SPECIALS

Ending off a fine shave.

SPECIALS

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Since I started traditional shaving I picked up a new habit. Whenever I'm sent to run an errant for my wife at the shop I first have to pass the isle with the shaving gear looking for specials and who knows what one will find.

Lunchtime was no different when I had to run an errant at the Shoprite. Funny thing, Old Spice Hawkridge sells for R109 but Old Spice Wolfthorn sells for R50... :think: I thought it was a mistake but as a good citizen I placed one in my basket. Wragtig! R50! I also see they stocked some SuperMax Lemon-Lime shaving cream for R19. Brought back some good memories as it was my first shaving cream I bought and then it cost me R20 almost a year back. :D
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: SPECIALS

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:01 pm

BLES wrote:Since I started traditional shaving I picked up a new habit. Whenever I'm sent to run an errant for my wife at the shop I first have to pass the isle with the shaving gear looking for specials and who knows what one will find.

Lunchtime was no different when I had to run an errant at the Shoprite. Funny thing, Old Spice Hawkridge sells for R109 but Old Spice Wolfthorn sells for R50... :think: I thought it was a mistake but as a good citizen I placed one in my basket. Wragtig! R50! I also see they stocked some SuperMax Lemon-Lime shaving cream for R19. Brought back some good memories as it was my first shaving cream I bought and then it cost me R20 almost a year back. :D

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up BLES!
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:03 pm

You're most welcome.

Sent from my VIVO using Tapatalk
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:29 pm

BLES wrote:You're most welcome.

Still no sign of Supermax cream here on the Eastern front.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm

R50 - my hawkridge is just splashed it's last splash the other day (used it way before wetshaving) i'll try the wolf one. I bought a tube of supermax menthol and it's difficult to have an opinion as I found I'm more of a soap guy, even before safety razor-ing I used williams sticks...I was a bit dry on the face using it - but it's not fair to compare it to any of the soaps I currently have either...
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:26 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
BLES wrote:You're most welcome.

Still no sign of Supermax cream here on the Eastern front.

They don't stock up many of it at a time. They only had 3 of them when I was there yesterday.
BLES

Postby BLES » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:45 am

deepsouth wrote:R50 - my hawkridge is just splashed it's last splash the other day (used it way before wetshaving) i'll try the wolf one. I bought a tube of supermax menthol and it's difficult to have an opinion as I found I'm more of a soap guy, even before safety razor-ing I used williams sticks...I was a bit dry on the face using it - but it's not fair to compare it to any of the soaps I currently have either...

I also have the hawkridge but after buying the wolfthorn yesterday I actually like its scent a bit more than the hawkridge. Williams sticks are unique in their own way and although a bit dry I find it helps to regularly dip my brush in some water and work it over the lather on my face otherwise I'll nick myself due to the dryness.
BLES

Postby deepsouth » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 am

I was also sent to the shops yesterday, and went to check on the Wolfthorn - R109 here in the Cape....Eish no special for me
deepsouth

Postby BLES » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:07 am

deepsouth wrote:I was also sent to the shops yesterday, and went to check on the Wolfthorn - R109 here in the Cape....Eish no special for me

Then for R50 I should maybe stock up a few bottles... :think: I also saw an local barbershop selling an aftershave which looks similar to Pinnaud Lime but it is an Pakistani brand. I wonder how far off it is from the real deal... :think: It also sells for R50 a bottle. I'm a bit sceptic to try it :OOO
BLES

Postby Riaanb » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:31 am

BLES wrote:
deepsouth wrote:I was also sent to the shops yesterday, and went to check on the Wolfthorn - R109 here in the Cape....Eish no special for me

Then for R50 I should maybe stock up a few bottles... :think: I also saw an local barbershop selling an aftershave which looks similar to Pinnaud Lime but it is an Pakistani brand. I wonder how far off it is from the real deal... :think: It also sells for R50 a bottle. I'm a bit sceptic to try it :OOO

Ask him to splash some on you face, sure they will do it to get a sale :D
"Every time I go and shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving. So I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too.'
Mitch Hedberg
Riaanb

Postby admin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Clicks has a special on Tabac and a bag if anyone is interested;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby DAVEP » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks ADMIN I will definitely go to Clicks on the weekend to check it out.
DAVEP

Postby Gaza365 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm

The Longstar containers are also back on the Buy 2 get 1 free special at clicks (Available through their online store too)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gaza365

Postby Thug » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:49 pm

admin wrote:Clicks has a special on Tabac and a bag if anyone is interested;

Buy some Tabac and get a Ladies handbag? :oo
Support Movember by clicking on this link: https://mobro.co/tonyhuglin?mc=1
Thug

Postby deepsouth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:51 pm

It does look a bit, you know, sure would beat my moulded over leather toiletries bag.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
deepsouth

Postby admin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 am

Wild Ferns grooming kit - Lanolin for Men
Exceptional properties of lanolin and cooling aloe vera ensure a smooth skin

http://www.takealot.com/wild-ferns-grooming-kit-lanolin-for-men/PLID32851214
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby DAVEP » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am

admin wrote:Wild Ferns grooming kit - Lanolin for Men
Exceptional properties of lanolin and cooling aloe vera ensure a smooth skin

http://www.takealot.com/wild-ferns-grooming-kit-lanolin-for-men/PLID32851214

Thanks Admin that looks really worth it.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 am

I've got the balm - works well - in my sotd from last night. Clean scent, from Noo Zillund to fill yer boots
deepsouth

Postby Mikaar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 am

I saw takealot had this tea tree antiseptic cream on sale this morning. I sometimes use it as an aftershave balm and it's also good for small cuts and insect bites. Dischem also has it, but they don't always have stock.

Check this out on takealot.com, http://www.takealot.com/treet-it-tea-tr ... ID32707271

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar

Postby deepsouth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:11 am

That stuff is great, brought to you by the same guys that make the perfect shaving soap, which in my view is a fantastic mass produced product that every RSA wetshaver should have a grated-up-placed-into-a-new container-tub of in his rotation. Cheap as chips too
deepsouth

Next

Return to Aftershaves