Top End soaps

Reviews and Opinions on all types of soaps, creams and croaps.

Re: Top End soaps

Postby shiomoto » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:16 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:Currently, I have my eye on Taylor Of Old Bond Street creams, as well as Edwin Jagger Soaps. I think these two offer good performance at very nice price point.

Nothing can go wrong with TOBS creams :thumbup:
shiomoto

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:16 pm

shiomoto wrote:
RiverValleyTrading wrote:Currently, I have my eye on Taylor Of Old Bond Street creams, as well as Edwin Jagger Soaps. I think these two offer good performance at very nice price point.

Nothing can go wrong with TOBS creams :thumbup:

Thanks Shiomoto!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JHBBlade » Mon May 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I have the EJ Lime and Pomegranate it is not a BD cream, I just am not a fan of their sweet factory interpretation of lime. TOBS sandalwood is a much better soap, and better value IMHO. The lime TOBS is on my watch list.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
JHBBlade

Postby deepsouth » Mon May 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Any word on the lpl?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:32 am

Here I go again with my big mouth, please forgive me:

These “high end” soaps are bulllshit. Bullshit with a capital B. I walked out of a specialty store one day when I found out I had to spend 120,00$ on a LPL soap. I saw a puck of Kent soap which I believe is MWF renamed, which was selling for 45,00$ with no container - nothing. To me the only two soaps selling for twenty bucks or more that I would buy again are these:

Gold-Dachs Spezial. Made in Germany.

Rockwell Barbershop. Made in Canada.

Anything else above that price point for ME is money thrown out. Check out these two soaps I mentioned. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 am

JAYDEE wrote:Here I go again with my big mouth, please forgive me:

These “high end” soaps are bulllshit. Bullshit with a capital B. I walked out of a specialty store one day when I found out I had to spend 120,00$ on a LPL soap. I saw a puck of Kent soap which I believe is MWF renamed, which was selling for 45,00$ with no container - nothing. To me the only two soaps selling for twenty bucks or more that I would buy again are these:

Anything else above that price point for ME is money thrown out. Check out these two soaps I mentioned. :)

As the saying goes YMMV sir :thumbup:
Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby deepsouth » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 am

Yeah, I was mad keen to get some top tier soaps a while back. I've changed my mind though, I get great shaves with what I have. I can't image how much better a $100/$200 soap could be? My soap cache isn't ostentatious and I've purged what I don't like.
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:16 pm

admin wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Here I go again with my big mouth, please forgive me:

As the saying goes YMMV sir :thumbup:

True, true.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:09 am

deepsouth wrote:Yeah, I was mad keen to get some top tier soaps a while back. I've changed my mind though, I get great shaves with what I have. I can't image how much better a $100/$200 soap could be? My soap cache isn't ostentatious and I've purged what I don't like.

I’ll tell you some other soaps I consider high end:

RVT
Bundubeard
Simply Bee
Tabac
Stirling
Soap Smooth

If anyone I didn’t know offered me any of these L’Occitane, LPL, MDC or whatever, he’d better be prepared to drop the prices WAY down if he’d want me to buy them. I will NOT pay more than twenty bucks for a shaving soap.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby ShavingB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:36 am

JAYDEE wrote:
deepsouth wrote:Yeah, I was mad keen to get some top tier soaps a while back. I've changed my mind though, I get great shaves with what I have. I can't image how much better a $100/$200 soap could be? My soap cache isn't ostentatious and I've purged what I don't like.

I’ll tell you some other soaps I consider high end:

RVT
Bundubeard
Simply Bee
Tabac
Stirling
Soap Smooth

If anyone I didn’t know offered me any of these L’Occitane, LPL, MDC or whatever, he’d better be prepared to drop the prices WAY down if he’d want me to buy them. I will NOT pay more than twenty bucks for a shaving soap.

I paid 20usd for my MDC second hand still touching the rim it’s a great soap, but not worth 4 to 6 times the cost of most expensive soaps.
L’occitane and Tabac are two soaps that I love the scent but the slickness is just a sad state. Bundubeard is far superior in this aspect for sure.
Stirling on the other hand is definitely a top performer for me.
But man have you tried Figaro, Haslinger, TOBS, Jeeves of Hudson, Crown King and Shaver Heaven?

Again all just my personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShavingB

Previous

Return to Shaving Cream & Soap Discussion