BREAKFAST PIZZA

The place for the palate perfectionist. We talk about the finest wines, the best food, and everything in-between. We're also not above doing a wine or restaurant review either! Find out the best pairings for Wine and cigars, including what to serve with specific meals, cheese pairings, and even which chocolate tastes best with a fine glass of Brandy. Don't forget about those tasty braai tips & tricks!

BREAKFAST PIZZA

Postby BLES » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:12 pm

With tomorrow being a public holiday my wife already invited the in-laws for breakfast. I’ll be doing my famous breakfast pizza which is always a winner for a large crowd and then obviously it will be accompanied by some freshly home-brewed coffee.

Here is my recipe for those who might want to try it out sometime. ;)

1 x bag of pre-made bread dough (I buy mine from SPAR or Pick & Pay for round about R10 a bag.

Take the baking tray of your oven and lightly sprinkle with flower. Now we don’t want our pizza to stick to the tray so this is important. :D

Roll out the dough to about 2-3 cm in thickness and place it on the tray. The entire tray should be covered with the dough.

Make your favourite pizza base sauce and spread it on top of the dough. (I use tomato, onion, tomato puree and some herbs and spices but you can add anything that fancies your taste buds). It wouldn’t hurt if you use a store bought sauce either. 8-)

Take 1 packet of bacon and roll each piece in a cigar shapes and place on top.

Take one packet of pork bangers which you should pre-cooked first in some water and then cut them in pieces to place on top.

Take some cocktail tomatoes, cut them in half and place on top.

Now cover the pizza with a clean kitchen towel and leave it for the dough to raise double in size (about 30 min). This provide some time for your morning shave. :o/ We don’t want to skimp on the shaving. :D

Once you’re satisfied you can press some holes in the dough and fill it with eggs.

Ground some salt and black pepper over and layer with different cheeses of your choice. Place in a pre-heated oven at 200C and bake for 20-30 min until the eggs whites are cooked
Grab some plates and some fresh brewed coffee and Bobs your uncle. :drool:

Please try it at your own risk as I’m a bit crappy in writing down recipes. :oo
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: BREAKFAST PIZZA

Postby Jacquers » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:21 pm

I've had other breakfast pizzas before and this one sounds very tasty as well :thumbup:
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:29 pm

BLES wrote:With tomorrow being a public holiday my wife already invited the in-laws for breakfast. I’ll be doing my famous breakfast pizza which is always a winner for a large crowd and then obviously it will be accompanied by some freshly home-brewed coffee.

1 x bag of pre-made bread dough (I buy mine from SPAR or Pick & Pay for round about R10 a bag.

Take the baking tray of your oven and lightly sprinkle with flower. Now we don’t want our pizza to stick to the tray so this is important. :D

Roll out the dough to about 2-3 cm in thickness and place it on the tray. The entire tray should be covered with the dough.

Make your favourite pizza base sauce and spread it on top of the dough. (I use tomato, onion, tomato puree and some herbs and spices but you can add anything that fancies your taste buds). It wouldn’t hurt if you use a store bought sauce either. 8-)

Take one packet of pork bangers which you should pre-cooked first in some water and then cut them in pieces to place on top.

Now cover the pizza with a clean kitchen towel and leave it for the dough to raise double in size (about 30 min). This provide some time for your morning shave. :o/ We don’t want to skimp on the shaving. :D

Once you’re satisfied you can press some holes in the dough and fill it with eggs.

Ground some salt and black pepper over and layer with different cheeses of your choice. Place in a pre-heated oven at 200C and bake for 20-30 min until the eggs whites are cooked

This sounds cool BLES. Do the egg yolks stay runny? :drool:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:58 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
BLES wrote:With tomorrow being a public holiday my wife already invited the in-laws for breakfast. I’ll be doing my famous breakfast pizza which is always a winner for a large crowd and then obviously it will be accompanied by some freshly home-brewed coffee.

This sounds cool BLES. Do the egg yolks stay runny? :drool:

Yes the yolk stays runny...But you don't have to. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Jacquers » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Scrambled can be nice as well. Or anything else that you want to put on, that's the beauty of pizza :)
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Jacquers » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Just thinking, shouldn't a Bles pizza have nothing on top? :D
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby deepsouth » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:44 pm

I don't have in-laws (constant denial) if my wife's overseers would decide to visit, my breakfast would be hard and fast tequila shots at least 50 or enough to induce a coma :lol:

But that does sound good Bles ! It's a las, but check out Tim Noakes/Suzette DIY Cauliflower pizza base - delicious, but hard work...
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Thug » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:07 pm

Jacquers wrote:Just thinking, shouldn't a Bles pizza have nothing on top? :D

:lol: :lol:

Lekker recipe Bles.
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Here's another nice one for a breakfast burger (egg in the middle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8PL_ExuyI

We tried this one and it's great!

:drool:

My brother does the cooking when it involves more than the microwave oven :oo
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:29 am

The egg yolks did look bald enough to me I think.... :D
BLES

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:39 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Here's another nice one for a breakfast burger (egg in the middle)

It sounds good RVT. :thumbup: I once did a breakfast burger but the bun was replaced by "mielie pap". Pap on the bottom, patty on top finished off with some tomato and onion relish and an egg with the yolk still running. I don't use store bought patties, I make my own. Next time I'll try this idea of the egg in the middle when making patties. :D :clap:
BLES

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:41 am

Thug wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Lekker recipe Bles.

Thanks Thug. I promise you it even tastes "lekkerder" as what sounds like... :D
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 am

BLES wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Here's another nice one for a breakfast burger (egg in the middle)

It sounds good RVT. :thumbup: I once did a breakfast burger but the bun was replaced by "mielie pap". Pap on the bottom, patty on top finished off with some tomato and onion relish and an egg with the yolk still running. I don't use store bought patties, I make my own. Next time I'll try this idea of the egg in the middle when making patties. :D :clap:

Cool! :drool:
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby dini » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 am

This thread needs some pics . Not googled ones . :mrgreen:
dini

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:49 am

dini wrote:This thread needs some pics . Not googled ones . :mrgreen:

I think you're right. Next time I'll post some pics as well. :oo
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:50 am

Um.. this was sent to me by a friend. I swear this is not my breakfast... although it looks good... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Um.. this was sent to me by a friend. I swear this is not my breakfast... although it looks good... :lol:

Reminds me of French toast, bacon and syrup. :drool:
BLES

Postby ShaveHavenSA » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:20 pm

Mmmmhhh Pizza... my staple and finish it off with good ice cream.
ShaveHavenSA

Return to Food, Wine & Spirits