Beer: Hoegaarden

The place for the palate perfectionist. We talk about the finest wines, the best food, and everything in-between. We're also not above doing a wine or restaurant review either! Find out the best pairings for Wine and cigars, including what to serve with specific meals, cheese pairings, and even which chocolate tastes best with a fine glass of Brandy. Don't forget about those tasty braai tips & tricks!

Beer: Hoegaarden

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:25 pm

I originally came across this beer during my 2 Year stint in the UK, I remember the day like it was yesterday... Finished up with a long hard shift at the hotel I worked at and decided on popping into a less frequented pub on the way home.

I saw they had Hoegaarden White on tap, so I requested one of these as it looked rather interesting. Boy was I surprised, it was served in a Goliath sized mug, just the repeated lifting of a full pint caused my bicep to enlarge over the next few months of enjoying copious quantities of this refreshing pint :lol:

Hoegaarden1.JPG

Fast forward a few years later, and I spot this in a bottle store yesterday and decide to part with R26 odd bucks for a single bottle, leave it in the freezer just until it's cold enough, whip out my Goliath glass (The barmen said I can have it after much persuasion), pop in a slice of lime and sit back and enjoy it's pleasant refresh on a hot Sunday afternoon.

I think I need to invest in a keg of this :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Re: Beer: Hoegaarden

Postby BLES » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:48 pm

admin wrote:I originally came across this beer during my 2 Year stint in the UK, I remember the day like it was yesterday... Finished up with a long hard shift at the hotel I worked at and decided on popping into a less frequented pub on the way home.

I saw they had Hoegaarden White on tap, so I requested one of these as it looked rather interesting. Boy was I surprised, it was served in a Goliath sized mug, just the repeated lifting of a full pint caused my bicep to enlarge over the next few months of enjoying copious quantities of this refreshing pint :lol:

Hoegaarden1.JPG

Fast forward a few years later, and I spot this in a bottle store yesterday and decide to part with R26 odd bucks for a single bottle, leave it in the freezer just until it's cold enough, whip out my Goliath glass (The barmen said I can have it after much persuasion), pop in a slice of lime and sit back and enjoy it's pleasant refresh on a hot Sunday afternoon.

I think I need to invest in a keg of this :shock:

Looks like a great beer. What colour is the glass of the bottle or is it transparent?
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby admin » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Definitely not transparent, almost a very light chocolate colour;

Hoegaarden Bottle.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admin
Site Admin

Postby BLES » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:20 pm

admin wrote:Definitely not transparent, almost a very light chocolate colour;

Hoegaarden Bottle.JPG

Thanks. I thought it would be similar too Millers. I'll definitely have a look out for it. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby admin » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Oh no, Millers has nothing on this one :D
admin
Site Admin

Return to Food, Wine & Spirits