CIGAR SIZES AND RING GAUGE GUIDE

Discussions relating to the finest tobacco, your favorite pipe, full-bodied cigars and other accouterments.

CIGAR SIZES AND RING GAUGE GUIDE

Postby BLES » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:35 pm

I previously wrote under the topic "Cigar smoking" of the different sizes and ring gauges. The following charts are quite useful in better understanding this topic.
ringgauge sizes and ruler.JPG

how-to-cut-a-cigar-web2.jpg

Cigar_Sizes_Shapes_Colours_High_Res.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: CIGAR SIZES AND RING GAUGE GUIDE

Postby HenkB » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:14 am

Extremely interesting.

How do you smoke that cigar that is twisted like a donkie drol?
HenkB

Postby BLES » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:20 am

Henk, these “donkie drolle” you refer to are called Culebras. :lol: Culebra is the Spanish word for “snake” and a finished Culebra looks like a group of snakes that are coiled together and tied off on each end. Although it won’t be wrong if you leave the cigars bound together and smoke them all at once Culebras should actually be smoked individually and shared among friends. Culebras are made by starting with 3-4 panatela-sized cigars that are purposely under-filled to allow the cigars to be braided without cracking or breaking the wrapper on the cigars. The tobacco must be moistened more than usual so that they remain flexible and are easily braided without ruining the wrappers or the cigars. It is said that the cigar was intended more for novelty than anything else.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:27 am

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Return to The Tobacconist's Den