Soap hacks

Reviews and Opinions on all types of soaps, creams and croaps.

Soap hacks

Postby deepsouth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 am

Hi gents,

Just before I've decided to give away a few soaps, I thought about hacking together a new soap. Imagine a puck of Godrej, sitting in the middle of a Rondavel dagga soap....got me thinking - how many of you had hacked some soaps together, and how did you find it?
I like the scent of both, but feel the dagga soap needs more slick - maybe Wtin and rondavel or mentholated Arko ( I might just do this tomorrow)

Looking for ideas, experience ...
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Re: Soap hacks

Postby Jacquers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 am

Not soap, but I've often mixed the Proraso Blue & Red Creams and it worked well.

Just grate some of each and mix and see how it comes out :)
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby DAVEP » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 am

I have done this before I was given a Boots shave soap from my admin manager that went to the UK also bought a rooibos soap (Yuk the smell was terrible) also had crap soaps from the shaving company box that started me off on this quest. The UK soap was always very hard so here is what i did I grated them all on the normal kitchen grater into an old ice cream tub, then added a few drops of glycerin and some essential oils I had (Eucalyptus and Menthol) then compressed the whole lot into a plastic container and now have an awesome shave soap that smell great and works very well.
DAVEP

Postby JHBBlade » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:47 am

Now you've got me thinking.........

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
JHBBlade

Postby Chrisvo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:51 pm

I plan to do this in twenty years when I've reached the bottom bit of all my current soap offerings. Scooping all the soap out and making a new soap from all the left overs should do well..
Chrisvo

Return to Shaving Cream & Soap Discussion