$teak!

The place for the palate perfectionist. We talk about the finest wines, the best food, and everything in-between. We're also not above doing a wine or restaurant review either! Find out the best pairings for Wine and cigars, including what to serve with specific meals, cheese pairings, and even which chocolate tastes best with a fine glass of Brandy. Don't forget about those tasty braai tips & tricks!

$teak!

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:21 pm

I see Checkers selling this locally produced Wagyu Steak. Anyone tried it? Is it worth the high asking price?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Re: $teak!

Postby lladets » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am

Funny you should mention it!! We had a braai yesterday at my sons Weekend getaway on a game farm in the Hammanskraal district and had this on the coals. It is extremely tasty but I wouldn't pay that that much for steak. Woolies has fantastic Rib eye steaks at a much more competitive price and it compares favorably with the Japanese product. :old
lladets

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks for the information lladets. I agree with you interms of value. Also, I believe there is a very strict certification process for Japanese Kobe style beef. Not sure if the local prodcut is 100% compliant, but I suppose for a once off special occasion it would be worth a go.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:04 am

Great steaks those. ;) I source mine from a small deli butcher shop around the corner from where I stay. They also sell the Wagyu burger patties which are simply divine. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Return to Food, Wine & Spirits