Gillette Nacet

Discuss and Review the cutting edge.

Gillette Nacet

Postby Jacquers » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:33 pm

I gave these a try over the weekend and in short: they are very nice blades. Sharp and smooth. No nicks, cuts or weepers.

I'd rate them a bit sharper than the Astra SP, but with comparable smoothness. It's a very close call and quite subjective - I will have to do a head to head comparison, but I think the Nacets have the edge wrt sharpness, but the Astra wins wrt to smoothness (although Voskhod is smoother than them both, but less sharp).

Longevity remains to be seem, but from the reviews they should last a couple of shaves. Definitely a top tier blade worth trying.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Re: Gillette Nacet

Postby RiverValleyTrading » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Jacquers wrote:I gave these a try over the weekend and in short: they are very nice blades. Sharp and smooth. No nicks, cuts or weepers.

I'd rate them a bit sharper than the Astra SP, but with comparable smoothness. It's a very close call and quite subjective - I will have to do a head to head comparison, but I think the Nacets have the edge wrt sharpness, but the Astra wins wrt to smoothness (although Voskhod is smoother than them both, but less sharp).

Longevity remains to be seem, but from the reviews they should last a couple of shaves. Definitely a top tier blade worth trying.

Nice Jacquers. Do they come out of St Peteresberg plant as well?
This is how my Grandfather shaved
This is how my Father shaved
This is how I shave.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/306126/RiverValleyTrading
RiverValleyTrading
Commercial Vendor

Postby Jacquers » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:44 pm

As far as I know, yes.
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Jacquers

Postby JAYDEE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 pm

There are also Nacets from Egypt. They're good but only for a couple of shaves. YMMV.
JEFF
JAYDEE

Return to Blade Discussion