Imperial Leather Soaps

A place to chat about just about anything.

Imperial Leather Soaps

Postby admin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Came across the Imperial Leather Bath Soaps over the weekend at Dischem. Not sure if they have been around for long but haven't noticed them before.

Tried one tonight and it's very luxurious, producing plenty of thick lather. Definitely a winner in the shower or bath!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Re: Imperial Leather Soaps

Postby BLES » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:00 am

admin wrote:Came across the Imperial Leather Bath Soaps over the weekend at Dischem. Not sure if they have been around for long but haven't noticed them before.

Tried one tonight and it's very luxurious, producing plenty of thick lather. Definitely a winner in the shower or bath!

Thanks Stuart. I don't know when last I've used a "koekie seep" :D I will definitely be on the lookout for it as I find the after shave as a splendid product. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby Chrisvo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Looking good, hopefully they will be stocked in Cape Town too. I'll have to visit my closest Dischem and find out.
Chrisvo

Postby Chrisvo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Just visited Dischem in Canal Walk over lunch. Got two of the bigger Imperial Leather Classic soaps for R12.95 each. Not bad.

They also had the range of Clubman products there. Soap, balm, shave cream and others.
Chrisvo

Postby admin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:00 am

Chrisvo wrote:Just visited Dischem in Canal Walk over lunch. Got two of the bigger Imperial Leather Classic soaps for R12.95 each. Not bad.

They also had the range of Clubman products there. Soap, balm, shave cream and others.

Glad you found Chrisvo :thumbup:

I find every now and then a good soap is a change form the regular liquid type gels etc.
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby ryan-rsa » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 am

I stopped off at the Dischem at Nicolway and got some they are really nice. They are also running a special on Reitzer shaving soap. 2 for the price of one. Their price is R56.95 for 2 tubs.
Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?
-Albert Einstein
ryan-rsa

Postby deepsouth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 am

I also picked up some of these, used the white one this morning - lathers up quite well (shower scrunchie thing) and the scent is minimal. I did find that I felt dried out, but that could be the drought :oo Some time back I saw a comparo between liquid gel soap and soap bars, difference was negligible in performance and noticeable in price. I do think we used to have these as I recall the sticker on it - could have been whilst abroad :think:
Got the missus some of their showergel or foam, heaps cheaper than the stuff she usually uses and she likes it, so there is that.
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Chrisvo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Just wanted to update this post. I have been using the soap for 6 weeks of morning showers and it is just about finished. It performs well for me with a light, sweetish scent with leathery undertones. It lathers up easily, doesn't leave my skin dry and lasts for well over a month. I brought six of these for a cost of R60 which isn't a bad deal. The first 175gram bar costs R12.95 and the second R7.05, that's the deal from Dischem anyway.

I haven't had any reactions to the soap and I have had bad reactions to some in the past. Pick some up if you can. Highly recommended.
Chrisvo

Postby Jacquers » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:46 am

Picked up one of the blue ones from Dischem yesterday. It lathers well and has a nice clean scent, I like it. Quite aware of it today as it's different than my usual soap. Only complaint is that initially it has quite sharp edges.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Return to The Stoep