Good morning thread and sports update

A place to chat about just about anything.

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing some good memories. BLES. A different era indeed. I still keep an ashtray next to my bed, though it's used as a holder for coins, paperclips, saftey pins etc. The other day my little niece (3 years old) came home and was watching TV in the room. She emptied the ashtray out out and was using it as a cup holder :lol:

I agree with you about the smoke breaks (and coffee breaks). Also, people get up to go have a smoke and take about ten others with them :oo
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi all,

Came across this very informative video. Should be mandatory viewing for all younger men...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbKYcBdVyk

To sum up: Keep it low and to the right... jsut not tooo low.. :lol:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 am

What better reason to have a sale!! :lol: :oo

(Taken from a local Newspaper here in Durban)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:45 am

Morning all,

Got up at the crack of dawn to watch the boxing. The lead up to this fight was a real circus, and the money involved was crazy.

The fight itself was a bit strange, Mcgregor never really cut loose, and eventually ran out of steam. He paid dearly. The craft and guile showed by Mayweather was impressive. Mayweather finally called time on his career after the fight.

Anyway, that closes another chapter of Vegas fight night. Interesting point to note is that if you lived in the USA and wanted to see the fight on live TV you would have had to pay around 170 dollars :shock:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby c4Chucky » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:48 am

Hey there,

I was also up early. Almost by accident, cause the baby woke me up. :) Decided, I might as well go watch the boxing with her on my lap.

The build up was immense. Actually, I think it was more entertaining than the fight. :) I heard this morning that they each made close to a billion dollars. Can you imagine??? For punching someone?
Either way, Ups to McGreggor for making enough noise for Mayweather to pay attention. They both earned big cash from this. And hey... we know the world wanted to see it.

Good to see Money ending on 50 and 0 at the age of 40. What an amazing career.
Shave Awesome!

www.razorrebel.co.za
User avatar
c4Chucky
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:59 pm

c4Chucky wrote:Hey there,

I was also up early. Almost by accident, cause the baby woke me up. :) Decided, I might as well go watch the boxing with her on my lap.

The build up was immense. Actually, I think it was more entertaining than the fight. :) I heard this morning that they each made close to a billion dollars. Can you imagine??? For punching someone?
Either way, Ups to McGreggor for making enough noise for Mayweather to pay attention. They both earned big cash from this. And hey... we know the world wanted to see it.

Good to see Money ending on 50 and 0 at the age of 40. What an amazing career.


Floyd was good, very good in fact. However his later career was spolied by a few handpicked bouts that watered down his stats.I would have liked to see a bit more action from this fight, but it seemed both guys were trying to play it fairly safe.

I miss the old days of Brian Mitchell and Tony Lopez. Now that was boxing... :thumbup:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Morning all.


What a day. Pension / grant payout, and it was also Eid (the day of sacrifice). We headed out to the farm to slaughter 5 sheep. My brother did the honours this year, and about an hour later 5 woolly sheep were skinned, gutted, and hung up in hte cold room.

Tomorrow should be slightly eaasier lookign forward to the morning shave with some new gear :thumbup:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby Mikaar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Eid Mubarak Mohamed! Hope you'll had a good one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Mikaar wrote:Eid Mubarak Mohamed! Hope you'll had a good one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank very much Mikaar. Busy morning, but things were more relaxed in the afternoon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi all,

Found this on another forum, and I thought I would share...


PLEASE BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING FACEBOOK SCAM: AN ELDERLY WOMAN HAS BEEN PRIVATELY MESSAGING MEN - SENDING THEM NAKED PICTURES OF HERSELF IN GROTESQUE POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE UPS OF HER LADY GARDEN. SHE IS OFFERING AN IPHONE 7+ IN EXCHANGE FOR SEXUAL FAVORS. I AM ESPECIALLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN IPHONE 5S AND OBVIOUSLY SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE ITS SUPER SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON.


:thumbup:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Hi all,

Found this on another forum, and I thought I would share...


PLEASE BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING FACEBOOK SCAM: AN ELDERLY WOMAN HAS BEEN PRIVATELY MESSAGING MEN - SENDING THEM NAKED PICTURES OF HERSELF IN GROTESQUE POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE UPS OF HER LADY GARDEN. SHE IS OFFERING AN IPHONE 7+ IN EXCHANGE FOR SEXUAL FAVORS. I AM ESPECIALLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN IPHONE 5S AND OBVIOUSLY SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE ITS SUPER SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON.


:thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nee maar dankie Mo.... :oo
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
User avatar
BLES
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am
Location: PRETORIA

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby dini » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 am

Not a bad weekend for SA sport .

The two Kevins did well in their respective codes .
dini
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 am

dini wrote:Not a bad weekend for SA sport .

The two Kevins did well in their respective codes .


I know Kevin Anderson did well... which was the other Kevin? :hmmm
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby Mikaar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Found a strange sign in the computer Engineering building today
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikaar
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Mikaar wrote:Found a strange sign in the computer Engineering building today
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


hahaha! :oo
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Somebody has explaining to do here...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby dini » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:28 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
dini wrote:Not a bad weekend for SA sport .

The two Kevins did well in their respective codes .


I know Kevin Anderson did well... which was the other Kevin? :hmmm


Kevin Lerena
dini
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:28 pm

dini wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:
dini wrote:Not a bad weekend for SA sport .

The two Kevins did well in their respective codes .


I know Kevin Anderson did well... which was the other Kevin? :hmmm


Kevin Lerena



Oh Cool! :thumbup:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby Thug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:49 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Morning all.


What a day. Pension / grant payout, and it was also Eid (the day of sacrifice). We headed out to the farm to slaughter 5 sheep. My brother did the honours this year, and about an hour later 5 woolly sheep were skinned, gutted, and hung up in hte cold room.

Tomorrow should be slightly eaasier lookign forward to the morning shave with some new gear :thumbup:


Hey RVT,

What happened to the Sheep Wool?

I'm thinking you missed a trick there.

RVT Wool Fat??

:lol:
User avatar
Thug
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Thug wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Morning all.


What a day. Pension / grant payout, and it was also Eid (the day of sacrifice). We headed out to the farm to slaughter 5 sheep. My brother did the honours this year, and about an hour later 5 woolly sheep were skinned, gutted, and hung up in hte cold room.

Tomorrow should be slightly eaasier lookign forward to the morning shave with some new gear


Hey RVT,

What happened to the Sheep Wool?

I'm thinking you missed a trick there.

RVT Wool Fat??

The wool is still attached to the sheep skin. It just just gets donated. Must be a hell of a process getting the soap out of the wool.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.


http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
User avatar
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor
 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Durban

PreviousNext

Return to The Stoep

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron