DE Blade shoot out Week Twenty Two – Voskhod

Discuss and Review the cutting edge.

DE Blade shoot out Week Twenty Two – Voskhod

Postby Gaza365 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 am

This week the Voskhod, It seems to pop up often in shaving videos, so I assumed it was going to be a week of good shaves

Shave 1: Right from the get go, the blade game a very smooth shave. No pulling or tugging, and it gave a completely irritation free shave. The blade was ever so slightly less mild than the ones I have been using the last few weeks, not aggressive, just present. For me, this blade performed very nicely, and my skin was left feeling in tip top shape. While the blade is plenty sharp enough it was not the sharpest I have used but still gave a good close shave
Shave 2: Shave two was another excellent shave, even with a few days of growth, the performance was still the same as the first time around, with three very comfortable passes. I thought I was imagining it in the first shave, but the second time around I also picked up a slightly different feel from the blade to what I’m used to. I don’t quite know how to describe it, but it just slides differently across the face. Still no pulling or tugging, no irritation and no nicks or cuts. With a good close result.

Shave 3: Shave three, and the shave was another top-quality shave, no signs of deterioration in performance. I got a comfortable smooth shave with zero irritation, and a nice close shave. I still felt the blade had the “different” feel, but despite that the result had not disappointed.

Shave 4: The last shave from the blade and it still felt much like it did at the beginning. I wouldn’t really say there was any significant deterioration in performance. The blade did not start as the sharpest, but it did maintain its sharpness well. The finished result was another smooth comfortable shave, very close, with no pulling tugging or irritation.

Overall (TLDNR)
Even though this blade does not start off the sharpest, it maintains a consistent edge, with good durability. The blade is plenty shar to give a comfortable shave though, and I had some nice shaves with the blade. The blade Mostly mild, but just ever so slightly present, but still gives a smooth comfortable experience. This is a very well balanced blade in all respects. I got some close shaves with the blade, just about always BBS except for one spot here or there. I’ll keep this blade in rotation, I really liked it.

Next week: Feather
Gaza365

Re: DE Blade shoot out Week Twenty Two – Voskhod

Postby Jacquers » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:33 am

A nice blade to use in aggressive razors due to it's smoothness :thumbup:
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby deepsouth » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Voskhod! One of my top blades, I do run them in angry razors or on angry settings in the adjustables. Consistent and smooth results.
You are going to like the Feather, especially if you're using a milder razor. Keep in mind, it's still a DE blade - so don't worry about the "sharpness" and or hype around them. Try to not shave for a couple of days prior to their first outing, impressive blade!
A man well lathered is half shaved
deepsouth

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Very nice writeup Gaza and I'm glad to see fellow shavers are in agreement. The Voskhods are very good blades. :thumbup:
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Thug » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Excellent write- up Gaza.

I had a tuck of Voskhod from RVT and although I only occasionally use a DE, I rated them quite highly.

If I can't get hold of the Polsilvers which are my favourite DE blade, Voskhod it would be.
Thug

Postby JAYDEE » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:35 am

Great review @Gaza. I agree with you about the Voskhods.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Return to Blade Discussion