"HABANOS" VS "NON-HABANOS"

Discussions relating to the finest tobacco, your favorite pipe, full-bodied cigars and other accouterments.

"HABANOS" VS "NON-HABANOS"

Postby BLES » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 am

Sometime last week RVT did a SOTD post with his new Hoyo do Monterrey cigar box. RVT mentioned that the word “Hecho en Cuba” which means “Made in Cuba” was stamped on the box. There is another word which goes hand in hand with “Hecho en Cuba” on these boxes. “Habano”. This brings me to this topic “Habanos” vs “Non-Habonos”. In simple terms “Habanos” simply means cigars made in Cuba and “Non Habanos” cigars made in any country accept Cuba.

On a typical Cuban cigar box you'll see the words Habanos S.A., Hecho En Cuba, and (if the cigar is handmade, as Cuba's best are) Totalmente a Mano. So what does the word Habanos S.A. stands for?

The Habanos, S.A. Corporation (Habanos S.A.) is a Cuban joint venture with the share capital owned 50%-50% by Cubatabaco, a Cuban Government company and Altadis, a Spanish company owned by Imperial Tobacco Group PLC , a British Tobacco Company. Its corporate purpose is to market all Cuban tobacco products, both in Cuba and throughout the rest of the world, of which the internationally-known Habanos stands out.

So next time you see the word “Habanos” on a cigar box you’ll know it is Cuban cigars. If the word doesn’t appear it is “Non-Habanos”. ;)
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: "HABANOS" VS "NON-HABANOS"

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:48 am

BLES wrote:Sometime last week RVT did a SOTD post with his new Hoyo do Monterrey cigar box. RVT mentioned that the word “Hecho en Cuba” which means “Made in Cuba” was stamped on the box. There is another word which goes hand in hand with “Hecho en Cuba” on these boxes. “Habano”. This brings me to this topic “Habanos” vs “Non-Habonos”. In simple terms “Habanos” simply means cigars made in Cuba and “Non Habanos” cigars made in any country accept Cuba.

On a typical Cuban cigar box you'll see the words Habanos S.A., Hecho En Cuba, and (if the cigar is handmade, as Cuba's best are) Totalmente a Mano. So what does the word Habanos S.A. stands for?

The Habanos, S.A. Corporation (Habanos S.A.) is a Cuban joint venture with the share capital owned 50%-50% by Cubatabaco, a Cuban Government company and Altadis, a Spanish company owned by Imperial Tobacco Group PLC , a British Tobacco Company. Its corporate purpose is to market all Cuban tobacco products, both in Cuba and throughout the rest of the world, of which the internationally-known Habanos stands out.

So next time you see the word “Habanos” on a cigar box you’ll know it is Cuban cigars. If the word doesn’t appear it is “Non-Habanos”. ;)

Thanks for the info BLES!

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

probably cheaper to roll hundred rand notes with shredded fifty rand notes as a filler and smoke that :oo
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm

deepsouth wrote:probably cheaper to roll hundred rand notes with shredded fifty rand notes as a filler and smoke that :oo

I don’t think so Deepsouth. :lol: Say you take R50 for the filler; you use R100 for the binder what will you use for the wrapper? A R200 note? :think: I’m already at R350. No man I can get a decent Cohiba cigar for anything between R160-R200. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Return to The Tobacconist's Den