SPECIALS

Ending off a fine shave.

Re: SPECIALS

Postby Jacquers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:51 am

deepsouth wrote:That stuff is great, brought to you by the same guys that make the perfect shaving soap, which in my view is a fantastic mass produced product that every RSA wetshaver should have a grated-up-placed-into-a-new container-tub of in his rotation. Cheap as chips too

Agreed on the Perfect Shave Soap, it's underrated. The problem is that it's quite hard and the tub is too narrow, but like you said once you transplant it to a bigger container so you can load more and it makes quite a nice lather. Really like the scent as well.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Mikaar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm not sure if this is only for new or existing accounts. But it's a good discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar

Postby Thug » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Says first purchase, which unfortunately rules me out.
Thug

Postby Gaza365 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Mikaar wrote:Image

I'm not sure if this is only for new or existing accounts. But it's a good discount

There was an FNB Voucher like this doing the rounds a while ago too, a work colluege registered a new account with his work email address to place an order and get the discount :lol: and it worked for him...
Gaza365

Postby DAVEP » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 am

I have never had that kind of good fortune from Take a Lot. I asked on another thread if anyone had heard of the Lipidol After Shave Oil that Clicks sell apparently it is made by the same manufacturers of Bio Oil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:54 am

Never heard of lipidol - if bioclassic makes it then it should be good. Are you picking up some? Review?
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Jacquers » Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Bought some Perfect Shave Soap at Dischem on a 2 for 1 special. Not sure if it's at all the Dischems. Hope this doesn't mean it's being discontinued.

On a side note, I can't find the Deodorant Crystal that Dischem usually has. Hope it's just out of stock and not discontinued. If anyone sees this at their Dischem please let me know. It's purple and sometimes kept by the ladies deodorants for some reason. It's basically the same as an alum stone, although their version is the cheaper chemical composition of ammonia alum or something like that. It works well enough for a sitting down most of the day office job.

*edit: I submitted a query on their website and they phoned me back :shock: :thumbup: They were out of stock for a long time, but should have stock again soon.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby DAVEP » Thu May 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Jacquers wrote:Bought some Perfect Shave Soap at Dischem on a 2 for 1 special. Not sure if it's at all the Dischems. Hope this doesn't mean it's being discontinued.

On a side note, I can't find the Deodorant Crystal that Dischem usually has. Hope it's just out of stock and not discontinued. If anyone sees this at their Dischem please let me know. It's purple and sometimes kept by the ladies deodorants for some reason. It's basically the same as an alum stone, although their version is the cheaper chemical composition of ammonia alum or something like that. It works well enough for a sitting down most of the day office job.

*edit: I submitted a query on their website and they phoned me back :shock: :thumbup: They were out of stock for a long time, but should have stock again soon.

I have seen this before and have always been reluctant to try it how does it actually work and is there any irritation under you arms?
DAVEP

Postby DAVEP » Thu May 04, 2017 4:17 pm

deepsouth wrote:Never heard of lipidol - if bioclassic makes it then it should be good. Are you picking up some? Review?

Hi DS yes I managed to get some of this and it is really great goes on smooth and does not leave an oily residue and is really good as a post shave balm my face has not felt this good in a while.
DAVEP

Postby Jacquers » Thu May 04, 2017 4:54 pm

@Dave: It works well for me, but like I said I'm not super active during the day at the office. The stink actually comes from bacteria and the mineral salts inhibits their growth. I did trim my underarm hair to get more of the deodorant onto my skin. It doesn't give me any sting or irritation. I have a normal spray deodorant with me at the office as a backup or if I do want to smell nice.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby deepsouth » Fri May 05, 2017 1:58 pm

I'll try to get some lipidol too, as long as it's not oily (can't stand that oily face feel).

On deo - I use mitchum roll on scentless at night before bed (when you're supposed to) and never have issues around sweaty pits :-)
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Sat May 06, 2017 7:38 am

@Jaquers. You can also try Garnier Men Mineral Anti perspirant Invisible roll on as a substitute.
No problem with odour if you’re active or not and the anti-yellow stain and white mark prevention to shirts is an added bonus. They sell for most of the time under R20 a bottle and it will keep you with fresh armpits for at least 3 weeks. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby BLES » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 am

deepsouth wrote:I'll try to get some lipidol too, as long as it's not oily (can't stand that oily face feel).

On deo - I use mitchum roll on scentless at night before bed (when you're supposed to) and never have issues around sweaty pits :-)

I've used the Mitchum before changing to Garnier. The Mitchum dried out my armpits casing an itching feeling. The longevity of the scent was however superb. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Jacquers » Sat May 06, 2017 10:34 am

BLES wrote:@Jaquers. You can also try Garnier Men Mineral Anti perspirant Invisible roll on as a substitute.
No problem with odour if you’re active or not and the anti-yellow stain and white mark prevention to shirts is an added bonus. They sell for most of the time under R20 a bottle and it will keep you with fresh armpits for at least 3 weeks. :D

Thanks, I actually have some of that and use it from time to time when I know that I'll be sweating a bit more. Works pretty well :thumbup:

btw, that crystal deo lasts 6+ months, so it's a winner in terms of cost effectiveness, but might not be effective enough if you are more active in the day.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby Gaza365 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:05 am

Not particularly a special per say, but I see Takealot are stocking the L'Occitane Range now, so I took a look through and pulled out what seemed to be the "Important" links.

I have seen some of these used in a few videos, but haven't tried any myself, so can't comment on if they are any good or not :?

L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm - 75ml
L'Occitane L'Homme Col Ced After Shave - 75ml
L'Occitane L'Occitan After Shave Balm - 75ml
L'Occitane Cedrat After Shave - 75ml
L'Occitane Baux After Shave Balm - 75ml
L'Occitane Cade Rich Shaving Cream - 200ml
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap - 100g
L'Occitane Organic Pure Shea Butter - 150ml
Gaza365

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Gaza365 wrote:Not particularly a special per say, but I see Takealot are stocking the L'Occitane Range now, so I took a look through and pulled out what seemed to be the "Important" links.

I have seen some of these used in a few videos, but haven't tried any myself, so can't comment on if they are any good or not :?

L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm - 75ml
L'Occitane L'Homme Col Ced After Shave - 75ml
L'Occitane L'Occitan After Shave Balm - 75ml
L'Occitane Cedrat After Shave - 75ml
L'Occitane Baux After Shave Balm - 75ml
L'Occitane Cade Rich Shaving Cream - 200ml
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap - 100g
L'Occitane Organic Pure Shea Butter - 150ml

The shap soap and cream work well. The aftershave scents don't last too long, but they have excellent skin care properties.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:26 pm

there goes my ebucks....
deepsouth

Postby jegreen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 pm

I was randomly yesterday in a L'Occitane shop and that Cade rich shaving cream looked really great. They also do a cream in a tube for about R30 less that is not on Takealot. Prices look exactly the same as the shop.
jegreen

Postby Gaza365 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:01 am

For anyone who Missed the Arko Cream When RVT Had stock, and doesn't mind splashing out an extra 20 bucks, here is a not so special price... but at least it still a Special Product :lol:

Arko Classic Aftershave Cream

Arko NEM Face Cream
Gaza365

Postby Mikaar » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:14 am

Check this out on takealot.com, http://www.takealot.com/gillette-mach-3 ... ID41123427

"The best a man can get"

Mikaar

PreviousNext

Return to Aftershaves