Razorock Blackhawk forum pass-around

A place to chat about just about anything.

Re: Razorock Blackhawk forum pass-around

Postby Mikaar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm

BLES wrote:If we take a year per person we will be concluded in 8 years time with this pass-around. :oo :lol: :lol: No, on a serious note I think we should get this business concluded in order for Juan to get his gear back. I haven’t read any posts of C4Chucky, Gaza365 and RiaanB in a very long time. I think it would be safe to mark them as none active members?

I would like to make a proposal in order to speedily get this pass-around back home safe.

Proposal: JHBBlade and DaveP arrange amongst each other to exchange the parcel. When Dave is finished, he let me know and I’ll arrange to collect it from him via the driver I previously sent to him. I know Mikaar is next on the list but Bundubeard is fairly close to me so if accepted, me and Jaco can arrange to exchange the parcel and then when Jaco is finished he can sent it off to Mikaar before going back home to Juan.
What do you guys think? This might work. As rule 1 of the pass-around clearly states: It's a gentlemen’s agreement amongst fellow gentlemen (your word is your honor etc) :old

Sounds like South African time

I’m fine with the Gauteng members finishing up the pass around before sending it down to Durban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar

Postby Natie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Good afternoon gentlemen.

I would to join in if it is possible? Im in Pietermaritzburg and can arrange to pick it up from Mikaar or any other Durban members and then pass it on again.

Natie

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:42 pm

I wish I could get in on this passaround. The trouble is that Canada Post went on strike. Goddammit...............
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby deepsouth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Sounds good to me, there's no rush or time limit. I only want you guys to experience the magic of this razor. It's a remarkable piece of kit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Natie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm

deepsouth wrote:Sounds good to me, there's no rush or time limit. I only want you guys to experience the magic of this razor. It's a remarkable piece of kit.

That razor does look like a great piece of shaving equipment.

Natie

Postby deepsouth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:29 am

A quick check-in here; how are you finding the gear @DaveP? Remember to post a photo and your thoughts on the stuff
deepsouth

Postby DAVEP » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:45 am

Whaaaat gear I dont have nuffing sorry to disappoint you all.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:09 pm

:-(

It would be really neat if we can get this going again, it is a nifty razor and I would like to have everyone here to experience the magic of a Feather blade in a friendly easy to use package.

I'm willing to put up the courier costs for the next person on the list to restart the pass around... I know life happens in between everything else and am chilled knowing that. If all else fails I'll import another one for the pass around? Who's keen?

deepsouth

Postby Natie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:52 pm

deepsouth wrote::-(

It would be really neat if we can get this going again, it is a nifty razor and I would like to have everyone here to experience the magic of a Feather blade in a friendly easy to use package.

I'm willing to put up the courier costs for the next person on the list to restart the pass around... I know life happens in between everything else and am chilled knowing that. If all else fails I'll import another one for the pass around? Who's keen?

Hi DS.
Im keen on it. Ill also put up courier costs to the next person.

Natie

Postby Clouds » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:16 pm

deepsouth wrote:If all else fails I'll import another one for the pass around? Who's keen?

Question is - where is the current one?
Clouds

Postby deepsouth » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:44 am

Bad news gents, the Blackhawk V2 is completely sold out at Italian barber, I'll scoure the net to find another one :(

deepsouth

Postby DAVEP » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:45 am

Seems like the current one is AWOL as I dont have it ????
DAVEP

Postby admin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 am

Clouds wrote:
deepsouth wrote:If all else fails I'll import another one for the pass around? Who's keen?

Question is - where is the current one?

Hi All,

Given the events that have transpired, can someone please PM me the last person who had the razor etc. I will contact the user via email where possible to try and locate it's whereabouts as this is not on gents.

Thanks.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby deepsouth » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:32 pm

We're all stand up individuals on here, life happens and a shave in the morning is just that. It would be good to get this going and whatever the reason for the stuck pass around is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I would like my shave mates to try out the razor and blade combo, my homemade aftershave is not good, the soap is neat but not the reason I started this.

The Nacette blades are nice, but not that much better than what's available or where they Voskhod or Polsilver? Doesn't matter.
It's very likely that these posts aren't even seen by the holder of the gear so let's not jump to conclusions and rather in the spirit of things give the benefit of the doubt. I have zero ill feelings about this or anyone on here. Let me reach out and see if we can continue amicably?

deepsouth

Postby deepsouth » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Good news gentlemen, the pass-around is back on track :D Dave should be receiving the parcel soon, although I don't have an ETA for you Dave, looking forward to hear your feedback
deepsouth

Postby DAVEP » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm

thank you very much deepsouth typically how long is normal to hang on to it before passing it on to the next person and who is next on the list.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:31 pm

I'll pop this in here; but I guess a week should be enough? Perhaps post the date you sent it on?

Rules are simple;
1) It's a gentlemens agreement amongst fellow gentlemen (your word is your honor etc)
2) I get about 7x good shaves (on the Artist club) from these blades, YMMV. Use the razor with a single fresh blade "duration" however long that is and pass it on. Give the razor an antiseptic clean and dispose of your used blade in your own blade bank (let the next person load a new one)
3) Send on the listed gear above, except if you want to add something to the pass around you can add that.
4) Post your thoughts on the goodies on this post and who it's going to next.
5) Pay the shipping forward, In other words, you pay for the shipping to the next guy, he pays for the next etc. etc
6) Don't use the post office or questionable methods.
7) Last person can send it back to me, so the circle is complete
deepsouth

Postby admin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:04 am

deepsouth wrote:Good news gentlemen, the pass-around is back on track :D Dave should be receiving the parcel soon, although I don't have an ETA for you Dave, looking forward to hear your feedback

This is indeed good news and I am especially relieved that this pass-around may resume :clap:

As already indicated, let's try to keep the simple rules stated by deepsouth in mind Gents.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby DAVEP » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 pm

thanks gents the Blackhawk has landed in my office today I will be using it on my Wednesday shave and will review it then (I had to go on their website to work out how to load the blade bwahahaha)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Lock and load Dave - you'll enjoy the shave from it - very efficient !
deepsouth

PreviousNext

Return to The Stoep