Hand sanitizer
PPE mask
Leatherman Wave
Keyring with prey bar, bottle opener, wrench, and skrew drivers (office and handcuff key)
Fisherman's Friend
Walther P-99

Wow, long time indeed BLES!

The paracord strap came out great - perhaps share who or how it was done with us?
Is the P99 issued, what's your general thoughts on this handgun?

I have swapped out the Maglite with a Wuben C3 on the EDC pouch - what an upgrade and very happy with this flashy. The trusty bedside spotlight for 'bumps in the night' also gave up on me so it was replaced with an Olight S2R Baton II that I manged to get on special during lock down.

The strobe function on both these lights are potent - another great feature to have on hand to quickly disorientate any attacker.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 am

Hi Stuart, a long time indeed.

I’m pleased with the outcome of the paracord strap but is not too keen on the olive drab and will shortly redo the strap in black paracord. I promise I’ll do an SBS here on Master Shave when I redo the strap.

Yes, the P99 AS is my issued firearm. I’m very pleased with it. My first issue was a Beretta 92 FS which is a heavy metal gun with a large grip. My private firearm is also a Beretta 92 FS so I wanted to switch my private firearm for something compact, light, and easy to conceal and was fortunate to be able to switch my issued firearm with the P-99 AS when only a few of them were released in service.

The P-99 is a lightweight polymer with a handgrip that comes in three (3) sizes. It weighs 680g compared to the 92 FS weighing 944g. In length, it measures 18.03cm as opposed to the 21.59cm of the 92 FS. It is also a DA/SA which is perfect for me. I know a lot of people tend to go for the Glock 17 and 19 models of which the model 19 is quite similar than the P-99 in build accept that it a striker-fired action.

In the end, it will all depend on what you prefer when it comes to Double Action/ Single Action (DA/SA) handguns or Striker Fired handguns. They are two very different systems that both have their advantages, but often DA/SA guns take more time to master over striker-fired guns.

That Wuben C3 and Olight S2R both look like excellent torches. The Wuben C3 is something that might come in handy in my EDC bag. I’m still on the 3 cell Maglite of which I exchanged the standard bulb to a LED bulb making u huge difference in the light beam distance and battery saving. I also use my trusty old Olight tac light which fits on both rails of my issued and private firearms.

I'm definitely due for a new torch in due course. ;)
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby lladets » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:04 pm

IMG_20210312_111848.jpg

My "Man bag" currently contains the following Items:-
Cellphone
RFID Card Holder
Wallet
Small notebook and Pen
Nail clipper and Emery file
Small Floss
Mint Chewing gum
Emergency whistle
Small Comb
Small tissue pack
Pocket knife
Key ring LED torch bright (140 lumens) med low + strobe
Small Woolworth's shopping bag
Face mask
Sanitizer
Emergency medical details
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lladets

Postby BLES » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:45 am

lladets wrote:
IMG_20210312_111848.jpg

My "Man bag" currently contains the following Items:-
Cellphone
RFID Card Holder
Wallet
Small notebook and Pen
Nail clipper and Emery file
Small Floss
Mint Chewing gum
Emergency whistle
Small Comb
Small tissue pack
Pocket knife
Key ring LED torch bright (140 lumens) med low + strobe
Small Woolworth's shopping bag
Face mask
Sanitizer
Emergency medical details

Lovely setup. You've covered all the essentials a man should carry daily. ;)
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby BLES » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:54 am

admin wrote:
BLES wrote:Three years ago? Come now chaps, let's see those EDC especially with COVID-19 making it more creative. :D

Heres is my current EDC setup.

Handkerchief
Labello lip balm
Casio G-Shock with paracord strap
Parker pen
Hand sanitizer
PPE mask
Leatherman Wave
Keyring with prey bar, bottle opener, wrench, and skrew drivers (office and handcuff key)
Fisherman's Friend
Walther P-99

Wow, long time indeed BLES!

The paracord strap came out great - perhaps share who or how it was done with us?
Is the P99 issued, what's your general thoughts on this handgun?

I have swapped out the Maglite with a Wuben C3 on the EDC pouch - what an upgrade and very happy with this flashy. The trusty bedside spotlight for 'bumps in the night' also gave up on me so it was replaced with an Olight S2R Baton II that I manged to get on special during lock down.

The strobe function on both these lights are potent - another great feature to have on hand to quickly disorientate any attacker.

A quick update. I have swapped out the Maglite with a Powertac E7. Max 780 lumen, the rechargeable battery runs a max of 300 hours, max throw of 218 meter, 2m impact resistant and waterproof IPX7. The torch also serves as a powerbank to charge your cellphone.
BLES

Postby matthewoli98 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Casio WS-200-H (tough solar) for when the going gets tough on working day's, a mi band 4 (fitness tracker) for non working days or holidays, and the tried and true opinel.Image

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk
Matthew Olivier (aka matthewoli98)
Instagram-matthewoli98
Cell number-0788630709
matthewoli98

Previous

Return to Top Hat & Bow Tie