Prep Shaving Cream

Reviews and Opinions on all types of soaps, creams and croaps.

Prep Shaving Cream

Postby robmac » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi,

I see many of you use this as a pre-shave. Do you just spread a thin layer before you lather up?
Has anybody actually used it as a shave cream?

Cheers
Rob
robmac

Re: Prep Shaving Cream

Postby Jacquers » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 pm

I mostly use it as a post shave if it was a rough shave - it really helps with soothing the irritation and even works for sunburn. I have used it as a pre-shave as well and then just applied a thin layer plus shaving cream with it. I haven't used it on it's own though.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby BLES » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 am

robmac wrote:Hi,

I see many of you use this as a pre-shave. Do you just spread a thin layer before you lather up?
Has anybody actually used it as a shave cream?

Cheers
Rob

Rob, after a hot shower I wet my face again with hot water before I spread the PREP cream on the beard area with my fingers. I use a circular motion to work it in. (I basically lather it up on my face). While it does its work I prepare my lather and then lather the soap/cream over the PREP with my brush. Like Jaques said, it works perfect as well as a post-shave to sooth irritation of the skin.
“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” – Albert Einstein
BLES

Postby dini » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:59 am

I have been using prep as pre shave for the last month or so . Just rub in a bit before the application of the the shave cream .

I do feel like my shaves have been more comfortable but it does sometimes seem to have an effect on the lathering properties of a cream if you a face latherer .
dini

Return to Shaving Cream & Soap Discussion