GOOD MORNING THREAD

Can't get started without that first cup of coffee? Here is where you can get your morning buzz about all things coffee related. In addition to grounded conversation, you can find reviews on both homebrew and commercial coffee products. Java, Latte, Cappuccino…whatever your caffeine drug of choice, you can find it here!

GOOD MORNING THREAD

Postby BLES » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am

Good morning fellow shavers. :wave: The morning is almost over and I see no coffee talk yet. I simply can’t start my morning without a cup of coffee /” boeretroos” and therefore I decided this would be the perfect sub-forum for the good morning thread. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: GOOD MORNING THREAD

Postby Jacquers » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 am

Hello!

I only got my first cup now... had lots of admin today, dealing with body corp stuff for the complex I stay in.... separate story that!

We have a pretty nice coffee machine at work - grinds the beans and everything. I'm planning to buy an Aeropress for myself at home soon.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby BLES » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Jacquers wrote:Hello!

I only got my first cup now... had lots of admin today, dealing with body corp stuff for the complex I stay in.... separate story that!

We have a pretty nice coffee machine at work - grinds the beans and everything. I'm planning to buy an Aeropress for myself at home soon.

I read a lot of good reviews on the Aeropress and I think they go for around R700 if I'm not mistaken? With the tempo I drink coffee the Aeropress might become more expensive to me with the use of the coffee ground. I however have my eye on something a bit bigger.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Jacquers » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:15 pm

The Aeropress is R500 from a local coffee shop, but usually a bit more expensive elsewhere. I drink 2 to 3 cups a day, mostly at work and seldom at night as it keeps me awake and then I stare at the ceiling. Buying it because it will work well for camping as well.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Thug » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Jacquers wrote:Hello!

I bought mine from Yuppie Chef early last year and it stays in my draw at work.

Love it!
Thug

Postby Vintage1973 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:10 pm

In the Western Cape you can pick up an Aeropress for around R400. If you want a damn fine coffee machine, buy yourself a Rancilio Sylvia and a dosing grinder... Excellent!
Vintage1973

Postby Jacquers » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:12 am

Vintage1973 wrote:In the Western Cape you can pick up an Aeropress for around R400. If you want a damn fine coffee machine, buy yourself a Rancilio Sylvia and a dosing grinder... Excellent!

Maybe I need to take a road trip and visit some antique shops along the way ;)
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby BLES » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Good afternoon fellow shavers….look at the time! What a hectic morning at the office. One can easily notice the end of the year is in sight with everything which needs to be tightening in and finalised before year-end.
Week 45 day 306 of the year. Can you believe it that there is only 59 days left of this year?
Who’s going on holiday during December? I used to go early in December each year but this year will be the first time in a very long time that I will only be going on leave over the festive season till late in January. One of the perks with the universities only starting late in February one don’t have to go away over the school holiday period which to me is crazy busy. :oo
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm

BLES wrote:Good afternoon fellow shavers….look at the time! What a hectic morning at the office. One can easily notice the end of the year is in sight with everything which needs to be tightening in and finalised before year-end.
Week 45 day 306 of the year. Can you believe it that there is only 59 days left of this year?
Who’s going on holiday during December? I used to go early in December each year but this year will be the first time in a very long time that I will only be going on leave over the festive season till late in January. One of the perks with the universities only starting late in February one don’t have to go away over the school holiday period which to me is crazy busy. :oo

Definitely heading into the Christmas 'rush' period. Haven't got anything planned for December , most of the Durban locals also take time of f a bit later. It's just way to busy (and hot!) over the December holidays.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Return to The Coffee Grinder