New Products

A place to chat about just about anything.

Re: New Products

Postby Thug » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Clouds wrote:
Thug wrote:Ordered a DE razor stand from Spain.

Guillermo makes some wonderful stands from Ipe wood, acrylic and stainless steel.

The holes for the razors on this one accommodate the 16mm handle of my Guerrilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very nice indeed Thug.
Does he make a 7 hole set (thinking of having a 7 day set)

Thank you.

I'm sure he does.

You can contact him on Instagram. Search for Guillermo.g.v

Thug

Postby jegreen » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:06 am

The combination of materials is very good looking. Do the holes at the bottom go all the way through for drainage or are they just from the front of the drill?
jegreen

Postby Natie » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 am

Good morning everyone.

Thug that stand looks great! Ive also been looking at making or getting a stand for my straights but unfortunately i only have 3 now.

So im in the eastern free state and went to the rose show on Oranje guest farm between Carens and Fouriesburg. What a nice show. I got the following new products:

Pure primal 3 in 1 artisan bar of soap. Hair, face and body soap. I really like this. Great for traveling and also for pre shave. I used it this morning. Very nice scent to it. Strong peppermint and lavender that cane through. Great hair care and skin care as well it also softened my whiskers very nicely.

Cleo’s Milch shave soap. Very unique scent. I would like to use it again before i give a review about it.

Pure primal after shave oil. Wow very nice product. A lovely fresh, refreshing and herbal scent to it. Moisturized and awesome skin care. Enjoyed using it this morning.

Natie

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:20 am

Some nice finds there Natie!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby dini » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am

Thug wrote:
Clouds wrote:
Thug wrote:Ordered a DE razor stand from Spain.

Guillermo makes some wonderful stands from Ipe wood, acrylic and stainless steel.

The holes for the razors on this one accommodate the 16mm handle of my Guerrilla.

That is very nice indeed Thug.
Does he make a 7 hole set (thinking of having a 7 day set)

Thank you.

I'm sure he does.

You can contact him on Instagram. Search for Guillermo.g.v

That stand is awesome , Thug .

Had a look on Instagram and I have now found something else that I "need" . :oo
dini

Postby Clouds » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am

After seeing Thugs stand I decided that I could make a 7 day version

My lathe motor is faulty so I couldn't make the two planned domes to hide the top hex bolts. I am probably going to go to a furniture fittings shop and see what they have that will suit. So currently it's a work in progress.

I planned the side columns to be that thick (same thickness as the top shelf) but I think that they should be thinner. The one side also needs trimming but I will only do that once I am happy with the uprights.

I measured my longest handle that it sits in the bottom recesses. After finishing it I think that it should be shorter so some of the razor's heads stand high and others rest on the top shelf.

I'm not sure on what to do on the corners so I have left them square. Its easy to remove metal but I can't put it back.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy with it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Clouds

Postby Natie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:12 am

Clouds wrote:After seeing Thugs stand I decided that I could make a 7 day version

My lathe motor is faulty so I couldn't make the two planned domes to hide the top hex bolts. I am probably going to go to a furniture fittings shop and see what they have that will suit. So currently it's a work in progress.

I planned the side columns to be that thick (same thickness as the top shelf) but I think that they should be thinner. The one side also needs trimming but I will only do that once I am happy with the uprights.

I measured my longest handle that it sits in the bottom recesses. After finishing it I think that it should be shorter so some of the razor's heads stand high and others rest on the top shelf.

I'm not sure on what to do on the corners so I have left them square. Its easy to remove metal but I can't put it back.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy with it.

That looks very nice Clouds.

Natie

Postby Thug » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:04 pm

Very nice Clouds, well done!
Thug

Postby Clouds » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Yesterday the Omega 10098 brush arrived.
According to an Italian barber Boar brushes are the only ones to use but when you get them they must sit in water in the fridge for 3 days. So my Omega is currently freezing its butt off in the fridge.

@RVT. I agree with Natie, your service is awesome, thank you.
Sorted your tooth?

Then today I went to the Post Office and I had a slip in the box.
My Toggle (F4) has finally arrived after nearly 5 months on the road.
Its dry and needs a bit of oil, but the wait has been worth it - it is a beaut

Clouds

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Very nice @Clouds!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Clouds wrote:Yesterday the Omega 10098 brush arrived.
According to an Italian barber Boar brushes are the only ones to use but when you get them they must sit in water in the fridge for 3 days. So my Omega is currently freezing its butt off in the fridge.

@RVT. I agree with Natie, your service is awesome, thank you.
Sorted your tooth?

Then today I went to the Post Office and I had a slip in the box.
My Toggle (F4) has finally arrived after nearly 5 months on the road.
Its dry and needs a bit of oil, but the wait has been worth it - it is a beaut

Wow! Very nice Toggle Clouds . I've never tried the fridge method, but for three days of soaking I would change out water regularly... I normally use Pet shampoo, and and give it a few test lathers. Teh more you use it, the better it gets :)
This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby dini » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Connaughts Shaving . I rally wanted that Fatip
dini

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 pm

dini wrote:Image

Connaughts Shaving . I rally wanted that Fatip
Nice dini!

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Beautiful razors!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 pm

I had lunch at a restaurant in the mall where my wife works and I did a bit of shopping.

Here’s what I found!

1x Rockwell Barbershop SS
1x Rockwell ASB

I’m so happy that I have a backup of this soap because it’s lovely. The balm has the same old-school barbershop scent that I love to love and my wife loves to hate! lollllllllll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:00 pm

JAYDEE wrote:I had lunch at a restaurant in the mall where my wife works and I did a bit of shopping.

Here’s what I found!

1x Rockwell Barbershop SS
1x Rockwell ASB

I’m so happy that I have a backup of this soap because it’s lovely. The balm has the same old-school barbershop scent that I love to love and my wife loves to hate! lollllllllll
Great stuff Jeff!

This is how I shave.

RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Gracias mi amigo! @Mo

I wish this bloody postal strike would end already so I could send you a soap and a balm. They’re both dynamite!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby jegreen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:41 pm

@Clouds - when that holder is full it's going to be a great collection and rotation there. Good mix of vintage and modern. And that Toggle is fantastic! I've tried the fridge method to break in my SOC boar with no luck. But the Omega will break in easily.

@Dini - Congrats on the Fatip. And that Omega brush was in my cart many times in the past but each time took it out. So looking forward to it's first use. Are those loose Muhle heads?

@Jeff - you've mentioned that the Rockwell is a pretty good soap? Great support of a local brand over there.
jegreen

Postby Clouds » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks @jegreen. I finished the machining work on holder over the weekend. I'm just left with the decision on the colour.
The first use of the Omega was on Friday and it was certainly soft but that could have been because it had been soaking for a few days.

@dini - Was that the package at the post office that they couldn't find yesterday?
When I was at the post office on Friday it was like Father Christmas had arrived. They had piles of packages all over the place. There was a couple in front of me that they took nearly 20 minutes to find their parcels. I had two which they found pretty quickly

@jaydee - Nice haul there Jeff.

Thanks Mo
Clouds

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm

jegreen wrote:@Clouds - when that holder is full it's going to be a great collection and rotation there. Good mix of vintage and modern. And that Toggle is fantastic! I've tried the fridge method to break in my SOC boar with no luck. But the Omega will break in easily.

@Dini - Congrats on the Fatip. And that Omega brush was in my cart many times in the past but each time took it out. So looking forward to it's first use. Are those loose Muhle heads?

@Jeff - you've mentioned that the Rockwell is a pretty good soap? Great support of a local brand over there.

Thanks so much my friend!

IMHO the Rockwell soap and balm are the only Canadian shaving products which I could say are really good. The rest are overpriced, overrated shit that I wouldn’t want even for free. Even the Henri et Victoria Fall’s Lumberjack soap turned me off although the Bergamot Vetiver aftershave from the same company is all right. The other Canadian soaps I had I threw away.
JEFF
JAYDEE

PreviousNext

Return to The Stoep