Knysna relief

A place to chat about just about anything.

Knysna relief

Postby deepsouth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi guys,

I'm doing a drop off at my local fire station tomorrow for some relief to our countrymen and neighbours in Knysna. I want to implore the gentlemen on here to do something that can help out. I'm not going to post links or anything, but do your due diligence before dropping donations, some take the lion share.

I have zero relations to anyone living there, but it's the neighbourly thing to do, knowing the fantastic generosity found on this site - a blanket or a tin of food would go a long way to somebody that lost everything,
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Re: Knysna relief

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 pm

deepsouth wrote:Hi guys,

I'm doing a drop off at my local fire station tomorrow for some relief to our countrymen and neighbours in Knysna. I want to implore the gentlemen on here to do something that can help out. I'm not going to post links or anything, but do your due diligence before dropping donations, some take the lion share.

I have zero relations to anyone living there, but it's the neighbourly thing to do, knowing the fantastic generosity found on this site - a blanket or a tin of food would go a long way to somebody that lost everything,

Terrible scenes. Hope they all manage te get to safety. Have an old friend in the area and have not been able to contact.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:18 pm

I've heard some horror stories about the happenings in Knysna - we've been affected in the Cape by natural disasters before and the generosity displayed by locals and laymen amazed and motivated me immensely.

At the end of the day, it's people in need that get help from other people (like you and me) which makes a difference, there's no organization/government/others that care - without us gentlemanly folk the outlook is bleak. Even ten bucks could make a change...

Consider it.
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Gaza365 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:10 am

deepsouth wrote:I've heard some horror stories about the happenings in Knysna - we've been affected in the Cape by natural disasters before and the generosity displayed by locals and laymen amazed and motivated me immensely.

At the end of the day, it's people in need that get help from other people (like you and me) which makes a difference, there's no organization/government/others that care - without us gentlemanly folk the outlook is bleak. Even ten bucks could make a change...

Consider it.

Great sentiment! :thumbup: ,

To Echo your thought on just 10 bucks making a change, I think we lose sight of the fact that there are almost 55 Million south Africans, and if only half of us gave half of that, how much could we do to help people out in times of need like this. So im sure we can do better than R10, to make up for those who dont have the means but would help if they could!

If we were in the same situation, we would appreciate any help we received
Gaza365

Postby Thug » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:42 pm

I know of 3 people who lost their houses and possessions. :(
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Thug wrote:I know of 3 people who lost their houses and possessions. :(

Very sad indeed. Hope they get some rain soon.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Return to The Stoep