Estate pipe restoration again

Discussions relating to the finest tobacco, your favorite pipe, full-bodied cigars and other accouterments.

Estate pipe restoration again

Postby Stubble » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:43 am

I restored some estate pipes again. I am getting better at this but still have a long way to go before it will be perfect. The trick is removing the pipe stem gunk without the stem and briar having a noticable step after sanding. Ideally one could sand and stain the wood again but I just sand very fine grid and cut my losses. Most of the pipes end up having such a small step one will not notice it.

Thought it would be nice to share some WIP photos. I am now having more pipes than I will ever be able to smoke. Hobby addiction disorder kicked in again. At R600 for a tin of twak in Aus I doubt I will be smoking much there. At least the pipes are a nice display item in my office at home.

One pipe did not make the cut... It needs some superglue and I am not in the mood for superglue. Maybe another time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stubble

Re: Estate pipe restoration again

Postby BLES » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:40 am

Wow! They look amazing. I'm impressed with the outcome of those stems. :clap: :clap: Did you use those sanding pads?
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Thug » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 am

Lovely collection.
Thug

Postby DAVEP » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 am

Very impressive work indeed.
DAVEP

Return to The Tobacconist's Den