Your man cave/s for work and pleasure

When we're not sourcing that hard to come by shave soap or that rare straight razor we find our selves pursuing an activity or unique interest, let's hear what keeps us busy!

Your man cave/s for work and pleasure

Postby BLES » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:42 am

Being locked up in my study for almost a week while studying I thought to myself we all are all familiar with each other’s shaving equipment and routines but how does it actually look behind the screen in your man cave you work or relax in. :D
I’ll stick out my neck and start to take you through a tour of my man cave… the part of the house Mrs Bles leaves me to be … :oo
Let me use the opportunity to show off my Movember attempt as well… Growing since 4 October.
P1040614.jpg

The entrance to my domain…
P1040613.jpg

P1040599.jpg

P1040600.jpg

…entering my study or man cave whatever one wants to call it.
P1040603.jpg

P1040605.jpg

P1040593.jpg

Lekker deurmekaar... :oo

So let’s see those man caves… :D :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: Your man cave/s for work and pleasure

Postby DAVEP » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:46 am

WOW that is truly awesome Bles. Our house not big enough for a man cave for me. :drool:
DAVEP

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:55 am

Wow BLES. Very cool.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:58 am

Lucky man ! That is pretty cool ! I just go hide in the garage during certain times each month :roll:
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Thanks Dave, RVT and DS. :thumbup: This is becoming a bit on the small side for me. I'm in the process of negotiating with the crèche next to my house to buy a piece of their property big enough to build a double garage as I always said I will restore a vintage vehicle one day when the kids finished with their studies. The idea is to build a cellar below the garage for a wine cellar and on top of the garage a cigar lounge and painting studio.
Well, let’s say this is my long term plan but for now I’m happy with the current one. ;)
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby BLES » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:06 pm

deepsouth wrote:Lucky man ! That is pretty cool ! I just go hide in the garage during certain times each month :roll:

I have one of those spots as well during certain times of the month :lol: :lol: :lol:
BLES

Postby Chrisvo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:02 pm

That's pretty amazing! I bet one of those books is a secret lever that hides the secret door to the real BLES cave.

Personally I prefer the idea of a study. Clean and yet comfortable. I guess younger men prefer a more game type room but as they grow older like the more pleasant things in life, like peace and quiet! :lol:

The vintage phone looks elegant, nice touch!
Chrisvo

Postby Thug » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:35 pm

That's awesome Bles. Very nice indeed.

My garage, is my man cave. Bikes, tools , workbenches, grease, camping kit, paddles, etc etc etc
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Wow! That's a great section you have to your self there BLES. All you need in there is a shaving sink :)
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Stubble » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:19 pm

That is a cool cave Bles. Hopefully one day I will live in a place long enough to get a cave myself. I would really like to build a Cobra kit car one day.
Stubble

Postby BLES » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks Chris, Thug and Stubble. :thumbup:
BLES

Postby Stubble » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:31 pm

So in our new house there was a spare room and it shall become my man cave/ study. It is still far from unpacked but here is a picture of the main attraction. I have a bathroom just next door that I can use exclusively when we don't have guests so that is why I decided to keep my shave gear in the room as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stubble

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Stubble wrote:So in our new house there was a spare room and it shall become my man cave/ study. It is still far from unpacked but here is a picture of the main attraction. I have a bathroom just next door that I can use exclusively when we don't have guests so that is why I decided to keep my shave gear in the room as well.

Wow! Very nice layout there Stubble! Did the border security hive you any hassle about the Tobacco. Those guys are strict!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Stubble » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks RVT. No in total one person can bring in 50g at a time. I have been to SA and Sydney 4 times in tweleve months so every time I brought some with and posted it from Sydney to where I work now. But they will burn one if you even bring 1g to much.
Stubble

Postby deepsouth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:45 am

Good setup stubble, keep your posts flowing though. I expect a vegetable shave soap to appear soon :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
deepsouth

Postby deepsouth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:46 am

Vegemite... Autocorrect

deepsouth

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:40 am

deepsouth wrote:Vegemite... Autocorrect

I see there's an Australian Cadbury's chocolate thats Vegemite flavoured... that can't be pleasant.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby DAVEP » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:03 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
deepsouth wrote:Vegemite... Autocorrect

I see there's an Australian Cadbury's chocolate thats Vegemite flavoured... that can't be pleasant.

Bwahaha I tried a cashew nut made locally by Safari and it was coated with a marmite coating wow it was awesome but cant find it again :(
DAVEP

Postby BLES » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:24 am

Stubble wrote:So in our new house there was a spare room and it shall become my man cave/ study. It is still far from unpacked but here is a picture of the main attraction. I have a bathroom just next door that I can use exclusively when we don't have guests so that is why I decided to keep my shave gear in the room as well.

Looks great Stubble!! I'm glad you could find a space for your man-cave. I'm looking forward to some progress photos... :D :D :D :thumbup:
BLES

Return to The Hobbyist