Show off your collection

A place to chat about just about anything.

Re: Show off your collection

Postby jegreen » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:32 pm

Those solid flat baseplates look great! Enjoy the razor.
jegreen

Postby dini » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:59 am

jegreen wrote:High time I posted a collection. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to be able to use a different razor every day of the month :lol:
I've also reached a stage where I've thinned out (slightly) some of my razors, so RAD is showing signs of decreasing :oops: . Below are three pictures, with descriptions starting at 12:00 clockwise, more or less in age order. Photo quality is not great due to poor lighting. Please let me know if incorrect naming so that I can update my own records.

3 Piece - Single Ring, Bulldog, Old Type, New Improved Tuckaway, New Improved Bostonian, New Short Comb, New Long Comb, New Long Comb, Tech with triangle slots, Bakelite Tech clone, Tech with ball end, Long Comb Tech clone, Fatip, EJ DE89, R41, iKon Short Comb.

TTO - Rocket HD, Aristocrat Jnr, Fatboy, Slim, Rocket Flair Tip, Rocket Red Tip, Flair Blue Tip, Flair Silver Tip (NOS), Flair Red Tip, Aristocrat #66, Super Adjustable 84, Schick Krona, G1000, Super Adjustable B4.

Other - GEM, iKon X3, Merkur 37C, Hoffritz Slant.

I haven't used all of them yet as some arrived yesterday. Some of them I'll keep boxed and not in rotation, but for the most part they're there to do what they were designed to do.

Would you mind posting a few pics of the new improved bostonian when you have some time ?
dini

Postby jegreen » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:47 pm

dini wrote:

Would you mind posting a few pics of the new improved bostonian when you have some time ?

Some quick pics. Some other member will also have in their collection as well. I am aware this could be debated as the New Standard, Bostonian, Richwood etc. but that's getting very technical! Lovely looking razor and pretty much the peak development of this type of 3 piece system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jegreen

Postby dini » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:44 pm

That is awesome .
dini

Postby Johnny.b.goode » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Jacquers wrote:Inside the TOBS Store: https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Tay ... 31!6m1!1e1

It's interactive, you can zoom in :)

TOBS Store.jpg

I've had the opportunity of visiting this store on various occasions. It's a beautiful store and so are the prices.
They do have a few specials on their creams.
At the rear of the store, you'll find the barber.
It's only £40 for a traditional hot towel wet shave. :crazy

Oh!..buy the way, you can have a traditional cut throat shaving lesson for £70. :crazy :crazy
Johnny.b.goode

Postby O_P » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Most of my current hardware, only fatip and AoS brush not in pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
O_P

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:14 pm

O_P wrote:Most of my current hardware, only fatip and AoS brush not in pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All great stuff O_P :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Jacquers » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 pm

So much for having a 'no-buy July'

Got a New Improved Tuckaway and a bonus Slim Twist. There are two versions of the New Improved - I specifically wanted to get this one with the round pins and wider top cap which I think will make it a bit milder than the other version I already had. Here is a thread with some more info: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/th ... ys.414108/

s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Jacquers wrote:So much for having a 'no-buy July'

Got a New Improved Tuckaway and a bonus Slim Twist. There are two versions of the New Improved - I specifically wanted to get this one with the round pins and wider top cap which I think will make it a bit milder than the other version I already had. Here is a thread with some more info: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/th ... ys.414108/

s-l1600.jpg

Nice! :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Congrats ! a Set of lookers !
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby jegreen » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:10 pm

s-l1600.jpg

The traffic cone pins on my one suddenly look boring :lol: Congrats on that razor! Everything looks in good shape. Now jut to hit it with the bicarb and tinfoil...
jegreen

Postby Jacquers » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

jegreen wrote:

s-l1600.jpg

The traffic cone pins on my one suddenly look boring :lol: Congrats on that razor! Everything looks in good shape. Now jut to hit it with the bicarb and tinfoil...

Thanks, I was a bit surprised to actually win the auction :) I think the bicarb and tinfoil only works on the silver plated ones.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Previous

Return to The Stoep