TOP 10 MOST WANTED CIGARS IN THE WORLD

Discussions relating to the finest tobacco, your favorite pipe, full-bodied cigars and other accouterments.

TOP 10 MOST WANTED CIGARS IN THE WORLD

Postby BLES » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:11 pm

According to GQ South Africa this is the top 10 most wanted cigars in the world.

10. The Stradivarius Churchill
Stradivarius-Churchill.jpg

What makes this cigar so special is its unique blend of Mexican, Dominican and Nicaraguan tobacco rolled into the habano wrapper leaf. It's top quality stuff.

9. The Cohiba Esplendido
Cohiba-Esplendido.jpg

The Cohiba brand was founded back in the mid 1960’s in Havana, Cuba, yet it is still in production today and as popular as ever. The cigar provides a full robust flavour that many cigar smokers rank in their top three cigars.

8. The Padrón Serie 1926 80 Years
padron serie 1926.jpg

The Padrón Serie 1926 80 Years cigar was made specifically to celebrate the 80th birthday of founder Jose Orlando Padrón. They are available in both natural and maduro wrappers. Nice box for straight razors… ;)

7. Louixs
(no photo)
The Louixs has been touted as the finest cigar produced that money can buy. This cigar manufacturer, Goldwin Metropolitan Company, produced the cigar in a sixty by six inch ring gauge for the Beverly Hills Cigar club. Sold individually, they come in the rosado wrappers and carefully made through a strictly regulated process.

6. The Arturo Fuente Opus X BBMF
The-Arturo-Fuente-Opus-X-BBMF.jpg

Like the name BBMF implies, this truly is one big bad mother of a cigar and are extremely rare to find. It has a very punchy flavour, which is something any true cigar lover will come to appreciate after one hit.

5. The Arturo Fuente Opus X-A
The-Arturo-Fuente-Opus-X-A.jpg

Considered one of the rarest cigars in the world, you can still find these at very select tobacconists around the world.

4. The Fuente Don Arturo AnniverXario
The-Fuente-Don-Arturo-AnniverXario.jpg

The president of Fuente created the Don Arturo AnniverXario as a tribute to his dad back in 2001, but it was not released for sale until 2008. A chest of these cigars will set you back quite a hefty sum.

3. The Cohiba Behike
The-Cohiba-Behike.jpg

The Cohiba Behike is definitely one of those blends that drew a lot of attention when they were first released (mostly because they were so expensive), but today you can get them at much more reasonable prices.

2. The Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve
(No photo)
This cigar has been infused with Louis XII Cognac and will set you back a month's rent on a fairly decent bachelor flat in Cape Town. The manufacturer only produces 100 boxes each year. You don't even want to think about how much a box costs.

1. The Gurkha Black Dragon
Gurkha-Black-Dragon.jpg

Among the most expensive cigars in the world is the Gurkha Black Dragon. Only a handful of chests are created each year and as you can imagine, there is a waiting list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: TOP 10 MOST WANTED CIGARS IN THE WORLD

Postby Riaanb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Damn, want's me to take up some cigar smoking :oo
"Every time I go and shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving. So I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too.'
Mitch Hedberg
Riaanb

Postby Riaanb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 pm

This some interesting and beautiful cigars. I have been think about smoking some cigars, but i don't know if i want to go that road again..
"Every time I go and shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving. So I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too.'
Mitch Hedberg
Riaanb

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:40 am

Riaanb wrote:This some interesting and beautiful cigars. I have been think about smoking some cigars, but i don't know if i want to go that road again..

With the tempo you're buying shaving soap I would stay away if I were you. :lol: :lol:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Riaanb » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:08 am

BLES wrote:
Riaanb wrote:This some interesting and beautiful cigars. I have been think about smoking some cigars, but i don't know if i want to go that road again..

With the tempo you're buying shaving soap I would stay away if I were you. :lol: :lol:

:oo :oo :oo :oo :oo Yip, think your right Bles :oo :oo :oo Less moela for shave gear then :shock:
Mitch Hedberg
Riaanb

Postby BLES » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:26 am

I also had to cut back with all my hobbies and interests. However it doesn't mean one must stop dreaming. Amy Dacyczyn once said - “Don’t assume that spending twice as much will be twice as satisfying.”
BLES

Return to The Tobacconist's Den