Razorock Blackhawk forum pass-around

A place to chat about just about anything.

Re: Razorock Blackhawk forum pass-around

Postby DAVEP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi All

I am ready to pass this around to the next gent who I believe is c4Chucky I have sent him a PM to get his address so I can send it with some of my splash and ASB and he doesn't seem to be getting back to me so I am at an impasse as I am not sure how to move forward.

Please can you learned masters advise.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Hey Dave, try Gaza or Bles. I'm not not sure with the holidays coming up who will be around

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby DAVEP » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 am

thanks I have sent Bles a PM as I see in the thread he was keen to arrange a collection from me with the driver he used before.
DAVEP

Postby BLES » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 pm

DAVEP wrote:thanks I have sent Bles a PM as I see in the thread he was keen to arrange a collection from me with the driver he used before.

Thanks Dave. PM sent. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby BLES » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:43 pm

All set and done....die Eagle kom Pretoria toe... 8-)
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby DAVEP » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Schweet like a lemon I will include some of my ASB and splash.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Bles, daai swartskaap mag jou dalk oorreed 'n veertjie of twee in jou laai te hou

deepsouth

Postby BLES » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 am

Heads-up: Okey, so it seems the Eagle is struggling to get lift-off… it is still in JHB. My father-in-law called me this morning asking if the box on his desk is mine. It is now preparing for its flight to Pretoria this afternoon. :bow :bow
BLES

Postby DAVEP » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Darn sorry Bles did I not label the box correctly. Sorry for that.
DAVEP

Postby admin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:15 am

DAVEP wrote:Darn sorry Bles did I not label the box correctly. Sorry for that.

:?: :shock:

Gents, If I can kindly ask when dispatching the pass around that we make doubly sure that the recipients details are 200% correct.

Thank-you.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby BLES » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:07 pm

No sweat Dave, my father-in-law didn’t catch the “Bles” part… :lol: :lol:
Anyway, I’m please to report the Black Hawk landed safe in Pretoria. In fact, I had my first shave with it this morning. Dave is a dangerous man when issued with bubble wrap and tape. :whip :lol: :lol: You really had me going there for a while to unwrap each item. Juan, you’re spot on my man… I think I definitely want a feather in my drawer. The result was so smooth. I especially love the over sized head of the razor. How does it compare to the Feather DX?
Dave, that balm and aftershave of yours rock my friend. The aftershave has a nice clean refreshing scent with no bite at all. Do I imagine myself or do I sense a slight hint of menthol in it? The balm, not fatty or oily at all. Very nice. Thank-you once again. :bow :bow
BLES

Postby BLES » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

admin wrote:

Gents, If I can kindly ask when dispatching the pass around that we make doubly sure that the recipients details are 200% correct.

Thank-you.

I think our forum names are a bit confusing for our loved-ones. My father-in-law works about 5-10 min from Dave and I asked if he could sent his driver to collect the parcel from Dave. My father –in –law left the office early that day and the driver left the parcel on his table. Dave addressed the parcel to “Bles” which is an unknown name to my father-in-law. My mistake, I should have indicated to Dave my real name. My apology.
BLES

Postby DAVEP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks very much Bles really glad you liked the balm and aftershave, I was a bit worried that I had written on the box BLES but all ended well and you got everything. I didn't want anything to be damaged so I did extra bubble wrap and tape everything.
DAVEP

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm

If there wouldn’t be a postal strike here in Canada would I be able to get in on this or is it only for South Africa?
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby deepsouth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Good news Bles, the Feather performs remarkably well in the Blackhawk, those are pro blades which I really like. I'm using super pro's and there is a difference, but they are too thin for the hawk, the pros are very good and I think keep their edge for longer and is a bit smoother than the supers. I found the hawk super easy to use and got awesome shaves from it too... What more do you want? Longevity, sharp and smooth in a easy to use package!

deepsouth

Postby jegreen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 pm

deepsouth wrote:Good news Bles, the Feather performs remarkably well in the Blackhawk, those are pro blades which I really like. I'm using super pro's and there is a difference, but they are too thin for the hawk, the pros are very good and I think keep their edge for longer and is a bit smoother than the supers. I found the hawk super easy to use and got awesome shaves from it too... What more do you want? Longevity, sharp and smooth in a easy to use package!

What indicates that the blade is too thin? On My iKon MR-SE the Kai Captain blade tends to wiggle badly up and down, no matter how carefully I try position it. And then the other day I put a Feather Super Pro in and it seated solidly. So I can only surmise that the blade thickness is different and the razor has a very tight tolerance.
jegreen

Postby deepsouth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Spot on, the pro blades are thicker all round and seats snug in the Blackhawk, I haven't tried Kai blades yet, but sure there's comparisons out there wrt thickness

deepsouth

Postby admin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:09 am

BLES wrote:
admin wrote:

Thank-you.

I think our forum names are a bit confusing for our loved-ones. My father-in-law works about 5-10 min from Dave and I asked if he could sent his driver to collect the parcel from Dave. My father –in –law left the office early that day and the driver left the parcel on his table. Dave addressed the parcel to “Bles” which is an unknown name to my father-in-law. My mistake, I should have indicated to Dave my real name. My apology.

All good Meneer :thumbup:

Just making sure this pass around moves around seamlessly 8-)
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Stoep