Lunch

The place for the palate perfectionist. We talk about the finest wines, the best food, and everything in-between. We're also not above doing a wine or restaurant review either! Find out the best pairings for Wine and cigars, including what to serve with specific meals, cheese pairings, and even which chocolate tastes best with a fine glass of Brandy. Don't forget about those tasty braai tips & tricks!

Lunch

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:36 am

For those us that have to work, the lunch break is an important part of the day :) Do you carry your own lunch, buy lunch, (or maybe skip over lunch)?

When I was young I didn't care much - I would often skip over lunch, or just buy some fried chips.

In the days before microwave ovens, you couldn't get fancy if you carried your own lunch. Sandwiches were just about the only thing you could bring in to work.

Nowadays I actually prefer a hot meal for lunch. Warms you up for the rest of the day.

Your thoughts?
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Re: Lunch

Postby Jacquers » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 am

Most days I make something simple meat + pasta dish in the morning that I take with me to work and then warm up for lunch. Some day's I'll have some Futurelife cereal. A bachelor will basically eat anything anytime :)

Our company used to sponsor us for Friday take-aways, e.g. pizza, burgers, etc. That has changed to a brunch take-away. Today we had some very lekker breakfast croisants with bacon, eggs, tomato and mushrooms.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Thug » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Lunch for me is pretty straightforward but I do have some options.

- If my daughter doesn't grab all the left-overs from the previous night, I might be lucky and just be able to warm something up in the microwave at work.

- Most days I'll walk over the road to Checkers in Sandton City and grab a couple of fresh rolls, a packet of chips and a yoghurt. Occasionally, I'll grab some Samoosas from one of the shops in the Food Court.

- Friday's though are generally either a lekker sarmie from Woolies or again occasionally some Sushi.
Support Movember by clicking on this link: https://mobro.co/tonyhuglin?mc=1
Thug

Postby HenkB » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:16 pm

I must admit, if there are left overs, I grab it. But normally there arent.

During the day I am so busy, I do not do lunch (late lunch at 4PM when I get home. Coffee keeps me going during this time.
HenkB

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:23 pm

HenkB wrote:I must admit, if there are left overs, I grab it. But normally there arent.

During the day I am so busy, I do not do lunch (late lunch at 4PM when I get home. Coffee keeps me going during this time.

Fridays we normally go (a bit) big for lunch. Wimpy had an offer for Steak, egg, and chips for 60 bucks. Quite a good meal. :thumbup:

Something about a hot meal that seems to give more energy than sandwiches.

@Thug: I tried Sushi a few times. Very clean and clinical. Not greasy or over filling. However, I must say that it seems (to me) to have a very neutral flavour. When you dip it into the sauce, all you taste is the sauce. Do you find the same?
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:52 am

I pack my own food for work.

Like today it was muesli, papaya and plain yogurt for breakfast, fruit for in-between and a tuna and boiled egg salad for lunch.

A few years back when I still bought lunch I weigh in at 110kg. By starting to pack my own lunch and stuff my weight vary between 87 and 90kg. With that said, winter had its toll on me, I now weight 95kg :OOO . I think for the next month or so my food parcel will look quite similar than today’s.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:14 pm

BLES wrote:I pack my own food for work.

Like today it was muesli, papaya and plain yogurt for breakfast, fruit for in-between and a tuna and boiled egg salad for lunch.

A few years back when I still bought lunch I weigh in at 110kg. By starting to pack my own lunch and stuff my weight vary between 87 and 90kg. With that said, winter had its toll on me, I now weight 95kg :OOO . I think for the next month or so my food parcel will look quite similar than today’s.

Quite a healthy option there BLES. I also like Tuna. I'm also going to watch my diet... that's why when the lady asked me if I wanted salad with my burger and chips and I kindly refused. :lol:
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Vintage1973 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:32 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:

Quite a healthy option there BLES. I also like Tuna. I'm also going to watch my diet... that's why when the lady asked me if I wanted salad with my burger and chips and I kindly refused. :lol:

I think we should start a comedian section for RVT on the forum, aside from the fact that I can sympathize with his not wanting salad...
Vintage1973

Postby ShaveHavenSA » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:18 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:

HAHA yes what's the deal with this rabbit food anyway. :lol:
ShaveHavenSA

Postby Clean_Blade » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:04 am

I married well. I get a balanced packed lunch most days.
Clean_Blade

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 am

Clean_Blade wrote:I married well. I get a balanced packed lunch most days.

That's cool. I find a hot cooked meal really warms you up though.
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Return to Food, Wine & Spirits