Bundubeard shaving soap

Reviews and Opinions on all types of soaps, creams and croaps.

Bundubeard shaving soap

Postby deepsouth » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Hey gents,

I've seen Mr Bundubeard has some soaps on offer ( I hope he doesn't actually have a beard ) I keen to try some and will revert my findings, always keen to support local artisans
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Re: Bundubeard shaving soap

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Cool! Let us know how it goes deepSouth :)
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JHBBlade » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Yaaaaaah! Believe me never trust a soap seller with a beard. ;-)

I have a collection of shave scented bath soaps thanks to the bearded soap sellers.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
JHBBlade

Postby deepsouth » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Benefit of the doubt here guys, the line up from memory is
Vanilla
Mint
Sandalwood
African potato
Only one guess is needed on what I went for...
African potato! What else would scream local?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
deepsouth

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Mint? Like, doesn't that mean the stuff that gives the skin a nice cooling sensation? What's that stuff called again..............men something - oh, MENTHOL! lollll Hey, I want one! :)
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Well, after having tried two of Jaco's soaps which are the Rooibos and the Kameelsperd Kick I can honestly say I LOVE them!

The Rooibos:

So easy to lather, a lovely sweet/herbal scent and great post-shave care.

The Kameelsperd Kick:

Lathers very easily also, powerful menthol fumes and a nice coffee aroma. Extremely heavy menthol sensation which is comparable to the Stirling Glacial soaps. Good skincare as well.

Jaco, keep doing what you're doing bro ;)
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby Bundubeard » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks Jeff, glad you liked the Rooibos, I'll be working at making the menthol more subtle, but stronger on the Kameel...
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Kry daai boendoe van jou gesig af/Get that bundu off your face
Bundubeard

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Jaco, I’m amazed at how such a heavily-mentholated soap is able to lather so well. I remember when the original Stirling Glacial soap first came out it was very difficult to get it to lather. The trick was to let it sit out uncovered for a month because it needed extra time to cure properly.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby Bundubeard » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:39 am

JAYDEE wrote:Jaco, I’m amazed at how such a heavily-mentholated soap is able to lather so well. I remember when the original Stirling Glacial soap first came out it was very difficult to get it to lather. The trick was to let it sit out uncovered for a month because it needed extra time to cure properly.

I had to play around with the formula a bit, the amount of 'minty stuff' in the kameel is pretty insane, its the first soap that I produced where ingredients actually played a significant part in determining the costing, one mostly pay for the time factor when it comes to our shaving soaps. I'd be very happy if it keeps on delivering good shaves right till the end, so keep on reviewing, I'll keep on reading!
I have played around with temp and consistency to get the best performance and avoid the risk of separation or concentration of certain ingredients in parts of the soap, but even the ones put out at higher temps are performing good. Our soaps generally works the opposite way round, the more you use it the more stable it keeps and delivers, to me it is the ideal soap for the 'regular' shavers who only keep one or two items in the cupboard and uses them every time. You got me lus for the kameel now...
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Bundubeard

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Jaco, all I can say is keep doing what you’re doing because die seep is so mooi!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm

I just used the Rooibos soap before and I had a great shave with it albeit a little too long because of the rinky dink Micro Touch razor I used. The lather was so dense and rich that it held up for EIGHT, yes, EIGHT passes. That’s how good this soap is! ;)
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Jaco, what about your Avo/Cucumber, African Potato, and Coffee - are they still in production?
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby Bundubeard » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:36 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Jaco, what about your Avo/Cucumber, African Potato, and Coffee - are they still in production?

They are, but not the African Potato, for now, I am doing a bit of experimentation with that, I had a supply problem with some of the ingredients.
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Bundubeard

Postby Bundubeard » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:38 pm

JAYDEE wrote:I just used the Rooibos soap before and I had a great shave with it albeit a little too long because of the rinky dink Micro Touch razor I used. The lather was so dense and rich that it held up for EIGHT, yes, EIGHT passes. That’s how good this soap is! ;)

I love the Rooibos, thanks for the post. I am now getting to where many of you guys are when it comes to soap, what the heck to use next becomes an issue :D
Boendoebaard/Bundubeard

Bundubeard

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Bundubeard wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:I just used the Rooibos soap before and I had a great shave with it albeit a little too long because of the rinky dink Micro Touch razor I used. The lather was so dense and rich that it held up for EIGHT, yes, EIGHT passes. That’s how good this soap is! ;)

I love the Rooibos, thanks for the post. I am now getting to where many of you guys are when it comes to soap, what the heck to use next becomes an issue :D

Welcome to the club, my boet!

That Rooibos...............wowwwwwwwwww - you gotta love it!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Bundubeard wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Jaco, what about your Avo/Cucumber, African Potato, and Coffee - are they still in production?

They are, but not the African Potato, for now, I am doing a bit of experimentation with that, I had a supply problem with some of the ingredients.

Ok, I understand.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby deepsouth » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Man I hope those experiments includes a Zuma dose of menthol... I'd love a double frost corrupted african potato soap!

deepsouth

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 pm

deepsouth wrote:Man I hope those experiments includes a Zuma dose of menthol... I'd love a double frost corrupted african potato soap!

My broer if Zuma means a heavy dose then you’re going to need that Kameelperd’s Kick soap. You can’t get more Zuma than that. I told my brother-in-law that if he tried that soap it would knock the shit out of him - trust me, it’s POTENT!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby deepsouth » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Hehe, Zuma was our previous president, heavily allegedly involved in state capture and billions disappearing. He has a basically understanding of numbers and believes that a shower is can cure aids after allegedly raping his niece. I'm not very au fait without politics and could be a wrong here, just a layman's understanding... Het has to bit of another skull deformity which people teased home for having two heads. One of for self enrichment an ones for lying about it... Something like that...

deepsouth

Postby deepsouth » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Well... typing quick with auto correct... Eish

deepsouth

Next

Return to Shaving Cream & Soap Discussion