Good morning thread and sports update

A place to chat about just about anything.

Good morning thread and sports update

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 am

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0330 and it's been a long morning already. Wow, spring is here and today is 29C in Pretoria. Yesterday was a whopping 31C. My Bull team walked over the Griquas 46-32 the week-end and my Kings couldn’t keep up in the second half…Lost 20-24 against the Kings. :oo I don’t have much hope for them for this coming week-end against the Lions. The Lions Crushed the Puma’s 41-11 the past week-end and is in great shape.
Anyway, have a great week and enjoy those shaves. :thumbup:
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Re: Good morning thread and sports update

Postby ShaveHavenSA » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am

BLES wrote:Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0330 and it's been a long morning already. Wow, spring is here and today is 29C in Pretoria. Yesterday was a whopping 31C. My Bull team walked over the Griquas 46-32 the week-end and my Kings couldn’t keep up in the second half…Lost 20-24 against the Kings. :oo I don’t have much hope for them for this coming week-end against the Lions. The Lions Crushed the Puma’s 41-11 the past week-end and is in great shape.

All good but amazing that the Griquas got 32. Does the 46-32 make the Bulls good or the Griquas? (PS - Bulls supporter)
ShaveHavenSA

Postby BLES » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:28 pm

ShaveHavenSA wrote:
BLES wrote:Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0330 and it's been a long morning already. Wow, spring is here and today is 29C in Pretoria. Yesterday was a whopping 31C. My Bull team walked over the Griquas 46-32 the week-end and my Kings couldn’t keep up in the second half…Lost 20-24 against the Kings. :oo I don’t have much hope for them for this coming week-end against the Lions. The Lions Crushed the Puma’s 41-11 the past week-end and is in great shape.

All good but amazing that the Griquas got 32. Does the 46-32 make the Bulls good or the Griquas? (PS - Bulls supporter)

I think the Bulls underestimated the Griquas. The Griquas was almost doing all the playing in first 20 minutes. :oo
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Hows the chances for the Springboks at the World Cup? The draw seems to be ok (Scotland being the only other big team inside pool B) :?:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:25 am

Good morning fellow shavers. :wave: The coffee is on and I’m already at office since 0600. I could feel quite a chill breeze this morning when I went for a 5k jog. I could definitely feel winter’s toll with my fitness level. At least with spring arriving there is no more excuses.

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Hows the chances for the Springboks at the World Cup? The draw seems to be ok (Scotland being the only other big team inside pool B) :?:

With New Zealand as one of the favourites to win the world cup the squad that Meyer has selected with all the pressure of the politics still looks to me like one that is capable of winning it. It’s hard to pinpoint an area that is not well covered.
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:34 am

BLES wrote:Good morning fellow shavers. :wave: The coffee is on and I’m already at office since 0600. I could feel quite a chill breeze this morning when I went for a 5k jog. I could definitely feel winter’s toll with my fitness level. At least with spring arriving there is no more excuses.

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Hows the chances for the Springboks at the World Cup? The draw seems to be ok (Scotland being the only other big team inside pool B) :?:

With New Zealand as one of the favourites to win the world cup the squad that Meyer has selected with all the pressure of the politics still looks to me like one that is capable of winning it. It’s hard to pinpoint an area that is not well covered.

Morning BLES. Early start your side. I'm more into tea than coffee. Looking forward to the World Cup kick off.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:45 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
BLES wrote:Good morning fellow shavers. :wave: The coffee is on and I’m already at office since 0600. I could feel quite a chill breeze this morning when I went for a 5k jog. I could definitely feel winter’s toll with my fitness level. At least with spring arriving there is no more excuses.

Morning BLES. Early start your side. I'm more into tea than coffee. Looking forward to the World Cup kick off.

I can do tea :D

days

:

hours

:

minutes
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:53 am

BLES wrote:
I can do tea :D

days

:

hours

:

minutes

:D That strong coffee gives me a headache. Frisco is more my speed.. :oo
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:02 am

:D That strong coffee gives me a headache. Frisco is more my speed.. :oo

Nooooooooo, you don't have any speed RVT :lol:
BLES

Re: Good morning thread

Postby BLES » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:55 am

Good morning fellow shavers. No coffee on yet. Wat ‘n deurmekaar oggend! :oo
Vintage 1973 took my mind back in memory lane yesterday as I thought back of my childhood days in Oudtshoorn. Who of you can still remember safari suits or as we used to call them “Safari pakke”? My brother and I owned the short trouser version while my late dad had the long trouser version. I can still recall mine had an ugly green brown beige colour.
Once a month we drove to Oudtshoorn where my mom did her monthly shopping at the Checkers and my dad took me and my brother to the barbershop. Pity I can’t remember the barbershop’s name. Anyway, on these days to town we were dressed in our safari pakke.
Every time on these barbershop trips the barber nicked us behind one ear. Till today I think he did it on purpose…. :think:
This fond memory of the barbershop made me do something different with this morning’s shave. I tried a barber towel. I took a white facecloth my wife stowed away in the linen drawer, wet it and dried it out after which I dashed a few drops of lavender essential oil on it. After I showered I placed the moistened towel in the microwave for 1 minute. On my way back to the bathroom I pressed the cloth against my face. Mistake of my life! The thing was so damn hot I burned my face. Although it feels the same as sunburn I got some pretty good results. My usual PREP cream was used this morning as an afterthought to sooth the burn.
So much for good memories…. :lol:
Let’s talk some rugby. On my way to work I saw the heading of the “Beeld” says the Lions are afraid of my Kings team for this coming week-ends game. I’m a bit sceptic and doubt the Kings will beat them. Do you guys have any prediction for the Bulls and Cheetah game?
Ok, enough chit chat. Let me put some coffee on and sulk about my burned face. Have a great day.
:wave:
BLES

Postby ShaveHavenSA » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:46 am

BLES wrote:Good morning fellow shavers. No coffee on yet. Wat ‘n deurmekaar oggend! :oo
Vintage 1973 took my mind back in memory lane yesterday as I thought back of my childhood days in Oudtshoorn. Who of you can still remember safari suits or as we used to call them “Safari pakke”? My brother and I owned the short trouser version while my late dad had the long trouser version. I can still recall mine had an ugly green brown beige colour.
Once a month we drove to Oudtshoorn where my mom did her monthly shopping at the Checkers and my dad took me and my brother to the barbershop. Pity I can’t remember the barbershop’s name. Anyway, on these days to town we were dressed in our safari pakke.
Every time on these barbershop trips the barber nicked us behind one ear. Till today I think he did it on purpose…. :think:
This fond memory of the barbershop made me do something different with this morning’s shave. I tried a barber towel. I took a white facecloth my wife stowed away in the linen drawer, wet it and dried it out after which I dashed a few drops of lavender essential oil on it. After I showered I placed the moistened towel in the microwave for 1 minute. On my way back to the bathroom I pressed the cloth against my face. Mistake of my life! The thing was so damn hot I burned my face. Although it feels the same as sunburn I got some pretty good results. My usual PREP cream was used this morning as an afterthought to sooth the burn.
Let’s talk some rugby. On my way to work I saw the heading of the “Beeld” says the Lions are afraid of my Kings team for this coming week-ends game. I’m a bit sceptic and doubt the Kings will beat them. Do you guys have any prediction for the Bulls and Cheetah game?
Ok, enough chit chat. Let me put some coffee on and sulk about my burned face. Have a great day.

At least prep will work for the burn as well. Einaa!
ShaveHavenSA

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:21 am

BLES wrote:Good morning fellow shavers. No coffee on yet. Wat ‘n deurmekaar oggend! :oo

Ouch BLES!! That must have been hot! Check out our blog post from Last year October. Notice the big bold writing: Please be sure to check the temperature of the towel before applying it your face. Towels straight out of the microwave can be VERY hot. :lol:
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:40 am

Ouch BLES!! That must have been hot! Check out our blog post from Last year October. Notice the big bold writing: Please be sure to check the temperature of the towel before applying it your face. Towels straight out of the microwave can be VERY hot. :lol:

Too late brother, too late :oo
BLES

Postby HenkB » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 pm

When I want to treat myself, I heat the towel in the microwafe and rest it on my face for a couple of minutes...

Otherwise a quick hot shower will do to soften the beard before the shave...
HenkB

Postby BLES » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:45 pm

HenkB wrote:When I want to treat myself, I heat the towel in the microwafe and rest it on my face for a couple of minutes...

Otherwise a quick hot shower will do to soften the beard before the shave...

If you see my face today you will notice the towel was well rested on my face.... :lol: Almost every person walking in my office today asked what happened to my face... :oo

Next time I will switch on the microwave before I go to shower... :think:
BLES

Postby BLES » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:36 am

Good morning fellow shavers. The coffee is on.
I was really shocked this morning when I got on the scale to notice I almost picked up 10kg during the winter season. :oo From today I’m on a strict diet and exercise program. I should do something drastic to drop some weight and get in shape before the end of this month as I must do my fitness assessment before then. We as South Africans like to make things difficult for ourselves. :cry:

Did any of you watch the UCI mountain bike world championships yesterday? What a great performance from Greg Minnaar who got 2nd place. :clap: Those guys certainly don’t have any fear and are definitely driven by adrenalin. It was the first won for the young Frenchman Lois Bruni and I’m certain it is not his last. Great performance. :clap:

On the rugby side my EP Kings lost against the Lions as I expected but the Bulls took the Cheetahs. I know it’s maybe a bit confusing when I speak of the bulls and kings as my team but for clarity sake, I’m a Bull supporter and the Kings have a soft spot in my heart for sentimental reasons. If they play against each other the Bulls are my number one team.

I got Goosebumps yesterday when an African male radio presenter said on radio why do we still put pressure on transformation in rugby if we look at the performance of Bafana Bafana after their loss of 3-1 on Saturday? He asked why don’t they start transformation with the soccer team as there are quite a few talented white soccer players in South Africa and maybe SA might just won the soccer world cup after that. I just thought whoa, give that man a Bells! :twisted:

Enjoy jour day and happy shaving
BLES

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

BLES wrote:Good morning fellow shavers. The coffee is on.
I was really shocked this morning when I got on the scale to notice I almost picked up 10kg during the winter season. :oo From today I’m on a strict diet and exercise program. I should do something drastic to drop some weight and get in shape before the end of this month as I must do my fitness assessment before then. We as South Africans like to make things difficult for ourselves. :cry:

Did any of you watch the UCI mountain bike world championships yesterday? What a great performance from Greg Minnaar who got 2nd place. :clap: Those guys certainly don’t have any fear and are definitely driven by adrenalin. It was the first won for the young Frenchman Lois Bruni and I’m certain it is not his last. Great performance. :clap:

On the rugby side my EP Kings lost against the Lions as I expected but the Bulls took the Cheetahs. I know it’s maybe a bit confusing when I speak of the bulls and kings as my team but for clarity sake, I’m a Bull supporter and the Kings have a soft spot in my heart for sentimental reasons. If they play against each other the Bulls are my number one team.

I got Goosebumps yesterday when an African male radio presenter said on radio why do we still put pressure on transformation in rugby if we look at the performance of Bafana Bafana after their loss of 3-1 on Saturday? He asked why don’t they start transformation with the soccer team as there are quite a few talented white soccer players in South Africa and maybe SA might just won the soccer world cup after that. I just thought whoa, give that man a Bells! :twisted:

That reminds me, I missed gym again today... That makes 36 years in a row...

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Thug » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:06 pm

BLES wrote:Good morning fellow shavers. The coffee is on.

I think that now Joffers has left the country, we have a suitable replacement.

Step forward BLES!

Minnaar's run was brilliant and it had to take something special from Bruni to top that.

As far as Banana Banana goes, the less said the better.
Support Movember by clicking on this link: https://mobro.co/tonyhuglin?mc=1
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:27 am

Good morning all. Just got through the morning routine.

Dressed and ready for action. What are your thoughts on the current state of radio in SA? Some stations have a few interesting segments, but they seem to be stuck in and endless rut lately. Every day sounding much the same as the previous.

Reading through the newspaper and I can't believe all these classified ads, for witch-doctors, 'healers', and other 'magic-men'. Surely the newspapers shouldn't take these ads? :oo
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby BLES » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:51 am

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Good morning all. Just got through the morning routine.

Dressed and ready for action. What are your thoughts on the current state of radio in SA? Some stations have a few interesting segments, but they seem to be stuck in and endless rut lately. Every day sounding much the same as the previous.

Reading through the newspaper and I can't believe all these classified ads, for witch-doctors, 'healers', and other 'magic-men'. Surely the newspapers shouldn't take these ads? :oo

Good morning RVT :wave:

I don't listen to much radio but if I listen it is too Jacaranda and Groot Fm.
I rather listen to cd's :D
BLES

Next

Return to The Stoep