Review of vintage Gibbs shaving stick

Reviews and Opinions on all types of soaps, creams and croaps.

Review of vintage Gibbs shaving stick

Postby JAYDEE » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:26 pm

This is an OLD French-made shaving stick which is no longer around, unfortunately. It must be at least two hundred years old if it's one day. Is it ever good!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A 20 second rub all over your face, a wet brush, and LOTS of great lather!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--It's unbelievable how stable this lather is!

General skincare: 8/10--Very good. Contains cold cream to moisturize and prevent irritation.

Scent: 4/10--Not much to say in this respect. Mild and soapy.

Price: N/A--I received it in a trade with someone but I think it was very cheap in France.

Would I buy again: 9/10--If I could ever find another one and the price was right, yes.

I love old vintage sticks and every so often one or two pop up on Ebay although sometimes the prices are crazy. I have a good friend in Sweden who loves the crummy North American Williams soap - how he gets it to lather is beyond me. He called me on my cell phone one morning and told me he'd love a couple. He told me about this Gibbs stick and a few other vintage sticks so we arranged a trade. Honestly, I think very highly of this soap. It doesn't have much of a scent, but does it ever lather and perform like a champ!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Return to Shaving Cream & Soap Discussion