What movie did you watch last?

Just seen a movie and can't wait to tell someone about it? That Broadway play turns out to be all fluff? Whatever your favorite form of entertainment, we discuss it here; Movies, books, concerts, and On /Off-Broadway plays. Stop by and be entertained!

Re: What movie did you watch last?

Postby Thug » Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 am

Haven't watched any movies but have being watching a couple of series on Netflix.

Currently watching Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland.
Support Movember by clicking on this link: https://mobro.co/tonyhuglin?mc=1
Thug

Postby deepsouth » Tue May 09, 2017 8:51 am

Same, going through Helix at the moment, S2 is a bit meh. Need to finish off Mad Men at some point too. I lose interest in movies very fast, it does need to be good enough to capture and hold my attention. FF Copolla said the other day that Godfather would never have been made if it was made today -
it's not a "marvel" movie and wouldn't have made it to the cinema - sad but true
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 pm

My son got two tickets for the preview of Wonder Woman which screened last night at The Zone in Rosebank. His brother chickened out at the last minute so I felt sorry for the lad and went with him. There is nothing short of “skop, skiet and donner” in this movie and watching it in 3D made it much more enjoyable. I’m feeling exhausted today as we only got back home at around 23:30 last night as we had to travel all the way back to Pretoria and I had to wake up 3:30 again this morning. :oo
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:49 pm

BLES wrote:My son got two tickets for the preview of Wonder Woman which screened last night at The Zone in Rosebank. His brother chickened out at the last minute so I felt sorry for the lad and went with him. There is nothing short of “skop, skiet and donner” in this movie and watching it in 3D made it much more enjoyable. I’m feeling exhausted today as we only got back home at around 23:30 last night as we had to travel all the way back to Pretoria and I had to wake up 3:30 again this morning. :oo

Sounds like a lot of action there BLES. Quite a long way to drive for Wonder Woman. :) I saw the trailer seems quite interesting.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:53 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
BLES wrote:My son got two tickets for the preview of Wonder Woman which screened last night at The Zone in Rosebank. His brother chickened out at the last minute so I felt sorry for the lad and went with him. There is nothing short of “skop, skiet and donner” in this movie and watching it in 3D made it much more enjoyable. I’m feeling exhausted today as we only got back home at around 23:30 last night as we had to travel all the way back to Pretoria and I had to wake up 3:30 again this morning. :oo

Sounds like a lot of action there BLES. Quite a long way to drive for Wonder Woman. :) I saw the trailer seems quite interesting.

My sons are both huge DC and Marvel fans but I just tagged along though it is not quite my interest subject. It was good father and son bonding though. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 am

War for the Planet of the Apes: I enjoyed this movie. Very well made, but you must watch the previous two before this one. Also, recommended that you watch the 1969 Charlton heston original after this.

Very good special effects, and Woody Harrelson does a head shave with a straight :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Eina!!! That calls for serious trouble... :crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:
BLES

Postby BLES » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Me and the wife finished last night the first series of "Designated Survivor". :thumbup:
BLES

Postby deepsouth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Kung Pow - what a laff :lol:
deepsouth

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 pm

deepsouth wrote:Kung Pow - what a laff :lol:

Funny movie that :)

Also check out Shaolin Soccer, and Kung Fu Hustle. (Both Awesome movies with incredible special effects.. and funny!)
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:18 am

I watched “This means war” with the misses last night. It is an action romance staring Tom Hardy and Chris Pine which are two CIA operators and best friends whom fall in love with the same girl. I must say I had quite a chuckle. Two weeks back I we watched “CHiPS”. Not what I expected. The story line in the movie is total different from that of the TV series in the 80’s.
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 am

BLES wrote:I watched “This means war” with the misses last night. It is an action romance staring Tom Hardy and Chris Pine which are two CIA operators and best friends whom fall in love with the same girl. I must say I had quite a chuckle. Two weeks back I we watched “CHiPS”. Not what I expected. The story line in the movie is total different from that of the TV series in the 80’s.

I saw the new Chips, it had some funny moments but I also think they should have stuck clsoer to the original series.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Logan. (A sequel to the previous Wolverine movies). Very good movie. Unbeleivable violence though. Wow! This movie is NOT for kids. :twisted:

Won't spoil any of the story but let's just say we won't be seeing Hugh Jackman, and Patrick Stewart in any more of these movies.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

What movie did you watch last?

Postby ShavingB » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Skiptrace. A Jackie Chan movie from 2016. Watched it last night and it was action packed and funny as with most of his movies, even though he is in his 60's. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShavingB

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 am

ShavingB wrote:Skiptrace. A Jackie Chan movie from 2016. Watched it last night and it was action packed and funny as with most of his movies, even though he is in his 60's. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I didn;t realise Jackie Chan was still making movies. Cool :)
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:02 pm

I saw Logan Lucky on the weekend. I thought it a very good movie . A heist movie with a couple of interesting twists.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:40 am

Just finished Narcos season 3 last night, pretty good. The crazy world of South American drug cartels Season 1 & 2 was around Pablo Escobar, where Season three focused on the Cali cartel and how they 'took over' from the Medellin/Pablo cartel. A bit violent though. Season 4 promising a stab at the Mexican cartels, El Chapo and the likes, a location scout was shot to shreds whilst looking for spots to film. Insane!

I'll likely start with Expanse season 2 soon. I do enjoy Netflix and their offerings/originals
deepsouth

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:08 am

deepsouth wrote:Just finished Narcos season 3 last night, pretty good. The crazy world of South American drug cartels Season 1 & 2 was around Pablo Escobar, where Season three focused on the Cali cartel and how they 'took over' from the Medellin/Pablo cartel. A bit violent though. Season 4 promising a stab at the Mexican cartels, El Chapo and the likes, a location scout was shot to shreds whilst looking for spots to film. Insane!

I'll likely start with Expanse season 2 soon. I do enjoy Netflix and their offerings/originals

Soudns very interesting DS. I signed u pfor ShowMax now that is is free for DSTV premium subscribers... highly addicttive stuff. No ad breaks, just more episodes. ..and then the next episode... :oo
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Previous

Return to Movies, Series & Entertainment