Shave stand designs

Reviews and Opinions on bowls, scuttles and other shaving accessories.

Re: Shave stand designs

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:11 am

Thug wrote:Here's mine.

IMG_0502.JPG

Also see space for one more brush... ;)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby admin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:13 am

Vintage1973 wrote:Previous pic too small...

Very nice setup Vintage1973, the Silver Soap Dish looks good :D :thumbup:
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vintage1973 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 am

admin wrote:

Thanks, guys

Yeah, it does and by the way, thanks for the soap sample and blade sampler pack!

The feather works well with the Muhle...they are just getting prohibitively expensive, especially considering
the price of Polsilvers that is very importable.

Cheers.
Vintage1973

Postby admin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:21 am

Vintage1973 wrote:
admin wrote:

Thanks, guys

Yeah, it does and by the way, thanks for the soap sample and blade sampler pack!

The feather works well with the Muhle...they are just getting prohibitively expensive, especially considering
the price of Polsilvers that is very importable.

Cheers.

Only a pleasure Sir, hope you enjoy your items and let us know your thoughts on the sample cream :thumbup:
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby Thug » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
Thug wrote:Here's mine.

IMG_0502.JPG

Also see space for one more brush... ;)

That was actually filled by the Muhle HJM but I gave that to my son, so yes, an empty space beckons......
Thug

Postby O_P » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:34 am

Very nice setup Vintage 1973 thanks for sharing.
O_P

Postby Jacquers » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:10 am

Very nice :thumbup:

I see you have the lid for the old spice mug which is cool, not many still have the lids

Don't know if you have posted them before, but what are the razors you have? ps, congrats on your 'old' new one ;)
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Vintage1973 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:40 am

Jacquers wrote:

Very nice :thumbup:

I see you have the lid for the old spice mug which is cool, not many still have the lids

Don't know if you have posted them before, but what are the razors you have? ps, congrats on your 'old' new one ;)

Hi, Jacquers

The Old Spice was my granddad's and yes, you are right, the lids seem to be very scarce. This soap is really great as well, as was any other Old Spice
product, before Proctor & Gamble's reign!

Razors, left to right: Merkur 38C, Muhle R89, Merkur 1904, Fatip Grande in Nickel and a Merkur 37C HD Slant. Thanks for the interest, but I am sure
that you have quite a few more... I do have four SE's, of which I have posted pics on other threads.

Ja, it was somewhat painful to bid against my fellow wet shavers - let's see how it looks in the flesh...will post pics soonest, as well as a write up on the
shave. Have you got any experience with the Gillette open comb razors? Mild, or wild?

Regards,

Vintage
Vintage1973

Postby AndreV » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 am

Nice simple design Thug, i'm also a fan of re-using things for practical solutions.

Vintage1973, that is a decent cabinet you built, I remember building all sorts of wooden things with my Dad from a TV cabinet to a snake cage with sliding glass doors. But now living in a complex (no garage) I don't have space for a multi day project, unless i use the dining room table :think: but don't think the SO would like that.

I'll take a picture tonight (if i remember) but i had put up a floating shelf in my bathroom that holds all my shaving stuff. My razors and brushes just hanging around though in shaving cups/bowls
Shaving like it should be done!!
AndreV

Postby Jacquers » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:05 am

Nice collection and variety you have there Vintage :)

Chrisvo is actually more qualified to give an answer, but I'll try. It can be quite subjective.

The Gillette open combs I have are the British Popular #47, which is the same as the #15 Aristocrat, just a slimmer handle. One side is mild and the other is a bit aggressive due to a slight door alignment issue. I think they are usually not that wild. I have some open comb Techs which are mild, but efficient and shave like the normal Techs. The Old Type's design is different to those though. The Merkur 1904 is a copy of it, but from what I've read much milder. Haven't used an Old Type before and the reviews are a bit conflicting. Some say it can be a bit aggressive, others really like it. Probably depends on what type of razor you like. The blades back then were a tiny bit thicker than modern blades, so some people shim them to make up for that. Will look out for your review.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Chrisvo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:51 pm

My cheapy Display Cabinet.

Closed
Open
Bathroom Set-up
Chrisvo

Postby BLES » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Chrisvo wrote:My cheapy Display Cabinet.

Closed
Open
Bathroom Set-up

Nice setup you have Chris. :clap: Is it only display pieces in the cabinet or do you occasionally shave with them as well?
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Chrisvo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 pm

I've used most of the items in the display case except the gold Slim Twist, Slim Adjustable Aristocrat and the 1938 Aristocrat. All work but are in such great condition that I just leave them be. I already have user grades for the Slim Twist, Slim Adjustable and another great looking 1938 Aristocrat so I ain't really missing out at all when it comes to shaves.
Chrisvo

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Wow! Great display there Chris! :thumbup:
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby AndreV » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 am

AndreV wrote:Nice simple design Thug, i'm also a fan of re-using things for practical solutions.

Vintage1973, that is a decent cabinet you built, I remember building all sorts of wooden things with my Dad from a TV cabinet to a snake cage with sliding glass doors. But now living in a complex (no garage) I don't have space for a multi day project, unless i use the dining room table :think: but don't think the SO would like that.

I'll take a picture tonight (if i remember) but i had put up a floating shelf in my bathroom that holds all my shaving stuff. My razors and brushes just hanging around though in shaving cups/bowls

As promised, here's what i did. it keeps everything out of the way and in a easy reachable place (please ignore the goo :oops: , my GF uses it from time to time but not me :twisted: )

DSC_0564.JPG

Then i made this little hook to dry my brushes on after shaves

DSC_0566.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndreV

Postby ShaveHavenSA » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 am

AndreV wrote:
AndreV wrote:Nice simple design Thug, i'm also a fan of re-using things for practical solutions.

As promised, here's what i did. it keeps everything out of the way and in a easy reachable place (please ignore the goo :oops: , my GF uses it from time to time but not me :twisted: )

DSC_0564.JPG

DSC_0566.JPG

At least you hid the goo behind the lavender :lol:
I saw a video once of a barber in the US that uses a auto soap dispenser thingy machine. This dispenses a foam like soap that they use for there shaves so I suppose the foam is not all bad. I had a shave before from a barber the used a foam out the tin on me but at least he started with Prep as a base.
Cool man shelve
ShaveHavenSA

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:03 am

AndreV wrote:

DSC_0564.JPG

DSC_0566.JPG

Nice setup there AndreV :thumbup:
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby AndreV » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 am

ShaveHavenSA wrote:
AndreV wrote:

DSC_0564.JPG

DSC_0566.JPG

At least you hid the goo behind the lavender :lol:
I saw a video once of a barber in the US that uses a auto soap dispenser thingy machine. This dispenses a foam like soap that they use for there shaves so I suppose the foam is not all bad. I had a shave before from a barber the used a foam out the tin on me but at least he started with Prep as a base.
Cool man shelve

Thanks ShaveHaven.
My first ever lather i made with a brush was that exact gel, bowl lathered with some water. Wasn't that bad actually although the shave itself was a bit of a mess (read cuts galore) due to no idea what i was doing with the DE and a cheap lion blade. but with all the soaps en creams and scents etc i have never had the urge to try it again :lol:
AndreV

Postby AndreV » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Nice setup there AndreV :thumbup:

Thanks RVT
AndreV

Postby Stubble » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:05 pm

This is my stand were the hardware is stored.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stubble

PreviousNext

Return to Shaving Accessories