FRENCH PRESS

Can't get started without that first cup of coffee? Here is where you can get your morning buzz about all things coffee related. In addition to grounded conversation, you can find reviews on both homebrew and commercial coffee products. Java, Latte, Cappuccino…whatever your caffeine drug of choice, you can find it here!

FRENCH PRESS

Postby BLES » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:57 am

Earlier on another topic Henk wrote about using a French Press brewing his coffee. Some people look down on the French press.

You see, in my opinion there is nothing better to deliver the truest essences and full flavors of fresh-roasted coffee than the French press.
The reason is simple: there is no filtration process. None. All of the natural oils that give your coffee its flavor stay in the brew and don't get filtered out.
French press is a brewing method and, in many ways, it is the method that gives me the most control.
It is quite easy to use. Grind your coffee coarse, put it in the press and pour water that has cooled a few degrees off boiling directly onto it. I boil the water first and leave it to cool down while I grind my beans. Stir with a wooden spoon to get good contact between water and coffee and allow it too steep for 3-5 minutes, press and pour.
There's not much to a French press. You can get a very serviceable model that will last you for years for cheap. Since there are no filters, the press is a green and sustainable option. If you don't have one, why not give French press a try. ;)
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: FRENCH PRESS

Postby HenkB » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Very true.

One of the cheapest, if not the best, options out there to get the perfect cuppa.
HenkB

Return to The Coffee Grinder