Bundubeard Brushes

Tell us all about the brush that creates the magic.

Bundubeard Brushes

Postby dini » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:23 pm

I bought a two brushes from Jaco last year and never got around to posting them . The knots in these brushes are amazing for the price . They have been able to work with about any soap and provide a generous amount of backbone while still be pretty darn plush . I have forgetten the specs on these handles but I do remember the lighter one is a super high density High mountain white 26mm and the darker is 30 mm 2 band .

The 30mm does exhibit some mop qualities when soaked but that is to be expected . The only thing I would change about these brushes is that I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the feel of acrylic/resin , but that would push the price up . As it stands these are amazing value for money brushes .

dini

Bundubeard Brushes

Postby ShaverBBS » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm

dini wrote:I bought a two brushes from Jaco last year and never got around to posting them . The knots in these brushes are amazing for the price . They have been able to work with about any soap and provide a generous amount of backbone while still be pretty darn plush . I have forgetten the specs on these handles but I do remember the lighter one is a super high density High mountain white 26mm and the darker is 30 mm 2 band .

The 30mm does exhibit some mop qualities when soaked but that is to be expected . The only thing I would change about these brushes is that I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the feel of acrylic/resin , but that would push the price up . As it stands these are amazing value for money brushes .

Those look good.
What did you pay?
ShaverBBS

Re: Bundubeard Brushes

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:36 pm

dini wrote:I bought a two brushes from Jaco last year and never got around to posting them . The knots in these brushes are amazing for the price . They have been able to work with about any soap and provide a generous amount of backbone while still be pretty darn plush . I have forgetten the specs on these handles but I do remember the lighter one is a super high density High mountain white 26mm and the darker is 30 mm 2 band .

Wow, very nice! 30mm is huge.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby dini » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:43 pm

ShaverBBS wrote:
Those look good.
What did you pay?[/quote]

IIRC the 26 mm was R1500 . That a bit of a custom order as I chose the knot and the wood , but have a look at Bundus website . Cant remember the the exact price of the other as this was early 2019 . Will have to check and confirm . Dont want to guess .

Think I might be mistaking the 30 mm for a 28 mm though
dini

Postby ShaverBBS » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:21 pm

Very nice Indeed.
ShaverBBS

Postby Clouds » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:33 am

Very nice Dini.
I'm with you on wood vs acrylic, but for different reasons, and would add Aluminium or Titanium to that.

I think that at some point dry wood will crack due to the warm / hot soaking - drying - repeat cycle.
Clouds

Return to Brush Talk