Washing machine advice

A place to chat about just about anything.

Washing machine advice

Postby deepsouth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Not quite the right place to ask, but my washing machine karked it and I need some advice for replacement, I had a Samsung or LG - not sure - 9kg top loader, it's an opportune time to get an energy efficient replacement and I've been eyeing the Bosch 9kg. I had a Smeg before but it proved too small when the family expanded. Not very impressed with the energy/water consumption on the top loader either.

What do you guys use and how's the consumption water/energy levels? My knowledge is limited, when I used it, I switched it on and left it at automatic / fuzzy logic .
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Re: Washing machine advice

Postby Thug » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 pm

I can't really help you out here.
I bought a Samsung 7.2kg top-loader after I got divorced in 2003 and it's been cleaning clothes ever since without a day's issue.
Fill the machine up, put in washing powder, turn on, take clothes out and turn off!
Thug

Postby Mikaar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 pm

We've got a speed queen at home that a couple years older than me, haven't ever had any problems with it. It doesn't have any of the power or efficiency stickers on it so I guess it isn't very eco-friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Nowadays Samsung appear to be the leaders in cost / feature ratio . Our Samsung washing machine has been going good for a while now. The fuzzy logic helps optimise water usage. It does some test in the load before running through the wash cycle.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby DAVEP » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 am

If you can afford the Bosch go for it I firmly believe they are the best and easiest least expensive to repair I have tried LG,Defy and Samsung and the last one the Bosch is the best and still going after 5 years.
DAVEP

Postby deepsouth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks gents,

I have a bosch dishwasher and it runs daily without complaint for 6+ years. I'm going to dreadfully have to go into a store to check and or purchase, I'm about to just buy the damn thing online, but hate having to wait for some possible arbitrary delivery time.
deepsouth

Postby Gaza365 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am

Sorry, i cant offer any advice on washing machines, mine been going strong for ages and ages.

However if you are going into a Store, and there is a Tafelberg Furnishers near you, I would recommend popping in there. The one near me stocks the Bosch range,

And they cut me a really good deal when I bought a new Fridge a few Months back I had found a really keen price online and stopped in to just check out the same model before ordering and they ended up beating the online price for me by a decent amount and tossed in free delivery.
Gaza365

Postby deepsouth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:21 am

nice ! there's a tafelberg nearby, I'm going to ring them now - if they have stock and can price match, it will be done
deepsouth

Postby jegreen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:12 pm

I bought a Samsung about 2 weeks ago at Tafelberg. My Bosch finally caved in after 10 years. I had it repaired and a week later it broke again so was promptly sent out to come back with a new one. The machine was marked R500 more than their website and I had to open the page up on my phone to get them to believe that their pricing was wrong.
jegreen

Postby deepsouth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Done, they dropped R1k to price match with Makro. I suppose I could have tried repairing the top loader, but I think it was thirsty and the new fangled technologies missing from its arsenal, + happy wife = happy life. @Thug no wife = happy life as well.

Thanks for the advice gents, if I didn't pop in here I would have had to go to Makro and die a little on the inside for the duration of the outing.
deepsouth

Return to The Stoep