RVT Yuka-Lyptic soap

Reviews and Opinions on all types of soaps, creams and croaps.

RVT Yuka-Lyptic soap

Postby lladets » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:37 am

I received RVT's latest formulation on Tuesday morning and gave it a spin this morning. Mo, you have a winner with this one!! :clap: :thumbup:
South African artisan soap makers are up there with the worlds best. When opening the tub one gets a preview of what to expect. It whips up into a creamy/slick rich lather in no time at all and once on the face, the menthol and eucalyptus kicks in and does its cooling work.
It is not overpowering and the cooling effect gradually builds up leaving the face nourished and fresh.
I finished off with the 444 aftershave gel which also has an almost liquorice menthol feel to it. All in all a fantastic shave using my Rockwell 2C with the #3
baseplate and a Gillette 7 o'clock green blade.
Please pass my compliments on to your soapmaker........he has excelled with this one!
lladets

Re: RVT Yuka-Lyptic soap

Postby ShaverBBS » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:10 am

I also had the pleasure of using this soap. Indeed an awesome addition to the range..
ShaverBBS

Postby JAYDEE » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:42 pm

I have one in transit to me - can’t wait!
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:34 pm

lladets wrote:I received RVT's latest formulation on Tuesday morning and gave it a spin this morning. Mo, you have a winner with this one!! :clap:
South African artisan soap makers are up there with the worlds best. When opening the tub one gets a preview of what to expect. It whips up into a creamy/slick rich lather in no time at all and once on the face, the menthol and eucalyptus kicks in and does its cooling work.
It is not overpowering and the cooling effect gradually builds up leaving the face nourished and fresh.
I finished off with the 444 aftershave gel which also has an almost liquorice menthol feel to it. All in all a fantastic shave using my Rockwell 2C with the #3
baseplate and a Gillette 7 o'clock green blade.
Please pass my compliments on to your soapmaker........he has excelled with this one!
Awesome shave! Glad you enjoyed the soap.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm

I have one coming in also and I’m so anxious to receive it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 am

Mine is here (with a couple of other goodies!) and I’m looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning. It smells great - not as strong as I was expecting. Just the right scent level for me. :)

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Oh my God, is this soap ever fabulous!

It doesn’t have an overwhelming scent but it’s very pleasant and it smells exactly like the Halls eucalyptus lozenges. It explodes into rich, slick, protective lather with a strong menthol sensation. Excellent postshave care also. Mo, this soapmaker is a genius! :)

JEFF
JAYDEE

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:24 pm

JAYDEE wrote:Oh my God, is this soap ever fabulous!

It doesn’t have an overwhelming scent but it’s very pleasant and it smells exactly like the Halls eucalyptus lozenges. It explodes into rich, slick, protective lather with a strong menthol sensation. Excellent postshave care also. Mo, this soapmaker is a genius! :)

Thank you veyr much Jeff! I'll pass on your kind words to our the maker. :thumbup:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby JAYDEE » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:30 pm

RiverValleyTrading wrote:
JAYDEE wrote:Oh my God, is this soap ever fabulous!

Thank you veyr much Jeff! I'll pass on your kind words to our the maker. :thumbup:

Please do so Mo!

It’s I who must thank you for sending it to me!

JEFF
JAYDEE

Return to Shaving Cream & Soap Discussion