What is your EDC (Every day carry)

All the other fine accouterments that go hand in hand with looking and feeling sharp; discussions including watches, jewelry and fine attire. Including hair, beard and mustache maintenance.

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue May 30, 2017 1:23 pm




Looks a good option. I'm not a fan of the hooked blade design, but that will do the job. It's alo a bit cheaper than one of the smaller Spyderco knives. (Something like the Spyderco Ambitious would be my choice. I'e had my eye on that one for a while)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby BLES » Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 pm


Quite a looker there Admin. :thumbup: I see some guys attach the bear claw knife sheath to the safety belt release clip so when you need to unbuckle your safety belt in case of an emergency the knife is easily reachable without drawing to much attention. ;) :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby admin » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

BLES wrote:

Quite a looker there Admin. :thumbup: I see some guys attach the bear claw knife sheath to the safety belt release clip so when you need to unbuckle your safety belt in case of an emergency the knife is easily reachable without drawing to much attention. ;) :D


Well now, that's an excellent idea - thank-you!
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:53 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby BLES » Tue May 30, 2017 1:40 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:



Looks a good option. I'm not a fan of the hooked blade design, but that will do the job. It's alo a bit cheaper than one of the smaller Spyderco knives. (Something like the Spyderco Ambitious would be my choice. I'e had my eye on that one for a while)

I have one of these fitted on my boot. :thumbup:
dd7dc8b07e1e701344f4e682f0d3e981.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby deepsouth » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 pm

A man well lathered is half shaved
User avatar
deepsouth
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm

deepsouth wrote:My next cheese knife
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/MT1051 ... num-sheath


Wow... Those have to banned by the Geneva convention... . :shock:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby deepsouth » Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm

I do think they're illegal and I definitely don't want one, it's a crazy thing with one purpose - to kill.
A man well lathered is half shaved
User avatar
deepsouth
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby BLES » Tue May 30, 2017 2:44 pm

It will definitely be classified as a “dangerous weapon” in terms of the Dangerous Weapons Act 15 of 2013 which will define it as an object, other than a firearm, capable of causing death or inflicting serious bodily harm, if it were used for an unlawful purpose.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby Mikaar » Tue May 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Mine is pretty basic at the moment.

Wallet (with ID, Medical Aid and sufficient cash)
Lip ice
CRKT Drifter G10(This was stolen recently thanks to Mango, so using a Pazoda for now till I decide on what to replace it with.)
Cellphone
Mini leatherman
Mini led lenser torch

In my back pack which I have on me most of the time.

Spare knife
Unbranded multi tool
Spare belt
Led Lenser P7
Matches and lighter
Mini first aid kit( Bandages, gauze, plasters and basic wound dressing)
Some general tablets (Panado, Immodium, Biostrath)
Powerbank and cable
USB
And other general campus stuff. It's actually quite a bit now that I'm typing it out.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby Mikaar » Tue May 30, 2017 5:18 pm

deepsouth wrote:My next cheese knife
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/MT1051 ... num-sheath

I was wanting one of these, but $1000 is a bit much for what will be an ornamental knife. I think some company made a cheaper clone for about $200 a few years back.

Cape Union at Canal walk had stock of the Spyderco Civilian for about R5000 when I was there a few months ago. That knife is probably much more lethal and much easier to carry than this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby BLES » Wed May 31, 2017 6:51 am

Mikaar wrote:Mine is pretty basic at the moment.

Wallet (with ID, Medical Aid and sufficient cash)
Lip ice
CRKT Drifter G10(This was stolen recently thanks to Mango, so using a Pazoda for now till I decide on what to replace it with.)
Cellphone
Mini leatherman
Mini led lenser torch

In my back pack which I have on me most of the time.

Spare knife
Unbranded multi tool
Spare belt
Led Lenser P7
Matches and lighter
Mini first aid kit( Bandages, gauze, plasters and basic wound dressing)
Some general tablets (Panado, Immodium, Biostrath)
Powerbank and cable
USB
And other general campus stuff. It's actually quite a bit now that I'm typing it out.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good setup Mikaar. I still must post my list but I don't know where to start... :lol: :lol:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby Mikaar » Wed May 31, 2017 9:00 am

Thanks Bles


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:54 pm

I follow Mark Maclean (aka Hunter Green) on youtube. He does shaving and knife videos. He is currently at the Atlanta Blade show, and met up with knife maker Andre de Villiers (ADV Tactical). Doing South Africa proud! :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6IvUdpamK8

(Pricey stuff though!)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 am

Hi all,

Yesterday I was gettign a lift home and we brok down on the freeway on the home. Quite a deserted area, and it was fairly dark. The guy whose car it was had no torch, no spare cellpohne battery etc.

Just a reminder to all to please ensure you have your emegency kit in order. honestly, you never know when you might need it.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby ShavingB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:24 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Hi all,

Yesterday I was gettign a lift home and we brok down on the freeway on the home. Quite a deserted area, and it was fairly dark. The guy whose car it was had no torch, no spare cellpohne battery etc.

Just a reminder to all to please ensure you have your emegency kit in order. honestly, you never know when you might need it.


Thanks for the fair warning! And glad you made it back okay!

I should definitely get something together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ShavingB
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 6:12 pm
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: What is your EDC (Every day carry)

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:29 pm

ShavingB wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Hi all,

Yesterday I was gettign a lift home and we brok down on the freeway on the home. Quite a deserted area, and it was fairly dark. The guy whose car it was had no torch, no spare cellpohne battery etc.

Just a reminder to all to please ensure you have your emegency kit in order. honestly, you never know when you might need it.


Thanks for the fair warning! And glad you made it back okay!

I should definitely get something together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



A good tip is to have the Uber app installed on your phone. Not only is usefull to get home in an emergency, but it also agives you your current location as a street address. This is very handy whe you are phoning the emergency, or tow truck services.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 9560
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Previous

Return to Top Hat & Bow Tie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest