DE Blade shoot out Week Twenty Nine – Polsilver SI

Discuss and Review the cutting edge.

DE Blade shoot out Week Twenty Nine – Polsilver SI

Postby Gaza365 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 am

This week I had a go with the much talked up and therefore anticipated Polsilver SI
First things first, a couple notes on my soap for this round (Personal thoughts). I used the Wriggly Tin Vanilla patchouli
The Goats milk soap whips up into a lather pretty easily, and makes a good amount of lather too. Its got great slip and cushion, and is pretty top notch in my book. The Scent on the soap is like something off of a desert cart 

Shave 1: The Polsilver blade started off with a good smooth and mild shave. A very comfortable shave. The blade dealt with the stubble efficiently, and effectively, and I did not get any irritation or razor burn. And the shave was BBS after 3 passes… quite impressively so! About 15 minutes after the shave, I was still stroking my face impressed with how my face was feeling. Getting a BBS shave with the blade had been an effortless affair

Shave 2: Shave two after a couple days break and slightly more growth on my face was another DFS. The blade was smooth, with no pulling or tugging at all even with the longer stubble. There was no irritation or razor burn after three passes, and even though I started with longer whiskers, the end result was just as BBS as the first shave. The blade is certainly efficient at dealing with stubble.

Shave 3: no detectable deterioration in the blade… it was still giving a smooth comfortable shave without pulling or tugging. Even shaving the day after shave 2, the blade did not cause any irritation. The result was the same level of BBS, and a great after shave feeling.

Shave 4: A couple days growth again this time around, and the blade still dispatched this with ease. The blade did not have any signs of deterioration. Still a sharp smooth shave. The blade was still just as efficient as when I first used it. The result was the same “trademark” BBS shave with no irritation.

Overall (TLDNR)
This blade give a terrific shave it starts sharp, but not “dangerously” sharp like the Feather. It gives a comfortable, mild shave, and dispatches any facial hair with ease. The Shave is impressively close, yet without causing any irritation. It also has top notch durability, since I did not pick up any deterioration in performance over 4 shaves. This blade performs well in all aspects and you would probably be hard pressed to have a bad shave with this blade

Next week: Derby Blue
Gaza365

Re: DE Blade shoot out Week Twenty Nine – Polsilver SI

Postby Thug » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:16 am

Great review Gaza.

Now you know why it's my go-to blade when I use a DE both for my face and head!
Thug

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Great review Gaza. I think you will also enjoy the new Derby black.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby deepsouth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Polsilver FTW ! Have you done a local Minora yet? Those are excellent too imho
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby Gaza365 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 am

deepsouth wrote:Polsilver FTW ! Have you done a local Minora yet? Those are excellent too imho

The Minora Is after the Derby Blue, i slipped the derby blue in so that i could "Save the best for last" As i was reminded :lol:

a Round of of what Ive tested (Red) and whats left to go

BIC
Lion
Gillette 7 sharp edge
Rapira Plat Lux
Thames Stainless
Gillette 7 super stainless
Rapira Swedish super steel
Treet platinum
Vidyut Super-Max Stainless
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Ladas Super Stainless
Treet D.E.B. (Carbon)
Concord
Derby Extra
Astra Superior Platinum
Elios Inox
Super-Max Super Stainless (Green)
Super-Max Super Stainless (Blue Plus)
Super-Max Super Platinum
Big Ben Super Stainless
Super-Max Blue Diamond
Vokshod Teflon
Feather
Astra Superior Stainless
Shark Super Stainless
Personna Platinum
Gillette Platinum
Polsilver super iridium

Derby Blue
Gillette Minora

Other baldes I will get around to testing at some point, but im more keen to revisit my favorites from the above list in different razors first

Dorco Blue
Dorco Red
Vidyut Zorrik Super Stainless
Treet New Steel
Zorrik Talvar
MEM Super Silver Platinum

I also want to pickup some of the Derby blacks and the perma Sharps. but at this rate, I will never be done testing new blades :surprised
Gaza365

Postby deepsouth » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 am

Great review, you have some stellar blades left in your to do list
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby dini » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:19 am

Polsilvers are indeed a very good blade .

I see the prices are slowly creeping up with the news of it being discontinued .
dini

Return to Blade Discussion