CIGAR SMOKING

Discussions relating to the finest tobacco, your favorite pipe, full-bodied cigars and other accouterments.

Re: CIGAR SMOKING

Postby BLES » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:21 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:I think this video agrees with everything that Bles has told us thus far :lol: :twisted:

Spot on....I think? :think: :lol: :lol:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:28 am

BLES wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:I think this video agrees with everything that Bles has told us thus far :twisted:

Spot on....I think? :think:

Welcome back BLES. I was missing your posts here on the forum :D

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:30 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
BLES wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:I think this video agrees with everything that Bles has told us thus far :twisted:

Thank-you RVT. Happy new year to you.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:32 am

BLES wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:
BLES wrote:[quote="RiverValleyTrading"]I think this video agrees with everything that Bles has told us thus far :twisted:

Thank-you RVT. Happy new year to you.[/quote]
Thanks BLES, all the best for 2016. Hope you have many good shaves and cigars. (maybe not at the same time).

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Chrisvo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Welcome back BLES. Thought you might be interested in this R1 auction happening this Wednesday.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/2172518 ... Mould.html
Chrisvo

Postby BLES » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:21 am

Thank-you Chris. This is very thoughtful of you.

Now this is something one doesn’t see every day! It would make a nice conversation piece for my study room/man cave. :D
BLES

Postby ShaveHavenSA » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:10 pm

BLES wrote:Thank-you Chris. This is very thoughtful of you.

Now this is something one doesn’t see every day! It would make a nice conversation piece for my study room/man cave. :D

Ek hoop jy gaan vir die een
ShaveHavenSA

Postby BLES » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:45 am

I did go for this one but apparently I’m not the only one interested in this stuff. :think: It went for a fair price and is in line with similar wood cigar mould prices on eBay. Sometimes when bidding one must know what the item is worth and know when to stand back. I think if I continued bidding we would have ended in the low 600’s up to a 1000. I’m not willing to go that high for something to sit on a shelf. For that price I rather buy some soap, a razor, brush or a nice estate pipe. :D It is rare to see one locally but it is something one can still find on Ebay or when going abroad.
Here is a photo of how these cigar moulds were used by hand-rollers. For interest sake the terminology for hand-rollers is “Torcedores”
Cigar-Main.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:02 am

BLES wrote:I did go for this one but apparently I’m not the only one interested in this stuff. :think: It went for a fair price and is in line with similar wood cigar mould prices on eBay. Sometimes when bidding one must know what the item is worth and know when to stand back. I think if I continued bidding we would have ended in the low 600’s up to a 1000. I’m not willing to go that high for something to sit on a shelf. For that price I rather buy some soap, a razor, brush or a nice estate pipe. :D It is rare to see one locally but it is something one can still find on Ebay or when going abroad.
Here is a photo of how these cigar moulds were used by hand-rollers. For interest sake the terminology for hand-rollers is “Torcedores”
Cigar-Main.jpg

Very cool Bles!
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Managed to pick up these three boxes form my contact at the flea market. The original price tag was on the Cohiba box. - approx 4 grand (for 10) :shock: Another interesting thing, insteadof putting 26 cigars in the bog boxes, they put 12 at the bottom, and 13 on top, with a spacer at the bottom. I wonder why? ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Previous

Return to The Tobacconist's Den