Shave stand designs

Reviews and Opinions on bowls, scuttles and other shaving accessories.

Re: Shave stand designs

Postby c4Chucky » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:37 pm

ShavingB wrote:I have been meaning to take a picture of my daily brush stand. I got this one from fruugo about 9 months ago when I brought something else in. It permanently sits next to the basin and I just use it to dry the brush I’ve just used. It was a cheap stand, it looks nice and it fits basically all my brushes. I think it came from Italian barber through fruugo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it.
Nice and neat. Takes up very little space
Shave Awesome!

www.razorrebel.co.za
c4Chucky

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:12 pm

The onyl tricky bit I find is finding one that will handle larger knots.

Another good option is a pole spirng-clip. You line teh inside with felt or the soft side of a velcro strip .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby ShavingB » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:The onyl tricky bit I find is finding one that will handle larger knots.

Another good option is a pole spirng-clip. You line teh inside with felt or the soft side of a velcro strip .

My plastic stand holds up to my PantaRei which is just about a 30mm knot and then my Semogue 1800 is about the smallest I can go on it which falls through if I push on it but all other brushes fit perfectly.

That clip is a good idea! Could it scratch the handles?

ShavingB

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm

ShavingB wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:The onyl tricky bit I find is finding one that will handle larger knots.

My plastic stand holds up to my PantaRei which is just about a 30mm knot and then my Semogue 1800 is about the smallest I can go on it which falls through if I push on it but all other brushes fit perfectly.

That clip is a good idea! Could it scratch the handles?

If you use a spring clip then you will have to line the inside with a strip of felt of the soft side of a velcro strip.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Seriously looking for Shave stand designs

Postby suleimanshaik » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi Guys

i've been 'away from the forum" for a while. Got married in the mean time and moved house. Now, I am setting up my own "new" bathroom. Luckily, it is mine and not ours. I have promised to keep it neat, tidy, and everything packed in its place...
Now yo understand my need for a good quality razor stand. I have 4 razors and, the collection might grow a bit more. I have 6 brushes and that will certainly grow a bit more. But, I only need a decent, wooden stand for the most frequent used items....

What has happened since Dec 2017, when the last Razor stand topic and discussion came up?
Has anyone hop onto their Hobby benches and made some?
Has any Forum Vendor perhaps found a local wood turner who is eager to fashion some for the DE Wetshavers?

I am not a handyman. The best I can do and strategise and perhaps talk a lot. However, I am fan and supporter of local business and as such am willing to buy local items.

I am open to suggestions and guidance. I might even be open to trying my hand at making a stand, as long as I don't lose finger nor my new bathroom, LoL.

Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks
SS
suleimanshaik

Previous

Return to Shaving Accessories