Pipe cabinet for my pipes and accessories

Discussions relating to the finest tobacco, your favorite pipe, full-bodied cigars and other accouterments.

Pipe cabinet for my pipes and accessories

Postby BLES » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:20 pm

I like to keep my stuff organised therefor you will always find some sort of cabinet or wooded box in my study room where I kept my things in. Here is my pipe cabinet I made earlier this year from a pre-made cabinet for jewellery I bought at a Forum store. I had to make a few alterations to suit my needs but it was really minor and easy to convert. The two side compartments had brackets on the top where one could hang neck chains. I removed them to make space for my tobacco and pipes. For the tobacco compartment it was quite easy because I could only layered it with some blue felt material. I had to cut all the inlays for the pipes from some off cut wood lying around. There is only place for six pipes and is currently filled with 4 pipes. The drawers are quite handy for all the accessories such as matches, tampers, cigar cutters ect. I finished it off by painting the cabinet with some brown craft paint. I recently bought a vintage teak tobacco jar which I want to use for a cabinet I still plan to build on a vintage tobacco cabinet idea I saw. This will however have to wait till the festive season when I go on my annual leave.
100_6165.JPG

100_6164.JPG

100_6167.JPG

100_6169.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: Pipe cabinet for my pipes and accessories

Postby Thug » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Very nice Bles.
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Wow, came out very nice.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby AndreV » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Nice one Bles. I love little projects like this
Shaving like it should be done!!
AndreV

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:16 pm

AndreV wrote:Nice one Bles. I love little projects like this

100 % agree with you Andre... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Vintage1973 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:06 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:

Sort of descriptive of wet shaving vs cartridge...we save money to spend money...
Vintage1973

Postby AndreV » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Hahaha. That picture is so true :lol:
Shaving like it should be done!!
AndreV

Postby BLES » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Because a $5 item doesn't necessarily always have the requirement or things you're looking for? :twisted: :lol:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby BLES » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Thug wrote:Very nice Bles.

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Wow, came out very nice.

Thanks guys :thumbup:
BLES

Postby Stubble » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:48 am

Its been a while since I did some wood working. I finally had a weekend off and my mind and hands itched for something to do with wood. I made a small rustic coffee table out of old origin pine on Saturday and started a new pipe rack thereafter. Last night I glued the last parts to the pipe rack. Tonight I will start painting it with woodock. It should be ready for some photos in 2 days. I have aquired some new pipes over the past month and needed a place to keep them in. I enjoy the new hobby and it should stick but if it does not at least I have a really nice razor stand with loads of space. I will post pics when I am all done.
Stubble

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:31 am

Stubble wrote:Its been a while since I did some wood working. I finally had a weekend off and my mind and hands itched for something to do with wood. I made a small rustic coffee table out of old origin pine on Saturday and started a new pipe rack thereafter. Last night I glued the last parts to the pipe rack. Tonight I will start painting it with woodock. It should be ready for some photos in 2 days. I have aquired some new pipes over the past month and needed a place to keep them in. I enjoy the new hobby and it should stick but if it does not at least I have a really nice razor stand with loads of space. I will post pics when I am all done.

Nice one Stubble! Glad to hear it's going good with the pipes. :thumbup:
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:45 pm

Stubble wrote:Its been a while since I did some wood working. I finally had a weekend off and my mind and hands itched for something to do with wood. I made a small rustic coffee table out of old origin pine on Saturday and started a new pipe rack thereafter. Last night I glued the last parts to the pipe rack. Tonight I will start painting it with woodock. It should be ready for some photos in 2 days. I have aquired some new pipes over the past month and needed a place to keep them in. I enjoy the new hobby and it should stick but if it does not at least I have a really nice razor stand with loads of space. I will post pics when I am all done.

Looking forward to see your pipe rack. Soon I must also make some plan to get a new rack or additional rack for my pipes. Since last month 4 lonely pipes made an appearance in my study... :oo
BLES

Postby Thug » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Can you actually believe that when I was in JJ Cale's on Friday buying a Yankee Candle for someone, I actually asked to look at the pipes and the prices.
:oo
Thug

Postby Stubble » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Thug I was on a business trip Earlier the month and ended up spending some time in Sandton mall. JJ Cale's. I was just wanting to buy the misses a present and look at what tabaco they have in stock. Walked out with a new Peterson pipe a Zippo, 2 tins of tabaco and a candle for the wife. Its so easy to get lost in a toyshop for men... :roll:
Stubble

Postby BLES » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Thug wrote:Can you actually believe that when I was in JJ Cale's on Friday buying a Yankee Candle for someone, I actually asked to look at the pipes and the prices.
:oo

Ok Thug, maybe you should stop hanging out in "the Tobacconist's Den".... :lol: :lol: :lol: We are a bad influence on you. :oo
BLES

Postby BLES » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:33 pm

Stubble wrote:Thug I was on a business trip Earlier the month and ended up spending some time in Sandton mall. JJ Cale's. I was just wanting to buy the misses a present and look at what tabaco they have in stock. Walked out with a new Peterson pipe a Zippo, 2 tins of tabaco and a candle for the wife. Its so easy to get lost in a toyshop for men... :roll:

Sho, those candles are ridiculously expensive... :twisted: What's in the tins? You make me curious here. Tell me, why did you buy the Zippo? Will you use it for lighting you pipes? With all your pipe acquisitions you'll soon have to make yourself a pipe wipe cloth. ;)
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Just got back from one of our suppliers and I found they sell pipes for around 30 rand each. The brand is called Protea. BLES, what are your thoughts? (Works out even cheaper if you buy a dozen pack :D )
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Thug » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:49 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Just got back from one of our suppliers and I found they sell pipes for around 30 rand each. The brand is called Protea. BLES, what are your thoughts? (Works out even cheaper if you buy a dozen pack :D )

They should come in a 7 pack. 1 per day of the week. :lol:
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Thug wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Just got back from one of our suppliers and I found they sell pipes for around 30 rand each. The brand is called Protea. BLES, what are your thoughts? (Works out even cheaper if you buy a dozen pack :D )

They should come in a 7 pack. 1 per day of the week. :lol:

It's a pity they didn't let me take a picture. :lol:

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Stubble » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:03 pm

BLES wrote:
Stubble wrote:Thug I was on a business trip Earlier the month and ended up spending some time in Sandton mall. JJ Cale's. I was just wanting to buy the misses a present and look at what tabaco they have in stock. Walked out with a new Peterson pipe a Zippo, 2 tins of tabaco and a candle for the wife. Its so easy to get lost in a toyshop for men... :roll:

Sho, those candles are ridiculously expensive... :twisted: What's in the tins? You make me curious here. Tell me, why did you buy the Zippo? Will you use it for lighting you pipes? With all your pipe acquisitions you'll soon have to make yourself a pipe wipe cloth. ;)

The candles is crazy expensive I agree. They do smell really nice and last quit long. The Zippo is for lighting of the pipes yes. I got a pipe insert for the plain, brush metal, Zippo. I got gatvol for using matches all the time. The tins is Peterson Irish Whiskey and Old Dublin. The Irish whiskey is a bit strong for my liking but I like the Old Dublin. As to the pipe cloth... On a serious note I see you get spesial Dunhill cloths from Wesley's. Don't know if it is any good for the cheapo pipes of mine.
Stubble

Next

Return to The Tobacconist's Den